10756 21 2020-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flyingrom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 961919 ft
Canada

Hey guys,

I used to own the Ronin SC and it did not have a very good compatibility with the XT4... Non of the smart things through the app used to work... ie: timelapse and those...  I think it has to do with the photo trigger not working through the gimbal.

I sold it when the new one came out. And hoping to hear if anyone is using that pair and their thoughts... looking at buying a gimbal again.

Thanks!
2020-12-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, you can check our compatibility page on the RSC 2 when using with Fujifilm XT-4: https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility/rsc-2/xt4

Thanks
2020-12-16
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hi flyingrom:

I can tell you that the RS 2/RavenEye works with a FujiFilm X-T3.  But do not expect to be able to change ISO, shutter speed or aperture with the Ronin smartphone application as this is not available in the FujiFilm SDK. The only issue that I had with my start-up of the Ronin RS 2/RavenEye and the X-T3 was that I needed to make sure that the HDMI output from the X-T3 was set 1080P.   The only cables you will need are included with the combination packages.

I suspect the X-T4 will function similarly to an X-T3 as they are essentially the same camera and the Ronin RS 2 and RSC 2 are essentially the same gimbal with the exception of capacity, touch screen, folding design, and removable battery.

Hope this helps.

Don Barar
2020-12-16
Use props
lorado
New
Germany

I am currently having RSC2 with XT-4. As DGBarar said - connection works without a problem, image transmission works. Don't forget to change the HDMI Output to 1080p
Camera Settings like ISO or Shutterspeed are not changeable over Ronin App/Front Dial. On the compatibility page all the features are listed as supported, but it is not so.
All of my firmwares are up to date... It is a little bit frustration, that this is not working...
I never tried stuff like Timelaps over gimbal, wanna try it this week

One Issue I am not happy about - if I use a manual focus, the front dial ring is changing focus incredibly fast... Even after I changed the "speed" of front dial to 5 (the minimum value), the focus is changing too fast =( On Ronin SC Pro Combo I hadn't that problem =\
2020-12-17
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

lorado Posted at 12-17 15:22
I am currently having RSC2 with XT-4. As DGBarar said - connection works without a problem, image transmission works. Don't forget to change the HDMI Output to 1080p
Camera Settings like ISO or Shutterspeed are not changeable over Ronin App/Front Dial. On the compatibility page all the features are listed as supported, but it is not so.
All of my firmwares are up to date... It is a little bit frustration, that this is not working...

Hi lorado:

Have you attempted time lapse yet?  I attempted, but could not get the camera to take an exposure from the time lapse.  In fact, I tried just taking a simple exposure from the Ronin app and was unable to get this work.

Don
2020-12-20
Use props
flyingrom
lvl.2
Canada

lorado Posted at 12-17 15:22
Camera Settings like ISO or Shutterspeed are not changeable over Ronin App/Front Dial. On the compatibility page all the features are listed as supported, but it is not so.

Thank! I bought the gimbal and got it today.. after a couple  times I got it to work properly (I never get right first time which device you need to power on first.....). Timelapse works (which did not work before in my Ronin SC), the only thing is that I agree that focus speed does not seem to change when you set settings in the gimbal... and it is definitely too fast! I will be using it in the next days and report. Thanks guys for your answers!  
2020-12-21
Use props
karol.m
lvl.1
Switzerland

flyingrom Posted at 2020-12-21 20:19
Thank! I bought the gimbal and got it today.. after a couple  times I got it to work properly (I never get right first time which device you need to power on first.....). Timelapse works (which did not work before in my Ronin SC), the only thing is that I agree that focus speed does not seem to change when you set settings in the gimbal... and it is definitely too fast! I will be using it in the next days and report. Thanks guys for your answers!

Hi there!

By everything works you mean that you can change shutter speed etc from the Gimbal?
Any test results to share?

Mine is coming day after tomorrow and I was told that it is pretty much only Gimbal that can work with xt4 but looking at the comnents above I feel a bit frustrated already...
2021-1-17
Use props
flyingrom
lvl.2
Canada

karol.m Posted at 1-17 14:28
Hi there!

By everything works you mean that you can change shutter speed etc from the Gimbal?

Hey Karol,

It works great! Although I do not seem to be able to change the shutter speed, only focus and the focus speed does not really change how it performs. Which I found too fast... I also have not really been able to use the focus motor with manual lenses, seems the motor pulls too hard when the ring has come to a stop and comes out of the guide.... happy to discuss any specifics when you get it!
2021-1-18
Use props
chainsawproductions1.mac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 297759 ft
  • >>>
United States

DGBarar Posted at 2020-12-16 17:24
Hi flyingrom:

I can tell you that the RS 2/RavenEye works with a FujiFilm X-T3.  But do not expect to be able to change ISO, shutter speed or aperture with the Ronin smartphone application as this is not available in the FujiFilm SDK. The only issue that I had with my start-up of the Ronin RS 2/RavenEye and the X-T3 was that I needed to make sure that the HDMI output from the X-T3 was set 1080P.   The only cables you will need are included with the combination packages.

Amy luck with Fuji xT4 and Ronin S2? I have the same problems. Shutter speed, aperture and f stop do not work with the app still. I am missing something?
2021-2-1
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

chainsawproductions1.mac Posted at 2-1 07:14
Amy luck with Fuji xT4 and Ronin S2? I have the same problems. Shutter speed, aperture and f stop do not work with the app still. I am missing something?

Hi ChainSaw:

I have an X-T3 and an RS 2.  I also am unable to change shutter speed, aperture and iso from the app.  I believe this to be related to FujiFilm SDK not having the ability to allow for external changing of these parameters by USB.

Don Barar
2021-2-1
Use props
aperturetrail
New

India

Hi Guys, this is helpful. Just for the RSC 2 for my XT4. I am connecting USB C to USB C cable to the RSS Camera control. My XT4 display keeps flickering showing USB sign. Which cable are you using to connect the gimbal to camera? What am i doing wrong here? Sorry! First experience with Gimbal.
2021-2-10
Use props
djiuser_936pbMJJNeiO
lvl.2
Estonia

Hi everyone,
I have an xt3 with the ronin rsc2, I connect to connect the camera and the gimbal with the RSS port (the gimbal recognizes the camera), when I record video the red button on the gimbal works, but if I switch off the camera, set up with photo mode and turning on again I am not able to take the photo. I try different lens but is not work, I have the latest firmware for both devices.
do you have put some special setting on the camera?
2021-2-13
Use props
Ricky Banga
lvl.1

Australia

aperturetrail Posted at 2-10 22:11
Hi Guys, this is helpful. Just for the RSC 2 for my XT4. I am connecting USB C to USB C cable to the RSS Camera control. My XT4 display keeps flickering showing USB sign. Which cable are you using to connect the gimbal to camera? What am i doing wrong here? Sorry! First experience with Gimbal.

Hello there , did you solve the problem ? I am having the same problem , the screen keep on flickering on my xt4 and don't know about how to fix it .
2021-3-22
Use props
djiuser_N2pzxrbgY5ok
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181575 ft
Sri Lanka

Ricky Banga Posted at 3-22 23:52
Hello there , did you solve the problem ? I am having the same problem , the screen keep on flickering on my xt4 and don't know about how to fix it .

Same thing happens with the Fuji XS10. Screen goes black, says usb, power up,  again black.
Any fix?
2021-3-23
Use props
djiuser_H8rVcerxPnbm
New

Switzerland

Hi Everyone,  I was able to resolve the screen flickering issue of my XT4 connected to the RSC 2.  You have to go to your menu, in the settings part you have to change the USB setting. My camera is in Dutch so I hope you will get the translation of the menu. Go to the little wrenge, chose connection settings, connection mode and then pick automatic tether something.   This fixed all the issues.
2021-5-21
Use props
Fromanza
New

South Africa

Hi All,

I have the Fuji XT3 & RSC2, both latest firmware as of this message, connected with USBC cable. Tested with 16mm 1.4 lens so far.
I found a hack to get the pull focus using the front wheel working a bit better, still not great but it leads me to believe that its partly the DJI implementation of the Fuji SDK as to why these functions are not working.

On the gimbal, set the front wheel to "Focus/Zoom" set both the variables to 0. If you dont and try to use the front wheel then the focus runs away either on or out at super speed and it seems to pull focus even when the wheel stops moving, like a delay...

The trick I found is that if you go into the app, connect to the gimbal, turn on camera and then navigate to "create"-"camera settings" and then click on focus speed. Set this to 1. Note that on the gimbal you can only set this in increments of 5. (if the camera is off then you wont have the "camera settings" option.

If you go back to the gimbal then youll see that the focus speed is infact 1 and that the focus pull on the front wheel is actually usable to some degree. On the 16mm its very  'floaty' at larger focal distances but its WAAAY better than the on-gimbal setting of 0 or 5. Ill try the 18-55; 23 & 50-140 later.

This is the only function that I can get to work ther than start/stop video. No photo taking, aperture works in still mode buts kinda useless if you cant take pics, no shutter speed either.
2021-6-11
Use props
Przemysław Wiktorczyk
lvl.1
Poland

Hi Guys
I have xt4 and RSC2. I have problem with view transmition using raveneye. In theory raveneye is connected properly, because I'm able to camera using phone, but I don't have view. I connected camera and raveneye by hdmi, set hdmi output as 1080 and in settings auto usb thetering. Could you advice me, what I can check more?
2021-10-26
Use props
fans334f917b
lvl.2
Argentina

Fromanza Posted at 2021-6-11 01:05
Hi All,

I have the Fuji XT3 & RSC2, both latest firmware as of this message, connected with USBC cable. Tested with 16mm 1.4 lens so far.

Man you're just a genius!! I've been trying a workaround for this very cumbersome issue and was not able to set it to 1, and this was a life saver. Thank you very much!! I would still like to see DJI fixing that thing on the focus still moving even when I'm not moving the wheel, that's really a pain in the ass
2022-2-17
Use props
In 12 Parsecs
lvl.2
Canada

flyingrom Posted at 2020-12-21 20:19
Thank! I bought the gimbal and got it today.. after a couple  times I got it to work properly (I never get right first time which device you need to power on first.....). Timelapse works (which did not work before in my Ronin SC), the only thing is that I agree that focus speed does not seem to change when you set settings in the gimbal... and it is definitely too fast! I will be using it in the next days and report. Thanks guys for your answers!

Hey Flyingrom,
So you got the timelapse to work!? Do you use just the USB-C to USB-C cable or do you also have the fuji cable as well?
2022-3-15
Use props
Illumitorious
New

United States

djiuser_H8rVcerxPnbm Posted at 2021-5-21 23:42
Hi Everyone,  I was able to resolve the screen flickering issue of my XT4 connected to the RSC 2.  You have to go to your menu, in the settings part you have to change the USB setting. My camera is in Dutch so I hope you will get the translation of the menu. Go to the little wrenge, chose connection settings, connection mode and then pick automatic tether something.   This fixed all the issues.

You are the most incredible person on the planet!
2022-4-17
Use props
benedikt10
New
Germany

Hi guys,
I use a Fujifilm X-T4 with a RSC2 gimbal and can recommend the combination as you can fold the gimbal very small - ideal for traveling. The only quirk the RSC2 has is that it sometimes turns upside down if you pan it extremely fast, but that shouldn't happen in normal use. I can recommend a Manfrotto Gimboom monopod to go with it. With the Monopod you can make more beautiful shots. See as an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOYpHIBFG10
2022-4-20
Use props
djiuser_ZvN6jxsVU2mE
New

United Kingdom

Przemysław Wiktorczyk Posted at 2021-10-26 21:54
Hi Guys
I have xt4 and RSC2. I have problem with view transmition using raveneye. In theory raveneye is connected properly, because I'm able to camera using phone, but I don't have view. I connected camera and raveneye by hdmi, set hdmi output as 1080 and in settings auto usb thetering. Could you advice me, what I can check more?

Hi, Did you manage to solve it? I got the same problem.
2022-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules