DJI Mini 2 Crash and repair experience. (From UK)
3611 11 2020-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DukeofDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12885007 ft
United Kingdom

Unfortunately I crashed my new mini 2 after I think 2 weeks of buying it. (Thankfully I have DJI refresh)

I am hoping it will be repaired under warranty. The aircraft didn’t behaved as expected and I have sent all the Logs and Video to DJI for investigation.

Just wanted to create a timeline for the Repair. refresh experience.

Crashed on 06/12/2020 (my heart sank when it happened. I was embarrassed for good 24 hours. I was so in love with flying DJI MINI 2 and seeing it damaged hurt me. I am a bit OCD when it comes to my things )

Logged a case for Repair/ refresh on 07/12/2020

UPS sent me emails to post the drone 08/12/2020. They sent the box but I packed and posted it in a box the same day to speed up. I want it repaired/ refresh before Christmas (as its holidays so it will be nice to have it back before Christmas)

DJI received it on 10/12/2020 . Confirmed it with them over chat.

So far there is no further progress......  the wait continues.

Here I would like to add that DJI staff so far have been amazing. (same level of service as amazon or apple I must say)

I am glad that I have refresh. My advice is if you are new drone pilot have refresh its a peace of mind.
Lets hope its repaired under warranty and not under refresh. Also i hope if they do refresh its a new drone and now the refurbished one as i am a bit OCD.

everyday without my drone is a bit sad as I was loving the experience. hope to be reunited soon.

Will do a video on whole refresh/ repair experience and how it happened.

2020-12-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi DukeofDrones, I am sorry to hear about the accident. I managed to get your case number by your forum account, the package has been checked in to the system, data analysis is now processing. I will ask the corresponding team to speed up the process, once there is an update on the data analysis result, we will send it to you via email. Please wait patiently.
We appreciate your support of our service as well, we hope your case will be solved soon.
2020-12-11
Use props
DukeofDrones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 12-11 18:48
Hi DukeofDrones, I am sorry to hear about the accident. I managed to get your case number by your forum account, the package has been checked in to the system, data analysis is now processing. I will ask the corresponding team to speed up the process, once there is an update on the data analysis result, we will send it to you via email. Please wait patiently.
We appreciate your support of our service as well, we hope your case will be solved soon.

Hi Susan,

Good afternoon.

Thanks for your response.I hope that I have some response over the next 4 or 5 days. I would hate to be without my drone over the Christmas holiday period.

Thanks for putting the urgency on my request and your prompt service.

I wait anxiously for response on my case.

Kind regards
HM
2020-12-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DukeofDrones Posted at 12-12 05:25
Hi Susan,

Good afternoon.
Your request has been forwarded to the corresponding team, our team will take care of your case and keep you updated. Thanks.
2020-12-12
Use props
DukeofDrones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Current status. Hopefully I will have some response today or tomorrow. (thanks Susan for your help with this)

I am still hopefully for the turnaround before Christmas holidays.  (with Brexit/ Covid UK ports are also having delays so I wonder if that will have an impact as DJI repairs is in Netherlands )

Fingers crossed.

2020-12-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DukeofDrones Posted at 12-14 02:38
Current status. Hopefully I will have some response today or tomorrow. (thanks Susan for your help with this)

I am still hopefully for the turnaround before Christmas holidays.  (with Brexit/ Covid UK ports are also having delays so I wonder if that will have an impact as DJI repairs is in Netherlands )

You're welcome, the quotation will be sent to your email soon after the damage assessment. Hope everything goes smoothly.
2020-12-14
Use props
DukeofDrones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

HI Susan,

Good Morning.

Thanks for your prompt response. I have received the report and I have reluctantly accepted it and made the payment due to the time constraints here.(Holiday season and I would like to have the drone over holiday period )
Kindly can you please confirm that it will be a new drone and not refurbished one  please.. I only had the product for 2 weeks before crash and my drone was in new condition before crash.
It would be really good if you can kindly please let the team know to ship me a new drone and not the refurbished product as that will take the shine off the whole experience .

Once again thank you for your prompt service. You have been excellent in updating me.

Kind regards.
HM
2020-12-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DukeofDrones Posted at 12-15 01:22
HI Susan,

Good Morning.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused, I had checked the case, as per the data analysis, the drone was in Sport mode, then the pilot moved the pitch stick forward and the aircraft crashed with the obstacle when it was flying forward. Please note that the braking distance of the aircraft increased significantly in S-mode. Please fly with caution.  If there is any further question about the data analysis, please feel free to let me know.

I noticed that you had paid the DJI Care Refresh replacement fee, rest assured, the replacement units are brand-new products or equivalent to brand-new products in performance and reliability.
I will ask the team to ship the unit back to you as soon as possible. If there is anything else I can help with, please feel free to let me know, I will do my best to help.
2020-12-16
Use props
DukeofDrones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Susan,

Good morning.

Thanks for your quick response. I am looking forward to receiving the replacement.

Kindly can you please see that the aircraft changed its "height or Altitude"  what I am contesting is that it should have flown through the goal post but instead it changed its height without any input from me.

The crash resulted from changing of the height or altitude without any input.

You can see in the video I linked that the height automatically changes last few seconds resulting in the crash. I had full line of sight to the craft and had it not changed height for some reason (without any input from me it would be all fine)

I think they might have missed the point about change in altitude. as that is what caused the crash. is it possible for them to review their decision based on this additional information  ?
Hope that makes sense. It was my first drone and I have been extra careful flying it. (I had some IMU issues with the craft which I reported on this form . Could it be to do with that ?  I dont know)

Once again I am very thankful for your help and support.

Looking forward to having my replacement before Christmas hopefully.

Kind regards.
HM

2020-12-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DukeofDrones Posted at 12-16 01:18
Hi Susan,

Good morning.

As per check, your case has been finished and shipped out, hope you will receive it soon. As for your doubts, I'll help to forward it to the corresponding team.
2020-12-17
Use props
1carus
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Anu update on when/if your received your repaired or replaced drone? It is 3 weeks since you sent in your drone.
2020-12-29
Use props
DukeofDrones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

1carus Posted at 2020-12-29 08:14
Anu update on when/if your received your repaired or replaced drone? It is 3 weeks since you sent in your drone.

Yes I received the replacement within 10 days of sending the drone.

It arrived before Christmas.

Totally new replacement
Have been flying it since. No issues so far

https://youtu.be/NsqMHq9s4GA
2021-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules