12Next >
3294 59 2020-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Consumers' minds want to Know, some say its an issue FW 1.10
Turn camera on Battery Indicator shows up then simply not present as a number percentage. We all want to continue to see that 58%, not a battery!

Recording 15 minutes person says 15% decrease. Explain to us why the fast drop?

downgrade if unhappy

ddd.jpg
2020-12-14
Use props
CyclingTwoVlogger
lvl.3
Israel

That's was a huge mistake to update my OA. on 2.7K 60fps there is 35% drain for 15min.
2020-12-14
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this matter. I will forward this thread and concern to our designated DJI support team for further attention. Again I am sorry for the trouble. Thank you.
2020-12-14
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 12-14 11:24
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this matter. I will forward this thread and concern to our designated DJI support team for further attention. Again I am sorry for the trouble. Thank you.

You’ve been here long enough do you expect anything less lol
2020-12-14
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

the issues are now latency on the back screen go figure. I expect more issues to pop in.
2020-12-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Fishycomics. Thanks for reaching out and sorry to read about the issues you're experiencing. Allow us to forward this to our engineers and have this checked. Should there be any update, we'll have you posted. We ask for your further patience while waiting. Thank you!
2020-12-14
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Austria

By any chance, did DJI introduce a "never" value for auto shut-down function?
Finger crossed
2020-12-15
Use props
BoozaWooza
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Should I not update to avoid the battery drain on latest update?
2020-12-15
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

BoozaWooza Posted at 12-15 02:35
Should I not update to avoid the battery drain on latest update?

All you  I am sure others will want the udate.
2020-12-15
Use props
CyclingTwoVlogger
lvl.3
Israel

BoozaWooza Posted at 12-15 02:35
Should I not update to avoid the battery drain on latest update?

Yes!!!! Wait with this update.
2020-12-15
Use props
CyclingTwoVlogger
lvl.3
Israel

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-14 23:36
Hi, Fishycomics. Thanks for reaching out and sorry to read about the issues you're experiencing. Allow us to forward this to our engineers and have this checked. Should there be any update, we'll have you posted. We ask for your further patience while waiting. Thank you!

Any chance to roll back to prev firmware? By now the OA is useless with this battery drain!!!!!!
2020-12-15
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

it's becoming a real troubled camera when the DELAY is now on the backscreen  
2020-12-15
Use props
BoozaWooza
lvl.4
United Kingdom

What a disaster this is
2020-12-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Fishycomics. We have confirmed that the Battery percentage will only be available if the battery is fully charged or lower than 30%. Going back to the battery drain, we'd like to ask for a screenshot or photo of your current firmware version. Thanks and kindly keep us updated.
2020-12-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

CyclingTwoVlogger Posted at 12-15 06:43
Any chance to roll back to prev firmware? By now the OA is useless with this battery drain!!!!!!

Hi, CyclingTwoVlogger. Sorry to read about the inconvenience it has caused. Could you show us a screenshot or photo of your Osmo Action's current firmware version? Thank you!
2020-12-16
Use props
CyclingTwoVlogger
lvl.3
Israel

I prefer to roll back to the previous firmware because the current one is useless. Before the update, OA had good battery life.
2020-12-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

ROLL back for me to Earlier version as this is unacceptable

2020-12-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-16 01:20
Hi, CyclingTwoVlogger. Sorry to read about the inconvenience it has caused. Could you show us a screenshot or photo of your Osmo Action's current firmware version? Thank you!

I am as well with wanting and requesting a Rollback  I posted my photo
2020-12-16
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hopefully they just release a updated 1.10 with these issues fixed.
2020-12-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I chatted to support this AM. This was their answer:  Please provide a video and firmware, we will "pass " it to the Engineers team and get back to you.  that means we all will have to wait for the Engineer to take one word for it, if anyone gets a "Downgrade: I like to get my camera to FW1.09 or FW 1.08.  DJI does not want  you to be  worried and rest assured,  they want you to have a working camera, and listening was all tehy did.
2020-12-16
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 12-15 03:34
All you  I am sure others will want the udate.

Huh?  Use full sentences please.  Nouns, verbs, proper spelling.
2020-12-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

WebParrot Posted at 12-16 21:06
Huh?  Use full sentences please.  Nouns, verbs, proper spelling.

Decide for yourself, about the update Mate?
2020-12-17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

2020-12-21
Use props
CyclingTwoVlogger
lvl.3
Israel

Fishycomics Posted at 12-21 09:04
https://youtu.be/vcyVMUTcBwk

Great!!!!!!! Thank you !!!!!
Sad that DJI doesn't explain this.
2020-12-21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

CyclingTwoVlogger Posted at 12-21 10:23
Great!!!!!!! Thank you !!!!!
Sad that DJI doesn't explain this.

did you have trouble, I am making a simpler video glad it helped out!!!

2020-12-21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

put in the easy Downgrade  here it is
2020-12-21
Use props
BoozaWooza
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Which firmware version do you think was best??
2020-12-21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Many wanted to Rollback to FW1.5 or FW 1.6/ I had issues at FW 1.9 FW 1.8 was better for me.  
2020-12-21
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Unfortunately I have to stay on the new firmware as it fixes my personal biggest problem with the Action,  the auto exposure. The new firmware is incredibly smooth and consistent. All the previous firmwares had sudden jumps under certain conditions which was a big issue for me (they would have huge shutter speed jumps, sometimes causing as much as a full stop difference in the exposure).

It is sad this one came with a lot of bugs though...

By the way, has anyone ran the battery fully down with the new firmware? I have a suspicion that the battery "drain" issue might be more of  a battery "reporting" one. I did one long-ish run at 4k60 and the drain seemed to slow down around %50.  I am not sure though, as I was very busy with other things at the time.
2020-12-21
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

CemAygun Posted at 12-21 16:13
Unfortunately I have to stay on the new firmware as it fixes my personal biggest problem with the Action,  the auto exposure. The new firmware is incredibly smooth and consistent. All the previous firmwares had sudden jumps under certain conditions which was a big issue for me (they would have huge shutter speed jumps, sometimes causing as much as a full stop difference in the exposure).

It is sad this one came with a lot of bugs though...

updating mine now.
not concerned with battery issue as I use mine connected to external power anyways on a Kayak.
Just did one cam and it worked fine, no issues at all and I did not have any greyed out menu items and I did not have to
do a factory reset.
firmware seems fine to me.
2020-12-22
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI  now Pm'd me the downgrade after I have posted the outcome, We the Consumer simply like a few items addressed and we are more than happy to wait for fir it in a timely manner.   this is not hard to do I guess.
2020-12-22
Use props
CyclingTwoVlogger
lvl.3
Israel

Fishycomics Posted at 12-22 11:46
DJI  now Pm'd me the downgrade after I have posted the outcome, We the Consumer simply like a few items addressed and we are more than happy to wait for fir it in a timely manner.   this is not hard to do I guess.

So is it a new firmware in near future?
Why the downgrade procedure is so secret? At least now we know how to do this.
2020-12-22
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

No one knows when the next firmware will come out.  and what it was made out to  be holding back a simple request (smiles)   worst thing that can happen is you made a Customer!
2020-12-22
Use props
Chris_rebon
lvl.1

Germany

CemAygun Posted at 12-21 16:13
Unfortunately I have to stay on the new firmware as it fixes my personal biggest problem with the Action,  the auto exposure. The new firmware is incredibly smooth and consistent. All the previous firmwares had sudden jumps under certain conditions which was a big issue for me (they would have huge shutter speed jumps, sometimes causing as much as a full stop difference in the exposure).

It is sad this one came with a lot of bugs though...

Just tried out the battery life. At 4k30fps with rs on I got a recording time of 1h25min. It seemed to go down pretty steady throughout, speeding up past halfway if anything.
2020-12-25
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Thank you for that info.  that is a good amount of recording for 4K on one bat.
2020-12-25
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Italy

Chris_rebon Posted at 12-25 03:09
Just tried out the battery life. At 4k30fps with rs on I got a recording time of 1h25min. It seemed to go down pretty steady throughout, speeding up past halfway if anything.

Thanks for the info.
How does it compare with the previous firmware?
I mean, regarding battery life.
Thanks
2020-12-25
Use props
Chris_rebon
lvl.1

Germany

Seems about the same, I haven't really payed too much attention to that previously though. The official marketing claims of DJI was 91min at 4k30fps if I recall correctly....
2020-12-26
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Italy

Chris_rebon Posted at 12-26 04:00
Seems about the same, I haven't really payed too much attention to that previously though. The official marketing claims of DJI was 91min at 4k30fps if I recall correctly....

Thanks a lot.
2020-12-26
Use props
kitchen faucet
New
Sweden

I "accidentally" updated to V01.10.00.40 a day ago, thinking it would be an improvement. That was a mistake. I use the Quickswitch button a lot, after this update it's completely broken. 9/10 times it switches the screen off, and it's a hell to get it back on. When it doesn't, the object order is messed up.

To add on that, after a few restarts, all of my custom presets disappeared. (Will any new ones also disappear?)

Also the industry standard "EIS" label changed to the nonsense "RS"?

There needs to be some serious fixing in this FW.

Where can I find previous firmware zips? Are they purposely hidden? I've been looking for several hours without finding them.
2020-12-29
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

2020-12-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules