12 volt power output???
4084 5 2020-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ponelli
lvl.1

Germany

hello -
i´ve got a ronin-s with the whole equipment (universal mount, car mount, dji force pro, and so on...) and i´m really happy with all the possibilities with that system.
i´m filming mainly with gimbal with an bmpcc 4k, teradek wireless video transmitter and a nucleus m motor system. it´s a very small unit on top or the ronin-s and all the professional add-ons as well like the camera are powered through the ronin-s. so i´m able to put the whole unit on a car mount with the universal mount and all is powered then via d-tap 12volt.
this is so cool. and i can work with heavier professional pl-mount lenses and focus them with the nucleus-m motor.

than i bought the rs2, cause it can take more weight and the motors of the rs2 are stronger. and it can work with larger camera units....that sounded great at that time!

so i ordered the whole equipment surrounding again ...for the rs2.
when the new gimbal arrived i first notice that there was no 12 volt power output on the gimbal itself, only 3 time 5 volt through usb-c.......
why??????
everything that was phantastic to work as a professional dop with a small single handed gimbal doesn´t function anymore....no external teradek video, no camera power and no focusmotor power. all these devices work on 12 volt. and i´ve read that the internal battery of the rs2 got 15 volts!!!

dji team: what was the idea of this decisison? unfortunatly it´s a big step back for the product. with this configuration you seem to aim the youtubers, not the pros.

i just spoke to an camera electrician who told me that it´s technically not possible just to add 3 times the 5 volt from each usb-c plug to get at least 15 volt out.
this results that i have to power the environment and the camera with an extra 12 volt d-tap cable hanging extra on the joints of the gimbal and reduce the agility of it.....this is not the idea of a modern gimbal system.

so here is my question to dji: will there be a software or additional hardware- solution (like a plug-adapter) in the future for my new rs2 to get 12 Volt out of it or should i send the whole unit back and cancel all the additinal orders for it?

would be nice not only to hear that you will send this issue to your engineers! i need an answer please!!

best

2020-12-9
Use props
ponelli
lvl.1

Germany

2020-12-9
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

We need 12v, it’s vital
2020-12-10
Use props
Ssaumlsch
lvl.4
Germany

You are not the only one...https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D764%26typeid%3D764
2020-12-11
Use props
Brandon J Reese
lvl.1

United States

I’m going to second how vital 12v output is. I really do not want to return the RS2
2021-2-24
Use props
Troubleshooter
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Brandon J Reese Posted at 2-24 23:27
I’m going to second how vital 12v output is. I really do not want to return the RS2

intersting enough i just found this out as well! i actually ordered 2 batteries because i thought that i can atleast power my camera from the RS2, im coming from a Zhiyun Crane lab 3 and , also im using a sony a6300 and you know how terrible that battery life is on that,

how is this thing so powerful but cant add power to my camera,

ive yet to see Dji respond to anybody that has ask this question, its like a "Ignore this question" everytime
2021-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules