How to get SPHEREs to Google streetview?
7456 16 2020-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ebnater
lvl.1
Flight distance : 91542 ft
Germany

I have taken some quite nice spheres and want to bring some of them to Google streetview, but I found no explanation how to do it. Can anyone help please?
2020-12-14
Use props
Denndb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914688 ft
Croatia

Hi, I have the same question too, so it seems that spheres made by Mini 2 are only presentable using DJI Fly app but I can't find the way to see them on my phone because on the phone it looks as only one big stiched image and nothing more...
2020-12-14
Use props
ebnater
lvl.1
Flight distance : 91542 ft
Germany

Denndb Posted at 12-14 04:55
Hi, I have the same question too, so it seems that spheres made by Mini 2 are only presentable using DJI Fly app but I can't find the way to see them on my phone because on the phone it looks as only one big stiched image and nothing more...

Tip on the picture and it will zoom in and by swiping you can navigate and zoom in the picture. This works.
2020-12-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

http://www.tricks-and-tips.nl/ph ... with-a-dji-panorama
2020-12-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

This is how I do it!
2020-12-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ebnater. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have give. In addition to this post I will post a DJI Forum link on how to export Sphere photo from your DJI drone ( https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D1 ). Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-12-14
Use props
djiuser_267jcyL97zif
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15738737 ft
Bulgaria

DJI Stephen, the thread you link is about Mavic Air 2.

As owner of both drones, I can say that:
1) Spheres from the Mavic Air 2, are recognized in all kind of editors and social media as 360 photos, so you just upload them and they work.
2) Spheres from DJi Mini 2, are not recognized by any app, and they are visible as 2D stretched images. This can be fixed if Exif Metadata is fixed using third-party tool. This is also the reason there are multiple threads over and over again on this topic.

I am really sad to see that a moderator does not know this and points to unrelated forum threads, and I hope your engineers fix the missing Metadata soon since it is practically 1 line.
2020-12-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I upload them via the Google Streetview app,   it does all the work all I do is select the 360 jpg and it does the rest.
2020-12-15
Use props
DaveDarlington
New

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2020-12-15 00:57
I upload them via the Google Streetview app,   it does all the work all I do is select the 360 jpg and it does the rest.

I agree with "DAFlys",  - its simple -
1) use the DJI app "DJI Fly", to stitch and export the photo to your phone's photos, as you would any other photo you wanted to save. You will now have the saves weird looking photo.
2) open Google Streetview app and click on the white icon of a camera with an orange circular background. This is the icon to take a photo or import a photo.
3) Import your photo and publish it.
Easy as 1, 2, 3
Dave

ps, please tell others - i have now read so many times that this is complicated and requires several editing apps to sort. stitching and altering perspective. ps. my drone is a DJI mini 2.one i uploaded to Google
2021-1-1
Use props
DaveDarlington
New

United Kingdom

My Photo Sphere at 19m above home
2021-1-1
Use props
DroneAge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55108 ft
Australia

Just be careful of size as Google does not permit any larger files than 75MB.
2021-1-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DaveDarlington Posted at 1-1 13:17
1) use the DJI app "DJI Fly", to stitch and export the photo to your phone's photos, as you would any other photo you wanted to save. You will now have the saves weird looking photo.
2) open Google Streetview app and click on the white icon of a camera with an orange circular background. This is the icon to take a photo or import a photo.

thanks DaveDarlington.  
2021-1-2
Use props
fans244ae367
lvl.2
Flight distance : 234108 ft
Canada

DaveDarlington Posted at 1-1 13:17
2) open Google Streetview app and click on the white icon of a camera with an orange circular background. This is the icon to take a photo or import a photo.

I've tried this. Over and over, with different images. Please help!
Streetview just constantly says "Unable to import one photo(s). The image's aspect ratio should be 2:1"
I'm using a Mini 2, MacBook Pro, and an iphone... and the last of my patience! I can't believe how hard it is to deal with sphere photos from what is supposed to be a consumer drone!
2021-1-31
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United Kingdom

The easiest way is to watch videos on YouTube as there is plenty.
2021-1-31
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United Kingdom

fans244ae367 Posted at 1-31 06:24
I've tried this. Over and over, with different images. Please help!
Streetview just constantly says "Unable to import one photo(s). The image's aspect ratio should be 2:1"
I'm using a Mini 2, MacBook Pro, and an iphone... and the last of my patience! I can't believe how hard it is to deal with sphere photos from what is supposed to be a consumer drone!

Are you uploading the image created by the Fly app as I had no problem once I had selected the location?
2021-1-31
Use props
fans244ae367
lvl.2
Flight distance : 234108 ft
Canada

The Rev Posted at 1-31 07:36
Are you uploading the image created by the Fly app as I had no problem once I had selected the location?

UPDATE: Yes I found out that putting the card back in the drone, using the fly app to transfer the image to iPhone, then uploading to the street view app from there works.
HOWEVER, the image quality isn't great, and I've not had chance to try it with DNGs yet, so I'm not sure this is the most ideal method.
2021-2-1
Use props
Jmac1972
New
Flight distance : 506617 ft
Australia

Does this not work anymore?
2023-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules