Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How does magnetism affect the gimbal calibration
1042 4 2015-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
schizoframe36
lvl.1

Germany

Dear Inspire Pilots and DJI Staff,

I'm curious about the calibration of the gimbal. How does the calibration work? Is it through optical points which the camera can reference through spinning or is it connected to the compass?
My gimbal is unable to calibrate itself. It spins around like crazy.
I figured out that the gimbal axis screws and nuts got magnetised when I opened up the gimbal.
I think magnetised screws and nuts on the gimbal could be a problem for the auto calibration process.

can the camera gimbal be adjusted manually? If so how is that done?

Can anyone help me on this one? DJI People please let me know how the calibration process is done and how I can get rid off my problem.
Hope for any thoughts that help me.

cheers schizoframe36
2015-6-30
Use props
lkedziora
lvl.3
Flight distance : 808491 ft
Poland

I would check the pin connectors of the gimbal. They sometimes bend if the gimbal is not  properly attached. See here: post
2015-6-30
Use props
dundee
Captain
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

Also check the black colored rubber gasket between camera and gimble.
2015-6-30
Use props
schizoframe36
lvl.1

Germany

Thanks for your thoughts dundee and Ikedziora. Both are intact and looking properly. This can't be it.

Some how it dawns that my inspire days are over soon...this is far from a reliable product which you can use professionally.

I doubt that as a european manufacturer anybody would have thrown such a unfinished product on the market.
Everything  DJI needed  was a couple well known testimonials and the concerns and bitterness of the normal consumer is swalloed of the infinite darkness behind the great wall...
Sometimes I wonder what Philip Bloom and Adam Savage did when their first birds crashed...they probably just got a whole new truck load of them with a little  post it to keep quiet.
2015-7-2
Use props
lkedziora
lvl.3
Flight distance : 808491 ft
Poland

Just do not loose Your hope and find the solution. Then post Your answer to help the others.
2015-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules