Stolen Drone.
7013 27 2020-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marc1987
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Can't believe I am having to write this.  Came home the other day - harassed by the dog and trying to bring things into the house.  My car was left open, stole my pride and joy Phantom 3 Pro which was in the boot.  I am wondering this, if the thief sells it (no doubt to some unsuspecting parent for a kid's Christmas) and all my previous flight logs are synced to my DJI account.  If they manage to fire it up (I've got the charger) and fly it, will the flight record go to my DJI account?.  
2020-12-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If they manage to fire it up (I've got the charger) and fly it, will the flight record go to my DJI account?.  
Did they get your phone/tablet?
Anyone can fly your drone but if they don't have the phone/tablet you used, they will have to download the app to their device and open a DJI account for their app.
Any future flight data would go to that app and not yours.
2020-12-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Marc1987. I am sorry to read and to know that your DJI Phantom 3 Pro was stolen. Since this issue happened and the said DJI drone is stolen it would be best to report this issue to your local authorities of the theft that had happened, and allow the police to run on their investigation of this incident. In addition, regretfully, we are unable to block your stolen aircraft. Tracking it would require the aircraft to be flying when it was lost through the flight record on your DJI Go Application. Hoping we could do more for you, we apologize. Again I am sorry for the trouble and please stay safe always.
2020-12-9
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hello Marc , sad to hear that , anyway , We will be attentive with new users who use your Model, something not common, since it is an old model, normally new users enter by purchasing new drones ..
2020-12-10
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

Where are you Marc1987, UK, US?? Report it to the authorities immediately. Bear in mind that all drone pilots have to register with the FAA, CAA etc before flying.

It's possible it will appear on a for sale site somewhere, has it any distinctive features apart from your registration details.
I've put mine on the INSIDE as well as on the outside!
2020-12-10
Use props
Marc1987
lvl.1

United Kingdom

cheddar-man Posted at 12-10 00:57
Where are you Marc1987, UK, US?? Report it to the authorities immediately. Bear in mind that all drone pilots have to register with the FAA, CAA etc before flying.

It's possible it will appear on a for sale site somewhere, has it any distinctive features apart from your registration details.

Hi,

Thanks for the response.  No it has no distinctive features.  I am just hoping they rig it up to a phone and launch it with DJI GO and hopefully it'll show up on my flight logs.   I know all drones must be registered, but unsure how that is policed.

To say I'm gutted is an understatement, I love that drone.  

I think I will claim insurance and go Phantom 4.

Marc.
2020-12-10
Use props
Marc1987
lvl.1

United Kingdom

JetSam Posted at 12-10 00:52
Hello Marc , sad to hear that , anyway , We will be attentive with new users who use your Model, something not common, since it is an old model, normally new users enter by purchasing new drones ..

Hi,

Thank you for that.  To be honest I think it was an opportunistic druggie.  From the CCTV I obtained, he looks like it. The only thing is I didn't get his face clearly.  It will be sold for a fraction of its value to some unsuspecting parent who will think they are getting a good deal for their children's Christmas present.  When in fact if it shows on my flight logs, a good deal will be the last of their hopes.  It'll be charges of handling stolen goods.

Marc.
2020-12-10
Use props
Marc1987
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-9 22:09
Hello there Marc1987. I am sorry to read and to know that your DJI Phantom 3 Pro was stolen. Since this issue happened and the said DJI drone is stolen it would be best to report this issue to your local authorities of the theft that had happened, and allow the police to run on their investigation of this incident. In addition, regretfully, we are unable to block your stolen aircraft. Tracking it would require the aircraft to be flying when it was lost through the flight record on your DJI Go Application. Hoping we could do more for you, we apologize. Again I am sorry for the trouble and please stay safe always.

I find this completely unacceptable and frankly untrue that you can not find a lost aircraft.  For the money we pay as customers, we ought to be able to see it's location when it is switched on.  The police are investigating.  Unfortunately, in the UK - they are completely useless.
2020-12-10
Use props
Marc1987
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 12-9 22:04
If they manage to fire it up (I've got the charger) and fly it, will the flight record go to my DJI account?.  
Anyone can fly your drone but if they don't have the phone/tablet you used, they will have to download the app to their device and open a DJI account for their app.

I had feared this would be a possibility and more so clung to the hope that it would sync in my flight log.  I live in quite a small place, and judging by the person I saw on the CCTV.  They aren't travelling types.  I think it'll be offered to someone locally, and I have saturated local social media with it.  Hopefully someone who is offered it contacts me.

Marc.   
2020-12-10
Use props
Marc1987
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 12-9 22:04

I also find it hard to believe DJI wouldn't know with our registered serial numbers appearing on new accounts that something was up.  I think it's a case of won't rather than can't.
2020-12-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Marc1987 Posted at 12-10 19:46
I find this completely unacceptable and frankly untrue that you can not find a lost aircraft.  For the money we pay as customers, we ought to be able to see it's location when it is switched on.  The police are investigating.  Unfortunately, in the UK - they are completely useless.
I find this completely unacceptable and frankly untrue that you can not find a lost aircraft.  
Unacceptable and frankly untrue ??
You sound remarkably confident for someone that has no idea what you are ranting about.
It doesn't matter what you believe .. the technology doesn't work the way you imagine it does.

For the money we pay as customers, we ought to be able to see it's location when it is switched on.
No matter how much you pay and how fanciful your ideas of how the drone works, DJI don't have any idea where your drone is.
The drone and controller can only transmit for a couple of kilometres.
It doesn't (and cannot) check in with DJI.
How do you guess that DJI would have any idea at all where your drone is?
It might be a good idea to steer away from fantasy and confine yourself to the facts.

I also find it hard to believe DJI wouldn't know with our registered  serial numbers appearing on new accounts that something was up.  I think  it's a case of won't rather than can't.
You really are a twat aren't you?
FYI .. no serial number would show anywhere for a number of reasons that you have no idea about.
But why bother with boring technicalities.
No need to let a few facts get in the way of a good rant.
2020-12-11
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Blimey Labroides, that's all a bt hard on a guy who's lost hs drone!
As you say though, they are a stand alone item, not like a mobile phone which has tracking features. You can always fit a tracker, hidden inside the shell if you want to but they don't came as standard.
Marc1987 does raise an interesting question, if it flies, will it show up on his flight data somewhere?
All I've done is to stick Dymo labels INSIDE the case with my license details as well as on the outside as required by law here now.

Good luck Marc1987, was t insured??
2020-12-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

cheddar-man Posted at 12-12 00:43
As you say though, they are a stand alone item, not like a mobile phone which has tracking features. You can always fit a tracker, hidden inside the shell if you want to but they don't came as standard.
Marc1987 does raise an interesting question, if it flies, will it show up on his flight data somewhere?

Harsh, but fair when the guy has the facts presented to him, ignores them and goes on a rant about DJI that is incorrect and unjustified.

It's a question that I already answered above.
And if he'd taken in what I explained to him, he wouldn't have made such a goose of himself ranting about what he imagined DJI could do.

2020-12-12
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

No comment
2020-12-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

What does that mean?
You wanted to tell us that you aren't going to tell us?
Gee ... thanks for that
2020-12-12
Use props
Marc1987
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 12-12 03:33
Blimey Labroides, that's all a bt hard on a guy who's lost hs drone!
Harsh, but fair when the guy has the facts presented to him, ignores them and goes on a rant about DJI that is incorrect and unjustified.

Ok drone police of the universe calm down.  Yes, I did have a rant because I lost my beloved drone.  Get over yourself and before you start hurling personal insults at people who have real careers and don't know the fine details of how DJI works since we're too busy doing real things all day - just remember; it is someone on the other end you're talking to.  
2020-12-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Marc1987 Posted at 12-12 14:42
Ok drone police of the universe calm down.  Yes, I did have a rant because I lost my beloved drone.  Get over yourself and before you start hurling personal insults at people who have real careers and don't know the fine details of how DJI works since we're too busy doing real things all day - just remember; it is someone on the other end you're talking to.

Get over yourself and before you start hurling personal insults at people who have real careers and don't know the fine details of how DJI works since we're too busy doing real things all day  
My apologies .. I didn't realise you are one of those people that has a real career.
Had I known, I would have addressed you differently, particularly if I'd known that you are doing real things all day.

just remember; it is someone on the other end you're talking to.
Yes, someone who doesn't know the facts, yet when they are provided, confidently declares them to be unacceptable and untrue.

You twat.

2020-12-12
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Lab ..... is there someone you do not confront ??? Please measure the offensive power in your assists with which you act ...
2020-12-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

JetSam Posted at 12-17 02:10
Lab ..... is there someone you do not confront ??? Please measure the offensive power in your assists with which you act ...

Is the 5G network getting to you?
Breathing too many chemtrails perhaps?
2020-12-17
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Labroides Posted at 12-17 02:34
Is the 5G network getting to you?
Breathing too many chemtrails perhaps?

not ... the satellites
2020-12-17
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Sorry for your lost.
If you couldn't find it, buy a Mini 2 .
2021-1-29
Use props
djiuser_XddX4scm6wt5
New

Armenia

My drone was stolen during delivery S/N 1581F4XFC225E0063QEK. It is a high chance it is not activated. Is there anything I can do?
2022-7-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_XddX4scm6wt5 Posted at 7-2 11:14
My drone was stolen during delivery S/N 1581F4XFC225E0063QEK. It is a high chance it is not activated. Is there anything I can do?

Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. Please note that the drone cannot be locked by serial number at the moment. You may try to contact local authorities for further assistance, they may help to find the drone. Sorry again for this situation.
2022-7-7
Use props
djiuser_6oYPhYiNP957
New
Flight distance : 2182 ft
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 2020-12-12 17:51
Get over yourself and before you start hurling personal insults at people who have real careers and don't know the fine details of how DJI works since we're too busy doing real things all day  
My apologies .. I didn't realise you are one of those people that has a real career.
Had I known, I would have addressed you differently, particularly if I'd know that you are doing real things all day.
@Labroids Wow..you really are a knob end arent you. Must of been an only child with a unloved upbringing? You attitude stinks, whether the man was right or wrong in his replies you blantent attack doesnt leave you in good light. A bit of empathy would go a long way and would help you in the future i would imagine.
2022-10-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_6oYPhYiNP957 Posted at 10-2 12:19
@Labroids Wow..you really are a knob end arent you. Must of been an only child with a unloved upbringing? You attitude stinks, whether the man was right or wrong in his replies you blantent attack doesnt leave you in good light. A bit of empathy would go a long way and would help you in the future i would imagine.

What kind of person provides etiquette commentary on a forum post that's two years old?
And then dishes out abuse, after admonishing someone for what he perceives as the same thing?
2022-10-2
Use props
djiuser_AnPM6otRh2cW
lvl.1

United States

Everyone, chill out. This is a place for people who like DJI, not a battleground.

I may be new, and no one knows me, but I firmly believe that this harsh exchange of words is too far.

We could point fingers as to who instigated this all day, but in the end, all we have done is torn each other down with hurtful words.

I don't mean to start up this thread again, but I just want the end of it to not be as bad as you all have made it.
2022-12-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_AnPM6otRh2cW Posted at 12-9 09:35
Everyone, chill out. This is a place for people who like DJI, not a battleground.

I may be new, and no one knows me, but I firmly believe that this harsh exchange of words is too far.

I don't mean to start up this thread again,
But you did.
Why bother to re-open a long forgotten thread?

but I just want the end of it to not be as bad as you all have made it.

The thread was long ago and most of the participants haven't been here in a year or more.
2022-12-11
Use props
Power Line
lvl.1

United States

Alright, thanks for clarifying. I did a dumb.

Sorry.
2022-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules