Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New firmware for Ronin
9205 38 2015-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Cathy
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Major Updates:
Upgraded the IMU firmware to v3.0, the GCUfirmware to v1.0, the PC/MAC Assistant to v1.8, and the User Manual to v1.6.
Addedsupport for the Ronin Thumb Controller, which can be used to remotely controlthe Roninsmotions.
Addedoptions in the PC/MAC Assistant: Enable Silent Mode, Roll Remote Control Off,and roll axis settings for SmoothTrack. Refer to the User Manual or the
descriptions in the PC/MAC Assistant formore details.
Optimized the Auto Tune Stability function to improve the accuracy of theconfigured stiffness settings.
Optimized the Calibrate System function to calibrate the gimbal faster and moreaccurately.
Changed the way the user enters Briefcase Mode: rotate the handle bar 90degrees so that it is perpendicular to the ground.
Addedto the ability to reset the password of the Bluetooth connection using theremote control: turn on the remote control and the Ronin, then quickly moveboth
control sticks to the inner bottom cornerswithin the first 8 seconds of powering on the Ronin.
Improved protection for the motors.
Fixedissue of the Ronin functioning abnormally when its roll axis is manuallyrotated beyond 90 degrees.
Improved motion control and smoothing when the Ronin resets its position ifbumped or rotated.
Reducedgyro noise.
Notes:
Besure to click Default after the firmware upgrade, otherwise the Ronin may notfunction properly.
Besure to restart and then calibrate your Ronin after the firmware upgrade toprevent it from drifting. Click Calibrate System to begin the calibration, andrestart
the Ronin again after the calibration iscomplete. (During the calibration, it is normal for the motors to power off,and you must not touch the Ronin.)
It isnormal for your Ronin to shake momentarily when the Auto Tune Stabilityfunction is configuring the stiffness settings.
Themotors will exhibit more stiffness for the same stiffness values after thefirmware update. Adjust the stiffness values if necessary. It is recommendedthat you
increase the tilt axis stiffness value ifthe Auto Tune Stability function configures a value below 30.
Thezero value of the SmoothTrack deadband has be adjusted so that it nowrepresents absolute zero, improving the control accuracy of the Ronin whenhandheld
stationary. With the new scale, it ishighly recommended to set the SmoothTrack deadband of each axis to 5 or aboveduring any kind of movement to achieve the
optimal performance.
It ishighly recommended that you adjust the stiffness settings by hand if you are inSilent Mode
2015-6-30
Use props
ajib72
lvl.1

Malaysia

Can be used for Ronin M?
2015-7-1
Use props
DJI-Cathy
Second Officer

Hong Kong

I am afraid not, this is only for Ronin
2015-7-1
Use props
ajib72
lvl.1

Malaysia

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-7-2 09:44
I am afraid not, this is only for Ronin

for Ronin M will there be any new update?
2015-7-1
Use props
stevie
New

United Kingdom

Nice upgrade ...... seems to be really  behaving itself .... Although I have found that if you are turning  smooth track "off " using  the latest  android app , it doesn't  work!!!! It seems to stay on . However if you use the remote control to turn off smooth track off (right toggle all the way up ) it works .
Again there are a few functions that are on the assistant app on my mac that should really be on the phone apps as well ( silent mode / roll axis settings etc) ..... adjusting these settings using the mac is a bit of a pain !! However the rig seems so much more stable now. I gets into Briefcase and upright mode really quite easily now .
I'm sure that there will be a app update to fix some of the function issues ....... and if so, then lets hope it can be done without up setting the way it seems to be running on this new firmware upgrade .
Thanks
2015-7-2
Use props
DJI-Darryl
lvl.3

United States

stevie Posted at 2015-7-3 06:59
Nice upgrade ...... seems to be really  behaving itself .... Although I have found that if you are t ...

Wow this made my day, But why can't we have "Silent Mode" on the iPhone app?
having to carry my laptop on every shoot that I use the BIG Ronin on is a HUGE HEADACHE!
Please make "Silent Mode" available on the IPHONE APP!!!!!!! ASAP!
2015-7-2
Use props
DJI-Cathy
Second Officer

Hong Kong

ajib72@yahoo.co Posted at 2015-7-2 15:55
for Ronin M will there be any new update?

maybe in the future, not sure currently
2015-7-3
Use props
DJI-Paul
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Please bear with us. We will be releasing updates to the mobile Apps very soon.
2015-7-3
Use props
DJI-Cathy
Second Officer

Hong Kong

DJI-Darryl Posted at 2015-7-3 15:31
Wow this made my day, But why can't we have "Silent Mode" on the iPhone app?
having to carry my la ...

The Android APP was released, and IOS APP will follow up, please try
2015-7-6
Use props
tatapolus
New

Germany

That's a fantastic update. It really improves the Ronin and makes it even more stable! So according to the release notes it's normal that the Ronin makes quite some noise now when you use Auto Tune stability, is that right? The whole thing is vibrating now. Didn't do that before. But it works great. And I am looking forward to the iOs update with the Silent option.
2015-7-9
Use props
pentagon78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 520233 ft
Malaysia

tatapolus@gmx.d Posted at 2015-7-10 04:06
That's a fantastic update. It really improves the Ronin and makes it even more stable! So according  ...

Is the roll axis drifting issue solved?
2015-7-9
Use props
adamonline
lvl.1
Australia

I just updated and now my remote won't work - I turn the remote on, the ronin light goes red (which is normal) but nothing works
I've tried to re-bind the remote but still no joy.
2015-7-15
Use props
emanuelechiari
New

Italy

adamonline Posted at 2015-7-16 11:23
I just updated and now my remote won't work - I turn the remote on, the ronin light goes red (which  ...

Same for me.... after update remote doesn't work
2015-8-12
Use props
emanuelechiari
New

Italy

emanuelechiari@ Posted at 2015-8-12 20:30
Same for me.... after update remote doesn't work

Solved..... be sure that all two upgrades are done and follow these instructions.... this work for me

Just download the new Assistant in thew Ronins download section. (V 1.8)

http://www.dji.com/product/ronin/download

Turn on the Ronin THEN connect the usb cable, go to the update section and update both the IMU and the GCU firmware after each other (does not matter in what order) and then make sure you follow these instructions after the update:

Be sure to click Default after the firmware upgrade, otherwise the Ronin may not function properly.
● Be sure to restart and then calibrate your Ronin after the firmware upgrade to prevent it from drifting. Click Calibrate System to begin the calibration, and restart
the Ronin again after the calibration is complete. (During the calibration, it is normal for the motors to power off, and you must not touch the Ronin.)
● It is normal for your Ronin to shake momentarily when the Auto Tune Stability function is configuring the stiffness settings.
● The motors will exhibit more stiffness for the same stiffness values after the firmware update. Adjust the stiffness values if necessary. It is recommended that you
increase the tilt axis stiffness value if the Auto Tune Stability function configures a value below 30.
● The zero value of the SmoothTrack deadband has be adjusted so that it now represents absolute zero, improving the control accuracy of the Ronin when handheld
stationary. With the new scale, it is highly recommended to set the SmoothTrack deadband of each axis to 5 or above during any kind of movement to achieve the
optimal performance.
● It is highly recommended that you adjust the stiffness settings by hand if you are in Silent Mode.
2015-8-13
Use props
jjj
New

Hong Kong

emanuelechiari@ Posted at 2015-8-13 19:11
Solved..... be sure that all two upgrades are done and follow these instructions.... this work for  ...

Hi, this update caused my Ronin to have roll axis drift. It is fine when I initially balance and calibrate, then after some use it will retain a permanent roll that is off axis. I would like to downgrade to 2.1, please can you assist. Send the downgrade file to jjj@jjjetel.com
Thanks!!
2015-8-18
Use props
dhaynor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 221673 ft
United States

where is the link for the download?
2015-8-20
Use props
ovidiu
New
Romania

Hey! I just did IMU update to 3.0 and engines do not go (Power is 0). What can I do? Where can I find DJI Ronin Assistant 1.0.2 because 1.0.6 is not compatible with the old version of the IMU. Thank you!
2015-9-11
Use props
PhilStone
New

Belgium

jjj@jjjetel.com Posted at 2015-8-19 07:32
Hi, this update caused my Ronin to have roll axis drift. It is fine when I initially balance and c ...

I have the same, does anyone know why the Ronin cant see its off centre when its actualy broadcasting to the app that its off centre? ....cant the cpu look at the position & say " Ronin dont be retarded get back to 0° nobody has asked for 6°"
2015-9-20
Use props
dmvideostuff
lvl.1

New Zealand

I have no pan control from the remote radio. It will tilt and roll, but no pan. I've tried everything in this thread, but it will not work. The pan channel is definitely working - I can see it moving the channel slider in the Gimbal Assistant software, so I am confident that the radio is communicating with the Ronin. The pan will work when in follow mode (or whatever you call it) - but the radio remote will not do a thing with only the pan axis. I need a solution.
2015-9-20
Use props
LDR
New

United States

Ronin App keeps crashing had to scrap using Ronin twice now.. very frustrated.. what is the problem with app ?
2015-9-21
Use props
DJI-Cathy
Second Officer

Hong Kong

LDR Posted at 2015-9-21 22:08
Ronin App keeps crashing had to scrap using Ronin twice now.. very frustrated.. what is the problem  ...

Does the APP crash on your IOS9? if so, please wait, we are trying to fix it, sorry for that
2015-9-23
Use props
paul
New
Malaysia

I am also having major issues with 3.0 and need to downgrade. I have a shoot tomorrow and have wasted two hours trying to set up this thing. Calibrating Centre seems to send the entire rig haywire and a complete factory reset has to be performed, with all the loss of my favourite settings.

Could someone from the open offices please email the last stable 2.x solution to me paul AT calamitystudio.com
My Ronin serial number is 0330020927
2015-10-2
Use props
admin
New

Australia

Tried new update and now Ronin wont start up. Dont update!!!!!
2015-10-15
Use props
Maik B
lvl.1

Poland

To me the update worked fine and solved the drift issues I was facing.  
2015-10-16
Use props
rich
New

Australia

Hi I urgently need the roll axis fixed on my Ronin, it will keep drifting after normal use for around 10minutes. Can a a tech support staff please help as I urgently need it to work for a shoot tomorrow.
2015-11-5
Use props
musicman2004
New

Russia

rich@thewoolshe Posted at 2015-11-6 06:49
Hi I urgently need the roll axis fixed on my Ronin, it will keep drifting after normal use for aroun ...

EXACTLY THE SAME!!!
2015-12-13
Use props
eyecraft1
New
Australia

This is the most frustrating piece of expensive gear that Ive ever brought that doesnt work, DJI RONIN has the WORST customer service from all camera gear companies, Iam embarrassed to use it on set as it never operates properly, how would you feel?, (Sorry for the words Iam about to use) Here is why !! Ive already had to return a faulty Ronin that sounded like a motor bike in 1st gear being thrashed & replaced it by another faulty fuker that drifts. The Ronin is perfectly balance on all axises. The Ronin doesnt know where its centre is. The iphone Assistant App asks me for a password that Ive never entered, I found out how to change it on your blog, Ive download correct software from my Mac hook the usb to the ronin & nothing happens, the blogs are littered with the same request, why not make a video showing how? is that too freckin simple.  Iam like other unsatisfied customers at the edge of there wits after spending thousands of dollars on a heavy gimbal that doesnt work & sits in a store room. Dont know why a company that makes MILLION$ of dollars cant put a video to show us poor suckers how it works. heres an idea, why not be able to change your password for the assistant app from your iphone or iPad. You can change your password for your bank account from your phone why not on the ronin app assistant You guys are so fuckin arrogant. Make a video showing how to connect software for Mac/PC to Ronin units, trust me it wont send DJI broke, but having faulty gear that doesnt work or isnt tested will. & bad customer information will. Its the 29th decemeber, nearly New year, I hope something changes in 2016.
2015-12-28
Use props
vincentedisanti
New

United States

I am pretty new to DJI equipment and am trying to download and install the new firmware update for my Ronin. I have gone to the Ronin downloads page but all I can find are firmware updates compatible with windows operating systems, not mac. (.exe. files)
Can someone please point me in the right direction?

EDIT: I am an idiot and figured it out on my own. Move along....nothing to see here.

2016-1-4
Use props
e.parrini
New

Italy

Hi,
I just upgraded my Ronin following all instructions (clicked "Default after installing) and all I get now is a "Not a DJI intelligent battery" message: trough the app (both on Mac laptop and Ipad) I can't get the Ronin to work anymore, it looks like the motors won't engage at all.
I also cleaned the batteries connectors and pushed them all the way down, as I read on other threads, still not working; can anyone help? thx
2016-1-15
Use props
knenkutz
New
United States

e.parrini@gmail Posted at 2016-1-16 03:47
Hi,
I just upgraded my Ronin following all instructions (clicked "Default after installing) and all  ...

I'm having this same issue! The ronin is completely useless now!
2016-1-26
Use props
silvertonesx24
lvl.1

United States

e.parrini@gmail Posted at 2016-1-15 13:47
Hi,
I just upgraded my Ronin following all instructions (clicked "Default after installing) and all  ...

Same issue here, now have a dead Ronin
2016-2-13
Use props
silvertonesx24
lvl.1

United States

Update? I need 3.0 to work and no response from customer support. Why do some apparently work and others like us are left with nothing.
2016-2-15
Use props
DJI-Cathy
Second Officer

Hong Kong

silvertonesx24 Posted at 2016-2-16 08:39
Update? I need 3.0 to work and no response from customer support. Why do some apparently work and ot ...

Pls confirm the firmware are all up to date, the latest firmware are GCU1.2, IMU3.0 now
Besides, make sure the battery is tightly inserted into the slot.
At last, you can also use Ronin assistant software v1.4 to downgrade to previous FM to see if it works again.
2016-2-15
Use props
info
New

Germany

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2016-2-16 03:35
Pls confirm the firmware are all up to date, the latest firmware are GCU1.2, IMU3.0 now
Besides, m ...

Dear DJI,
no reply to this Post, no helpful Email for this urgent matter.

The malfunction of the Gimbal with Firmware 3.0 cost me already 200,00 Eur yesterday. Tommorow is the next shooting day of total 3. Where is the support? Do you guys want us to estimate you an invoice for all the hours and work we spent or the rental gimbals we need to rent instead of our own? Read the forum carefully and see how many people have problems now with the new firmware.

So far it would be 600,00 Eur on mid of this week. Do you understand what that means or are you just interested in selling products to get bigger?

My point: This is important! I kindly ask you again to help asap and get in contact with me Benjamin Kurtz to help on monday 7 march 2016 to downgrade Ronin from 3.0 to 2.1. or as you suggest to make it work. We are not kinds playing around. This is serious business depending on reliable equipment. Keep what you promise. In Europe, Asia or USA!

If you want to get in contact directly call 0049 151 212 312 44.

Best regards,
Benjamin Kurtz
www.kurtzfilm.de/film
2016-3-6
Use props
jmartinez
New

United States

info@kurtzfilm. Posted at 2016-3-7 01:50
Dear DJI,
no reply to this Post, no helpful Email for this urgent matter.

Same thing happened to me! (updated all firmware and motors stopped working/remote was not working)

Solution: attach a different battery than the one you performed the update with. Once I attached the new battery I re-calibrated and auto-tuned stability and everything works fine. Even the remote started to work again.

hopefully it works for you or others who see this!
2016-3-18
Use props
info
New

Germany

jmartinez@richt Posted at 2016-3-18 19:41
Same thing happened to me! (updated all firmware and motors stopped working/remote was not working) ...

Hi JMArtinez,

Thanks for your reply. Will try that once I got a new battery! Thanks a lot for the tip! Best, Benjamin
2016-3-29
Use props
MyNameIsFrazer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 116247 ft
United States

I HATE DJI!!!!
EDIT : most of the time
2016-4-7
Use props
peli_peli
lvl.1
Flight distance : 698599 ft
Spain

Hi, I have seen here the output of the new firmware IMU 3.1 and GCU 1.2
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... Notes_en_160418.pdf
""2. Fixed the issue of roll axis drift when shooting.""

as I can install my ronin with firm 2.1 (I downgrade by problems with drift on axis Roll)

thank you very much,
2016-4-20
Use props
dessimondboris
New
France

Still waiting for a Ronin-M update...
2016-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules