12Next >
2193 46 2015-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skyborne
lvl.2
Flight distance : 456299 ft
Greece

This was mostly a fun and exploratory flight nothing directed so some parts of the clip might not be what you would see in a directed production. Nonetheless it was a fun day flying low in London (busy skies) cause as you may know London has several airports in and around it.

2015-6-30
Use props
sudiste
lvl.2

Monaco

Nice shots, i like the part in the Park,
but regarding the beginning of your video, always combine rotation with another movement otherwise the audience gets dizzy.
And to be honest, the music is horrible ;)
2015-6-30
Use props
Skyborne
lvl.2
Greece

sudiste Posted at 2015-7-1 03:24
Nice shots, i like the part in the Park,
but regarding the beginning of your video, always combine r ...

Thanks... Noted
2015-6-30
Use props
sdharris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 384967 ft
United Kingdom

Yeah that is an epic pan which I think even you thought was taking too long as you increased the rate near the end.

Brave flying though and some great results. Loved it.
2015-6-30
Use props
Skyborne
lvl.2
Greece

sdharris Posted at 2015-7-1 03:44
Yeah that is an epic pan which I think even you thought was taking too long as you increased the rat ...

Brave?

It's not one FPV flight... It's 3 seperate ones in the same day. Basically I walked from the cathedral to the big ben then crossed the bridge and went to the park. Always Line of Sight I value my quad too much.
2015-6-30
Use props
ScottyT
lvl.4

New Zealand

Struth. If you value your quad so much, I doubt that's the best place to be flying it. Unless you have an exemption.
2015-6-30
Use props
Silentwitness
lvl.3
Flight distance : 286637 ft
United Kingdom

I don't know if you realise or not, but that's a completely illegal flight. The CAA are prosecuting people for operating like that.

You can't overly people or vehicles (unless they're under your control) , you can't get closer than 50m from buildings (again unless they're under your control) and you can't fly in a manner that could endanger someone and that's WITH a permission to operate from the CAA. If you don't have that, you shouldn't even be flying in London at all.
These are exactly the flights that are ending up in the news and giving drones a bad reputation.
2015-6-30
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

The video is underexposed and overly contrasty.  (In my opinion.)   If you are shooting with the color set to "normal" this causes this dark appearance.  (Almost like a simulated moonlight shot.)

I recommend shooting with the color set to "Log" mode.  This will produce a much brighter image with flatter contrast.  You can always add color saturation & contrast in post.
2015-6-30
Use props
Khador
lvl.2
Flight distance : 668100 ft
United Kingdom

Silentwitness Posted at 2015-7-1 05:03
I don't know if you realise or not, but that's a completely illegal flight. The CAA are prosecuting  ...

50m from building... 150m from congested places

Those parks and those streets he flew over all qualify as crowded places. Advertising the fact you are breaking the law is not smart mate... its going to add fuel to the fire and give the government excuses to push through their drone registry plans making it harder for those of us who do fly within the rules.

The rules are there for a reason. Fly within them please.

2015-6-30
Use props
sdharris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 384967 ft
United Kingdom

Skyborne Posted at 2015-7-1 04:14
Brave?

It's not one FPV flight... It's 3 seperate ones in the same day. Basically I walked from  ...

LOL you try to give a guy a compliment before the book is thrown at him ;-)
2015-6-30
Use props
aaron.ferguson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1641752 ft
United Kingdom

2015-6-30
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.3
United States

aaron.ferguson@ Posted at 2015-7-1 15:58
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6uU1LTdI8M

That is sad......
2015-7-1
Use props
nevbull
lvl.1
United Kingdom

This is exactly the kind of flying which will eventually ruin it for everyone else.

Please think of others when choosing where to fly! Central London - Really?????
2015-7-1
Use props
Silentwitness
lvl.3
United Kingdom

brycerichert Posted at 2015-7-1 16:56
That is sad......

No, that is the law.
2015-7-1
Use props
barryfairclough
lvl.2
Flight distance : 387940 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As the saying goes - "When in Rome do as the Romans do!".

Equally, when in Britain do as the British do! In other words respect and comply with British law, under which comes the Civil Aviation Authority and their rules and regulations for UAV operators. They are there for everyone's safety. What would have happened if you'd had a malfunction and crashed and severely injured/killed one of the many, many pedestrians under which you were flying?

Here's another saying you should be aware of - "Ignorance is no excuse!".

To fly over such a congested area only proves one thing - you're an idiot!
2015-7-1
Use props
Skyborne
lvl.2
Greece

According to CAP722 of the CAA I am perfectly legal.
2015-7-1
Use props
BrianA
New

United Kingdom

Skyborne Posted at 2015-7-1 18:24
According to CAP722 of the CAA I am perfectly legal.

Your reading of CAP772 must be different to others

Try reading this

http://www.fpvuk.org/fpv-law/

... and remember that CAA regulations might well be supplemented by local regulations (eg the Port of London Authority say you're not allowed to fly over the River Thames without prior permission)
2015-7-1
Use props
BrianA
New

United Kingdom

Sad, yes, OTT - perhaps.

BUT until the minority of irresponsible / ignorant unmanned aircraft users is eliminated AND the UAVs themselves become a lot more reliable, unfortunately necessary.  
2015-7-1
Use props
Skyborne
lvl.2
Greece

I guess noone is reading my posts or the updated manuscripts of the CAA...
2015-7-1
Use props
Skyborne
lvl.2
Greece

BrianA Posted at 2015-7-1 18:33
Your reading of CAP772 must be different to others

Try reading this

Never flew over the river... I avoid flying over water.
2015-7-1
Use props
Silentwitness
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Send your video to the CAA then. See if they agree. I guarantee your flight WAS illegal.
2015-7-1
Use props
Silentwitness
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Have you got a PfAW from the CAA?
2015-7-1
Use props
barryfairclough
lvl.2
Flight distance : 387940 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"I guess noone is reading my posts or the updated manuscripts of the CAA..." - that statement clearly relates to you only as Sections 3.22 to 3.42 are quite clear and unequivocal. Unless you have specific permission from the CAA your flight was totally illegal and hopefully the CAA will get your registered details from the forum moderator and prosecute you for such a stupid, reckless act.

I repeat - you're an idiot!
2015-7-1
Use props
Skyborne
lvl.2
Greece

barryfairclough Posted at 2015-7-1 19:36
"I guess noone is reading my posts or the updated manuscripts of the CAA..." - that statement clearl ...

You keep referring articles about Aerial Work... This was obviously a hobbyist flight as I was there for vacation. Clearly you are the idiot.
2015-7-1
Use props
Silentwitness
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Can someone else explain to this guy, I'm getting bit bored.
2015-7-1
Use props
ballbreaker4712
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Don't you think sticking to the rules is going to provide the hobbyist with some very boring videos? ? I've plenty of videos of empty fields, what next??
2015-7-1
Use props
Silentwitness
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Sometimes I get bored driving on the roads. I don't mount the pavement for a laugh....
2015-7-1
Use props
erhard
lvl.3
Flight distance : 78665 ft
  • >>>

Skyborne Posted at 2015-7-1 19:55
You keep referring articles about Aerial Work... This was obviously a hobbyist flight as I was the ...

Why r u so ignorant ? just watch the animation ... it clearly states what is  allowed and what is not allowed  ... full stop!
2015-7-1
Use props
Skyborne
lvl.2
Greece

Let's say I understood everything wrong... Let's say I am wrong and I am sorry? Can I turn back time? No... So just enjoy the cautious footage I shot and stop flaming.

As you can see even though I thought I was legal I only did Panning shots and flew up from my position. I didn't fly around doing speeds and turns etc. I am pretty sure that if you search YouTube you'll see some really stupid footage (even though many of you think mine is as well) of people flying recklessly. At least I was cautious with my flying.

As I said, I may be in the wrong here, I think I am not at least to my (and some other native speakers I had read the manuscript) understanding. But at least I flew cautiously.

I can't turn back time so... I don't know... Sue me? Report me to the CAA and make things worse?

Literally what do you want me to do? Take down the video? Sure I can do that... does it make the flight go away? No
2015-7-1
Use props
ballbreaker4712
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Skyborne Posted at 2015-7-1 20:53
Let's say I understood everything wrong... Let's say I am wrong and I am sorry? Can I turn back time ...

From what I could see most of it looked pretty legal, with the exception of the park fly over..
2015-7-1
Use props
Skyborne
lvl.2
Greece

If that is the whole deal we know it's virtually impossible to always be "legal". Someone will eventually, even unintentionally walk under the drone or you will fly over them (at a high altitude ofc not right over their heads).

We know for a fact that the law is a general guideline... What if I am in an open field and suddenly someone walks under the drone? Am I immediatelly Illegal? I don't think so.
What if I drive and break the speed limit by 5-10 miles? Am I reckless and a daredevil and the most horrible person ever? We've all seen videos of people close to airports or thousands of feet high. All I did was get some footage at a low altitude while minding people and buildings around me...

At the park I tried and obviously was as careful as possible... If you look close you can see me at the end holding the TX with the Sunshade so I was there in control and LoS... I also had my girlfriend spotting for people so I can keep my eye on the screen and aircraft while bringing it down AND I kept it on a 40ft hover until I could ask for some space on the ground to land so I don't end up hitting someone.

2015-7-1
Use props
Skyborne
lvl.2
Greece

Guideline may have been a wrong choice of words... What I mean is that laws are broken left and right... Some are horrible to break, some not so much.

I believe I may have broken some, but I don't think I endangered anyone doing so. Like on my way back home I did 70 on a 60... Yes I was "illegal" but I don't think I endangered anyone by doing that.

I don't think all of those that attack me have never broken a law of any kind.
2015-7-1
Use props
Adamation
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I think its a fantastic video, well flown and im glad it was shot.

Its inevitable drone laws are going to tighten over here in the UK as they become more popular, I definately dont want to be the one wishing I had flown it more risky while we can get away with it as opposed to a year down the line when we get our asses handed to us for this kind of thing.

I look forward to your next video - Adam

2015-7-1
Use props
uhayat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191421 ft
United States

Skyborne Posted at 2015-7-1 20:53
Let's say I understood everything wrong... Let's say I am wrong and I am sorry? Can I turn back time ...

Hey hey, first of all its a lovely video, thoroughly enjoyed it. We all make mistakes, I for one make more than most. But the right thing for everyone to do here would have been to politely point you in the right direction regarding local regulations. We are all on the same side here.
2015-7-1
Use props
crlondonltd
lvl.2

United Kingdom

CAA  should finish you off.If I was you I would take this video off.Brave and stupid but more stupid than brave. Watch this again !!!!!!!!!!!!
2015-7-1
Use props
Oliver
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Yes that is illegal as you violated Air Navigation Order Article 167:
https://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=1995&pageid=16012

Particularly:
2a: over or within 150 metres of any congested area;
2c: within 50 metres of any vessel, vehicle or structure which is not under the control of the person in charge of the aircraft;

With regards to taking down the video - yes, the flight may have already been conducted, but the damage is still to be done. You might have gotten away with it, but might a video like this encourage others to do the same? OK so "one little flight won't hurt anybody", but why do you get to do it and not the rest of us? If we all started doing it, the chances of an accident becomes greater. And, accidents lead to regulations.

You flew near buildings. What if you crashed? Would you cough up the cash to pay for repairs?
You flew over busy roads with cars. Do you have enough money to pay for repairs to a Ferrari?
You flew over hundreds of people. What if your Phantom fell from the sky and injured them? Do you have millions to pay in compensation? Do you have insurance? Would they cover such an illegal flight? People in this exact hobby have been sued and lost everything before. It happens.

The above are the reasons for the CAAs regulations.

Do it in your own country if that is legal, but respect the laws of wherever you're visiting. I find it inconsiderate that you'd risk injury to other people and ultimately risk to our hobby here in the UK. We're restricted enough as it is.

"enjoy the cautious footage and stop flaming"
- your arrogance doesn't exactly inspire forgiveness.

"AND I kept it on a 40ft hover until I could ask for some space on the ground to land so I don't end up hitting someone. "
- really...and the need to do this didn't make you think "hmm, perhaps this place is too busy?" and instead you thought "there is no possible way this can go wrong and fly off and crash into someone"

Absolutely ridiculous and irresponsible attitude. And, after all that risk and all that potential...your footage was underwhelming due to the excessive use of yaw. Sorry.
2015-7-1
Use props
Skyborne
lvl.2
Greece

As I said earlier...

Even all of you that are against this have at least once... and that generous, broken a speed limit. So let's say this... I did 70 mph on a 50. But when I see videos like this I do not thing I am risking anything or endangering anyone... Enjoy a 150 mph on a 50:

Now I am not saying that just because they are seriously reckless and stupid and moronic that that makes my footage legal... But when you compare the two, I think my wrongdoings where minor.
2015-7-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

It's up to you, how you behave.
If breaking the laws of your land are ok with you, then when Someone breaks down your door and rob you of your finest silver ware, you should pat them on the back and tell him where the jewelry was hidden...
After all, it's only property, that can be replaced, and a door that a few screws can mend. Correct?
If the drone should go foul, fall and crack some poor bystander in the head. Well, he shouldn't have been standing there, right?
It's only a matter of time before the boom comes down, upon us all, that fly for fun.
I am glad we have a large pond between us, and you can't fly over my head... Ever.

I will admit to have enjoyed your video, like a bloody tourist, gawking at all the new sights...
And them wham, it hits me!! Right between the eyes.
Bloody is right.

RedHotPoker
2015-7-1
Use props
Oliver
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Skyborne Posted at 2015-7-2 09:05
As I said earlier...

Even all of you that are against this have at least once... and that generous, ...

Someone else's guilt doesn't excuse your own. Do you see how that video you posted encouraged you to make your own version?

Pretty much my point exemplified by your own video!

Also to say you didn't endanger anyone is inaccurate. I see lots of people and cars. You said yourself you even had to ask people to make room for landing, it was that busy. Go fly somewhere else before you hurt someone.

2015-7-1
Use props
ScottyT
lvl.4

Australia

Skyborne Posted at 2015-7-2 09:05
As I said earlier...

Even all of you that are against this have at least once... and that generous, ...

They got stopped by the police, and rightfully so. You should have been stopped too. It's central London cobber
2015-7-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules