Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
iPad mini for DJI Mini 2
18416 19 2020-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WingOver
lvl.1

United States

I have a chance to get a 3rd Gen iPad MINI for $80.

Or would I be better off just getting a new  5th Gen?

My Mini 2 is under the tree

2020-12-10
Use props
videoeditman
Captain
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

This is from DJI's compatibility list; maybe someone here  has tried your specific iPad 3?  Compatililty List; iPhone 11 Pro Max,iPhone 11 Pro,iPhone 11,iPhone XS Max,iPhone XS,iPhone XR,iPhone X,iPhone 8 Plus,iPhone 8,iPhone 7 Plus,iPhone 7,iPhone 6s Plus,iPhone 6s,iPhone 6 Plus,iPhone 6,iPad Pro(9.7-inch),iPad air2(9.7-inch),iPad mini4(8-inch),iPad Pro(10.5-inch),iPad Pro 2018(11-inch),iPad Pro (12.9-inch)
2020-12-10
Use props
whiteghost
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1479705 ft
United Kingdom

Hi  

Have seen a few post elsewhere saying mini 3 is a bit slow with the new fly app?  
Used 3 and 4 with Mavic pro and was fine but that was with DJI go?

I have a mini 5 and works perfectly with mini 2 and fly app?   

If anyone is using a 3 then they would know better?
2020-12-10
Use props
videoeditman
Captain
United States

Also flying under trees is tricky, you should try an open area, JK
Hope you enjoy your new mini 2!
2020-12-10
Use props
WingOver
lvl.1

United States

Thanks guys, I think I'll just get a new iPad Mini.
2020-12-10
Use props
videoeditman
Captain
United States

I'm not sure, but you might need an adapter for it to work with the controller? Does anyone know if the iPad Mini fits in the RC without an adapter?
2020-12-10
Use props
WingOver
lvl.1

United States

videoeditman Posted at 12-10 13:25
I'm not sure, but you might need an adapter for it to work with the controller? Does anyone know if the iPad Mini fits in the RC without an adapter?

I will have to get a mount bracket and a longer cable.  I know that for sure.
2020-12-10
Use props
K9JDN
Captain
Flight distance : 893819 ft
  • >>>
United States

i used an iPad Mini 4 with my original DJI Mavic Mini, but when I upgraded to the Mini 2, I also upgraded iPads.  I now use the iPad Mini 5 with my DJI Mini 2  (DJI has not added it to their compatibility list, but it works fine.)  You'll love it!  You'll need to use an adapter with the iPad Mini 5 and the Mini 2 controller.  I think DJI even offers one, now.  There are many different kinds available. i use one like this.  It's very convenient and works just fine holding the Mini 5 in place.  I use the RC cable supplied with the Mini 2 controller with mine.  Happy flying!

2020-12-10
Use props
WinvOver
lvl.1

United States

I went ahead and picked up a new iPad Mini 5 today.
2020-12-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there WingOver. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. DJI would recommend for you to use a recommended mobile device when using your DJI Mini 2 for compatibility and for reliability on both the said DJI Drone and on the DJI Fly application. For reference I will post a link where in you can find the recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ) . Thank you and fly safe always.

2020-12-10
Use props
Alevpi
First Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Netherlands

There is too much difference in performance between the iPad Mini 4 and 5 to buy an iPad Mini 4, but unlike the Mavic Mini, you can't install any tablet in the Mini 2 without special holders, thanks to DJI for this degradation!
2020-12-10
Use props
WinvOver
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-10 20:27
Hello there WingOver. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. DJI would recommend for you to use a recommended mobile device when using your DJI Mini 2 for compatibility and for reliability on both the said DJI Drone and on the DJI Fly application. For reference I will post a link where in you can find the recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ) . Thank you and fly safe always.

[view_image]

Unfortunately, you can't buy a new iPad Mini 4 anywhere I can find.  I had to get a mini 5.

Are they testing the Mini 5 for certification?
2020-12-11
Use props
paroina
First Officer
Flight distance : 3279160 ft
United States

I use an iPad Mini 2. It is from 2013. It works fine. But, you have to take any hardware with a grain of salt. Becareful when you read the words 'required', 'recommended', and 'compatible'. They all mean different things in context. DJI recommends hardware. It is not required hardware. They require iOS 11.0 and above. Even though the iPad Mini 2 is not on their recommended list, the iPhone 12's are not either and they are the newest phones and work fine.
2020-12-11
Use props
DaMa
Captain
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

WingOver Posted at 12-10 14:30
I will have to get a mount bracket and a longer cable.  I know that for sure.

You do not need longer cable for iPad Mini.
2020-12-11
Use props
PickleballJeff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54997 ft
United Kingdom

paroina Posted at 2020-12-11 10:06
I use an iPad Mini 2. It is from 2013. It works fine. But, you have to take any hardware with a grain of salt. Becareful when you read the words 'required', 'recommended', and 'compatible'. They all mean different things in context. DJI recommends hardware. It is not required hardware. They require iOS 11.0 and above. Even though the iPad Mini 2 is not on their recommended list, the iPhone 12's are not either and they are the newest phones and work fine.

I use the iPad mini2 32G as well but get the following warning on my screen: CPU of mobile device is fully loaded, how did you Abbasid this?
A9B2DC16-EDF7-480B-A039-5C76944EE5B1.jpeg
2021-7-27
Use props
PickleballJeff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54997 ft
United Kingdom

videoeditman Posted at 2020-12-10 13:25

This is all you need
image.jpg
2021-7-27
Use props
PAROINA
First Officer
Flight distance : 3279160 ft
United States

PickleballJeff Posted at 7-27 11:17
I use the iPad mini2 32G as well but get the following warning on my screen: CPU of mobile device is fully loaded, how did you Abbasid this?

I made that comment back in Dec when the iOS DJI Fly version was different. Today, the newest iOS DJI Fly version gives me the same error. Just tap on it and it goes away. But, beware that you may have lagging or cutout issues with the app now. Unfortunately, the newer iOS DJI Fly version needs more horsepower than the iPad Mini 2 can handle now. I also have an iPhone 6s+ that used to run fine on the older iOS DJI Fly version and it gives the same message. The newer iOS devices that have more horsepower under the hood don't have that message.
2021-7-27
Use props
Donut Michigan
First Officer
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

I’m using an iPad Air and is bigger than the mini  I love it.
2021-7-28
Use props
Bob Logan
New

United States

does the iPad have to have a internet connection?
1-7 12:37
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Bob Logan Posted at 1-7 12:37
does the iPad have to have a internet connection?

Hello there. Not every time. You only need the internet when logging in, downloading maps, or upgrading firmware and the Flysafe database. Have a great day.
1-7 23:47
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules