Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sphere photo
21609 27 2020-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans22d991ef
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1064308 ft
Saudi Arabia

Hi all, I took a 360 sphere photo with my mini 2 today, I can only see it as sphere in the DJI Fly app. On IPhone I see it as a normal photo. Is there as app that can transform it into sphere?

Thanks again
HH
2020-12-8
Use props
fans22d991ef
Second Officer
Saudi Arabia

18319A3A-BD11-466D-B227-BED4ED0A764A.jpeg
2020-12-8
Use props
sbonev
Captain
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

in order for the phone to recognize the photo as a 360 photo you need to edit the exif data of the picture to include projection mode = equirectangular. it is strange dji software doesn't do that... not sure if it is omission in the mini 2 firmware or it is like that for all 360 panos shot on dji fly and is an app issue.
2020-12-8
Use props
Debugger
First Officer
Flight distance : 4622992 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Try GoPro VR Player 3.0 for 360 photos and videos on PC.
I was looking for so long for a software to view my 360 videos/photos from my Samsung Gear 360 until I try this.
It works great with 360 photos of mini 2 too.
2020-12-8
Use props
MiFrDr
Captain
Flight distance : 297995 ft
Germany

How about Skypixels, the DJI image library?

This spere has been made with Mavic Mini and Dronelink application. The 23 images have been stiched  with Hugin. After that the top of the sphere had to be extended by another app (Snagit). I assume with Mavic Mini 2 it would be easier, you can upload the sphere directly, I think ...

(not sure how to embed pictures in this post)

Google Streetview is also able to show your spheres ...
Google Steet View 360

2020-12-8
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Captain
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

You can import hem to FSP viewer for example. http://www.fsoft.it/FSPViewer/download/
2020-12-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MiFrDr Posted at 12-8 12:52

This spere has been made with Mavic Mini and Dronelink application. The 23 images have been stiched  with Hugin. After that the top of the sphere had to be extended by another app (Snagit). I assume with Mavic Mini 2 it would be easier, you can upload the sphere directly, I think ...

Nice pano
2020-12-8
Use props
fans22d991ef
Second Officer
Saudi Arabia

Thanks all for the recommendations,, I will try them and I located some apps as well.
2020-12-8
Use props
ebnater
lvl.1
Flight distance : 91542 ft
Germany

When taking a sphere pano sometimes the picture will not ne transmitted to my smartphone. I just have the single pictures on the sd-card in my Mini 2. Why are the pictures not on my smartphone (in the DJI fly app)? Is there a way to get them there?
2020-12-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I am not sure about M2 yet, but with MP I had to do most of the work myself. Unless I uploaded directly to Skypixel via the Go4 app.
2020-12-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks nice!
2020-12-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I always use skypixel or if you have your own hosting you can use https://pannellum.org
2020-12-9
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cool looking pano
2020-12-9
Use props
smoking_rubber
lvl.1
United States

I love that I can upload straight from DJI Fly to SkyPixels for the 360 shots.  
https://www.skypixel.com/photo360s/over-the-dinosaur-caves-in-shell-beach?utm_source=copied&utm_medium=PCWeb&utm_campaign=share&sp=0

360 Over Shell Beach - Maybe I don't have permission to create links yet

I wish the same thing happened when I upload to Facebook though.  So far everywhere I save the file it shows up square, except SkyPixel.

2020-12-11
Use props
smoking_rubber
lvl.1
United States

What is the process of getting my 360 shots from the card to something I can view or share via Street View app?  I really like the resolution and control there.
2020-12-11
Use props
tomskra
lvl.3
Flight distance : 131112 ft
Czechia

smoking_rubber Posted at 12-11 09:37
I love that I can upload straight from DJI Fly to SkyPixels for the 360 shots.  

You can upload photosphere to Facebook but it is little bit tricky. And you have to use your computer.

E.g. my photospheres on facebook:
360 sphere on facebook #1
360 sphere on facebook #2

I can create tutorial if you want.

2020-12-11
Use props
smoking_rubber
lvl.1
United States

tomskra Posted at 12-11 14:20
You can upload photosphere to Facebook but it is little bit tricky. And you have to use your computer.

E.g. my photospheres on facebook:

Yes a tutorial would be awesome.  So far, I've got PTGui to stitch the 360 pictures, but I'm not that impressed with the viewer functionality and it still outputs just a jpg.  It looks good and clear but the controls are funky.
2020-12-11
Use props
MiFrDr
Captain
Flight distance : 297995 ft
Germany

smoking_rubber Posted at 12-11 23:53
Yes a tutorial would be awesome.  So far, I've got PTGui to stitch the 360 pictures, but I'm not that impressed with the viewer functionality and it still outputs just a jpg.  It looks good and clear but the controls are funky.
[view_image]

Great picture. I think you just need to change the size to format 2:1 (without changing other image characteristics, just extending the upper part). After that you can upload it directly to SkyPixels (as 360 spere).
For uploading to facebook, some tricks are needed. I do not know exactly how, but  image characteristics need to be changed, so that image looks like been taken by another camaera. Facebook detects only some camera types as 360 camera. And only if 36 camera is detected, image will be shown as sphere ...
2020-12-13
Use props
djiuser_267jcyL97zif
lvl.4
Flight distance : 15738737 ft
Bulgaria

For Facebook you need ProjectionType="equirectangular" in the exif metadata (you can use ExifTool to change the metadata) and 2:1 image (width to be twice the height). No need to modify the camera make or any other exif information.
2020-12-14
Use props
smoking_rubber
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_267jcyL97zif Posted at 12-14 00:23
For Facebook you need ProjectionType="equirectangular" in the exif metadata (you can use ExifTool to change the metadata) and 2:1 image (width to be twice the height). No need to modify the camera make or any other exif information.

Awesome!  Thank you all for the assistance.  I was able to post this to Facebook and it shows up perfectly.  I'm still hoping to figure out the tiny planet thumbnail, but it's a work in progress.  This is progress.
edit - didn't show up here as a 360.  It did on facebook though.

2020-12-14
Use props
sbonev
Captain
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Bulgaria

smoking_rubber Posted at 12-14 14:00
Awesome!  Thank you all for the assistance.  I was able to post this to Facebook and it shows up perfectly.  I'm still hoping to figure out the tiny planet thumbnail, but it's a work in progress.  This is progress.
edit - didn't show up here as a 360.  It did on facebook though.

the upper black part can be content-aware filled in photoshop with sky. it is a bit tricky at times, but its worth it for better looking 360 view.
2020-12-14
Use props
djiuser_BesfCMB4M2kp
New

United Kingdom

WOW! Cool picture. I wish my phone would take such photos. The problem may be that I cannot photograph, LOL. No matter how much I try to take beautiful photos, I always get a daub. Therefore, my girlfriend and I order a photo session once a season. We usually go to https://www.wanderlustportraits.com/engagement-photographer-orlando/, which we have known for a long time. It is better to pay professionals for a photo than to suffer yourself. Beautiful photos in the future will be a great memory of our youth. Perhaps, someday I will learn how to take beautiful photos. But for now, I’d better turn to professionals.
2021-7-23
Use props
fran6t
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101942 ft
France

Hello, if you have a small web server with php I have adapted some opensource software to share droonie and spheres.
If  so many are interested with your help of all of we can translate this, my level of English is poor.

The open source is here and a demo is available on github https://github.com/fran6t/ExhibMyDrone

Demo here https://d.wse.fr/ExhibMyDrone/ (5 spheres and 2 videos 1 droonie and 1 spire)

2021-8-23
Use props
Johnny_J
First Officer

Sweden

Create an account in SkyPixel, then upload all photos:
2021-8-23
Use props
djiuser_WseUB3kNBOrM
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Had the same issue on my new Mini 3 Pro first sphere shot today but downloaded a viewer app for the iPad and it’s mega to spin around.   Called ‘spherualizer’ on the App Store if that’s of any use?
2022-6-3
Use props
Abe_flies
Flight distance : 265781 ft
United States

Many of the comments talk about other apps that can view it, but fundamentally the problem is that the DJI generated 360 photo does not correctly set the EXIF data. But you can update it to fix it, then you can upload your photo to facebook and it works fine. For example, on my Android I use the meta360 app. Take your DJI 360 photo and "share" it to the meta360 app, and it puts an updated photo in a different gallery photo. When you view that in the gallery, there is then a button that lets you view as 360, and also if you upload it, other programs will recognize it properly.
2022-6-3
Use props
djiuser_Lqqq6ZFukzzn
New

Romania

MiFrDr Posted at 2020-12-8 12:52

https://www.skypixel.com/photo360s/my-product-e1eb6ba5-f539-40b8-af38-95202ced4baf

https://www.skypixel.com/photo360s/my-product-e1eb6ba5-f539-40b8-af38-95202ced4baf
2023-4-25
Use props
djiuser_Lqqq6ZFukzzn
New

Romania

MiFrDr Posted at 2020-12-8 12:52

dji_fly_20230422_152718_5_1682332579364_pano_optimized.jpg
2023-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules