Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Using iPad mini 3 on P3 and connecting pad to phone using bluetooth
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
asmallbone
lvl.3

United States

Hi all,

I just ordered a P3 pro. I want to use an iPad2 mini or iPad3 mini with it for the video feed. I use an android phone, but I want the iPad for other reasons. Has anyone connected the iPad to the internet through the phone using bluetooth while connecting to the P3 via the DJI app? Is this possible, since I do not have the iPad yet or the P3 kind of hard to test, but I know I get the internet to the iPad via bluetooth.

Are the flight logs and the flight video recorded on the iPad locally? Can they be uploaded to a computer? Or are they uploaded to some server of DJI? In other words I would like to review the flight video including the telemetry while still recording the original video on the SD card on the P3. I assume that the video transmitted to the iPad is different than what is recorded to onboard SD card on the P3?

If you are shooting still frames to you still get a video feed on the tablet and then when you press the shutter button the frame is recorded on the SD card? Or do you only see the still on the iPad? I also assume that the still cans be in DNG format?

My main interest is photography, I am new to the P3 but have been flying a dji Flamewheel 450 and 550.

Thanks,
Alan

2015-6-30
Use props
sdharris
lvl.4
Flight distance : 384967 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

I'm not entirely sure about a bluetooth android hotspot but I use my iPad Mini 2 to iPhone 6 over bluetooth for internet access and it works fine. If you used Wifi it would interfere with the controller and video feed.

Logs are uploaded to the DJI cloud, but equally you can export the logs and upload them to a couple of different sites to analyze. I quite like the replay on the iPad though.

The still image is written to the SD card which you can transfer to the iPad using the play button provided you stick to jpgs.

You can use DNG but DNGs cannot be transferred over Lightbridge.
2015-6-30
Use props
asmallbone
lvl.3

United States

sdharris Posted at 2015-7-1 00:17
Hi,

I'm not entirely sure about a bluetooth android hotspot but I use my iPad Mini 2 to iPhone 6 o ...

Ok if you are flying your P3 and you are not connected to the internet, are the flight logs and flight video still recorded on the tablet? If it will not record it on the tablet that seems kind of silly to me, because often there will be no internet access where I want to shoot. I sure hope the flight logs and flight video are recorded locally......

Thanks for the response
2015-6-30
Use props
sdharris
lvl.4
Flight distance : 384967 ft
United Kingdom

asmallbone@eart Posted at 2015-7-1 00:21
Ok if you are flying your P3 and you are not connected to the internet, are the flight logs and fl ...

Flight log is saved to your iPad and can be uploaded/sync'd to the cloud from your user center.

If you enabled video cache on your Pilot App you get a 720pish video saved live to your iPad.

Of course video and stills are stored on the SD card in the phantom so you can either use the Play button to move them to your iPad or you can download them to your computer.

You don't need to be connected to the internet to fly it, it just helps with the map in the pilot app.
2015-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules