Balancing a nikon D850 with 24-70mm lens
943 5 2020-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cheekytinker
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Does anyone else struggle to balance a Nikon D850 with a 24-70mm VR lens?  It says it's compatible but for the life of me it's a challenge to get it to balanced correctly without rubbing the top of the eye piece of camera with the roll axis.  

My settings are;
Tilt Axis - 0.5ish
Lower quick release plate - 3.2ish
Roll Axis - 0 (with the roll arm around a 3rd of the way from outside)
Pan Axis -  0.2

Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance.
2020-12-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, thank you for reaching out with us.
It would be helpful if you can upload any photo/video according to the issue you mentioned? We will also ask our engineer to analyze any potential factors that might cause the issues.

Thanks in advanced.
2020-12-11
Use props
cheekytinker
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I've attached an image. I can't upload a video for some reason? Basically you will see from the image when I use the tilt aspect on the gimbal the camera eye piece hits the roll mechanism so has to be forced past it.

Thanks
2020-12-12
Use props
djiuser_ZMeKF2BLLDDY
New

United Kingdom

I’m having exactly the same issue?

It will balance every way perfectly except upright pan as it hits the gimbal frame?
2021-5-13
Use props
cheekytinker
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_ZMeKF2BLLDDY Posted at 5-13 22:24
I’m having exactly the same issue?

It will balance every way perfectly except upright pan as it hits the gimbal frame?

I realised shortly after this that I was using the newer lens - with VR.  The lens they say it can be used with is the older model and 70g lighter hence not being able to balance.  I ended up having to buy a new lens which worked perfectly.  A costly and time wasting error unfortunately.
2021-5-14
Use props
djiuser_ZMeKF2BLLDDY
New

United Kingdom

Thanks that makes sense, I have been losing my mind.
2021-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules