Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Hi

The case from OP2 is.. how to say it nicely.. piece of s....

1. MAJOR issue: It scratches the roll axis motor of the Pocket 2. When I shut down the OP2, I have to wait the locking position about 10 seconds and then I have to put it other way inside the case that it wont scratch roll axis motor. When doing it like this it scratches tilt axis motor but less than roll axis motor when it is this way in the case. There are hard plastics in the case which is causing this.

2. None of the adapters or wide lens are staying in the case. If I put USB C and wide a lens to the case those will drop when I turn the case upside down. For 99% sure.

3. Also the OP2 itself wont stay in the case. Just a bit of G force and it will be released just like that. It wont hold normal situations at all. I have to use lanyard to keep OP2 in the case.

How can a simple case / cover fail so much? I hope some 3rd party will make small case for it to fit with Handle and Wheel. Or I just have to buy another 3rd party case to supporting Wheel without Handle. Any suggestions?

Cant believe how that can fail so much. You had a one simple task: cover the camera. And you FAIL.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

2020-12-15
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have reported on point 2 earlier with "A word of warning". The accessory holders inside the sleeve are inadequate - particularly the magnetic lens which drops out at the slightest nudge.  I notice you've removed the yellow sponge pads from inside the sleeve.  I left them in on mine, as I believe they're designed to prevent the scratching you describe.  Otherwise, I am delighted with my purchase so far.
2020-12-15
Use props
Tom899
lvl.2
United States

The round yellow pad is missing on your case. That pad is to prevent scratching.
2020-12-15
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Some cases are loose, some too tight.  Overall I think the case design was a neat idea badly executed.  I don't need the adapter things as I use a wireless connection to the phone, and I carry the wide angle adapter in a small filter case with another wide angle adapter (freewell) and a variable ND filter.  
2020-12-15
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

Tom899 Posted at 12-15 15:29
The round yellow pad is missing on your case. That pad is to prevent scratching.

What yellow? It's always been like that. I checked parts carefully when OP2 arrived and I opened the box.

Can you show a pic what should be there?

My luck ...
edit: I checked from the youtube and I don't find anything yellow in that case either.
and

So what I am missing? The only yellow pad was in the gimbal and there are nothing how it could stay in the case or even fit in there in any place. If something belongs there, it must have fixed position.
2020-12-15
Use props
Guanabana
lvl.2
Germany

@Aavalaakso

The Pocket 2 is originally delivered with the Roll-Axis-Motor showing inwards. So i guess that you have to turn the gimbal-head 180 degrees around, bevore putting it back into the case.
2020-12-15
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

Guanabana Posted at 12-15 22:23
@Aavalaakso

The Pocket 2 is originally delivered with the Roll-Axis-Motor showing inwards. So i guess that you have to turn the gimbal-head 180 degrees around, bevore putting it back into the case.

Yes like in OP1 because its better that way like I mentioned in the first post.
Anyway I will clue my own pad there.

End of story.

And those aint gonna be yellow.. yäk..
2020-12-15
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aavalaakso Posted at 12-15 20:49
What yellow? It's always been like that. I checked parts carefully when OP2 arrived and I opened the box.

This is the sleeve of my Pocket 2 as it arrived from DJI - with yellow pads already in place.

2020-12-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tom899 Posted at 12-15 15:29
The round yellow pad is missing on your case. That pad is to prevent scratching.

The sleeve shown in picture 2 is not from a P2 - you can see what it should be like in my  post #8 which is of my P2 sleeve acquired a week ago. With yellow pads.
2020-12-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The sleeve shown in your picture 2 is not from a P2 - you can see what it should be like in my  post #8 which is of my P2 sleeve acquired a week ago. With yellow pads.
2020-12-16
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

Blériot53 Posted at 12-16 05:37
This is the sleeve of my Pocket 2 as it arrived from DJI - with yellow pads already in place.

[view_image]

Hi

Thanks for this. I checked my own pics I took when I unboxed my Pokcket 2.

No yellow pads. Only yellow pad was between camera unit and the gimbal to take off. Nothing else. I checked the box. I still have all that what came still in the box.

That yellow looks terrible btw..

Gonna clue some black pads on mine.

DJI, where is your quality control? And what the hell who designed this case was thinking of?
So Peter McKinnons Pocket 2 will scratch also.

2020-12-16
Use props
chririva
lvl.3

Poland

Aavalaakso Posted at 12-15 20:49

Holy s.......
Mine is also scratched, and i have the yellow pad inside.  Unbelievable.  There are issues coming out every day.
In the second video you can see in the thumbnail that the guy has scratched gimbal, without running the video, just in the preview picture of the video. LOL.
2020-12-16
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

chririva Posted at 12-16 06:42
Holy s.......
Mine is also scratched, and i have the yellow pad inside.  Unbelievable.  There are issues coming out every day.
In the second video you can see in the thumbnail that the guy has scratched gimbal, without running the video, just in the preview picture of the video. LOL.

Yes Peters Pocket 2 is scratched also. Even in video thumbnail true.
2020-12-16
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

This picture is from the original PDF manual from here:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... al_v1.0_EN_1030.pdf

case.jpg

There are no pads. No pads at all. Zero pads.

I already glued 5mm soft pad in the case. Gray color and made it fit pretty ok there. Now it wont scratch the gimbal in any way.

case2.jpg
2020-12-16
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Yup, lost my wide-angle adapter lens when the case dropped out off my jacket pocket. Wasn't aware so didn't look for the lens. Picked up the case and walked off.
I still like the case though as I can use the older control wheel module on the Pocket 2 and it fit fully in the case. Can't do that with the older case and the flap gets in the way.
2020-12-16
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

fansfe82067d Posted at 12-15 16:31
Some cases are loose, some too tight.  Overall I think the case design was a neat idea badly executed.  I don't need the adapter things as I use a wireless connection to the phone, and I carry the wide angle adapter in a small filter case with another wide angle adapter (freewell) and a variable ND filter.

Have you tried squeezing the sides if its too loose, or spreading it gently if its too tight?. Its a good case design, only the magnet for the lens retainer needs to be stronger.
2020-12-16
Use props
richparry
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1620148 ft
  • >>>
United States

Psoon Posted at 12-16 18:45
Have you tried squeezing the sides if its too loose, or spreading it gently if its too tight?. Its a good case design, only the magnet for the lens retainer needs to be stronger.

My P2 case has the circular pad but not the square pad, any suggestions how I can get the square pad. The photo is NOT my case, I use the photo as an example to show what is missing.

thanks,
2020-12-16
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

richparry Posted at 12-16 20:54
[view_image]

My P2 case has the circular pad but not the square pad, any suggestions how I can get the square pad. The photo is NOT my case, I use the photo as an example to show what is missing.

You can use pads like what is meant under The chair legs to prevent scratching The floor and use scissors

Still. The case is not ready For markets.
2020-12-16
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

I finished the case that DJI did not do by adding soft pad and removed all the hard plastics. Now it is soft like the case should be.

Hard plastics scratched three (3) spots in total. Center of the case is not touching the camera. Not earlier and not now either so those adapter places are fine.

Now it works as it should be to protect the precious almighty lilliput cyclop camera.
OP2 case.JPG
2020-12-23
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

Since the original case from DJI is destroying the Pocket 2 has anyone tried these cases? Any suggestions for cases?

https://scottymakesstuff.com/collections/micro_range
2021-1-3
Use props
kenofstephen
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Blériot53 Posted at 2020-12-16 05:37

[view_image]

These pads are supposed to be removed. If not, the wireless mic can't be clipped to the top.
That round pad can be kept there though... I don't think DJI wants you to keep it there.
2021-1-4
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think dji hates its customers.
2021-1-5
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kenofstephen Posted at 1-4 19:15
These pads are supposed to be removed. If not, the wireless mic can't be clipped to the top.
That round pad can be kept there though... I don't think DJI wants you to keep it there.

I've not had occasion to use the mic. attachment yet, so it's not a hindrance to leave the pad in place.  But I can now agree with the OP, some scratches are beginning to appear around the gimbal, despite careful handling. The sleeve seems poorly designed.
2021-1-5
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

Blériot53 Posted at 1-5 01:17
I've not had occasion to use the mic. attachment yet, so it's not a hindrance to leave the pad in place.  But I can now agree with the OP, some scratches are beginning to appear around the gimbal, despite careful handling. The sleeve seems poorly designed.

All the THREE hard plastics are eventually scratching the gimbal in three different points in total. That is the final reason why I removed all of those and made the case completely soft using own pads that perfectly fits in the case and I have no hards plastics anymore in the case and no matter how long OP2 is in my pocket or what ever I do. No scratchings anymore.

The case scratches the OP2.
I have found in youtube people who do things and staff with Pocket 2 and I have found many of those gimbals scrached when I can clearly see the gimbal.
2021-1-5
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

First order of business when I got the OP and now the P2, was to ditch the case. I realize that we're different, and some people actually like to carry the OP or P2 in their pocket. I've always thought that was a bad idea unless you're wearing Cargo Pants/Shorts with big pockets.

My OP is "carried" in a Polar Pro Wireless Harness, with a gimbal lock - placed in a Pelican 1030 Case. The P2 is in the Taipan EXO Cage w/an original wireless adapter - also placed into a Pelican 1030 Case. The Pelicans are great because they are waterproof, darn near indestructible and are easily carried in the glove box, center console, backpacks... I could go on. When I actually walk around w/the cam it's in my hand with the lanyard around my wrist, and I make sure that I wear "something" that I can put it into if necessary.

I tend to use it for B-Roll, not vacation pics etc. - I use my phone for that. Again I realize we're different, but maybe there is something in this post that is of value to you. Cheers!
2021-1-5
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

Gulfstream Posted at 1-5 02:23
First order of business when I got the OP and now the P2, was to ditch the case. I realize that we're different, and some people actually like to carry the OP or P2 in their pocket. I've always thought that was a bad idea unless you're wearing Cargo Pants/Shorts with big pockets.

My OP is "carried" in a Polar Pro Wireless Harness, with a gimbal lock - placed in a Pelican 1030 Case. The P2 is in the Taipan EXO Cage w/an original wireless adapter - also placed into a Pelican 1030 Case. The Pelicans are great because they are waterproof, darn near indestructible and are easily carried in the glove box, center console, backpacks... I could go on. When I actually walk around w/the cam it's in my hand with the lanyard around my wrist, and I make sure that I wear "something" that I can put it into if necessary.

Thanks, Pelican cases looks great for many kind of use.

Interested because of waterproof.
2021-1-5
Use props
Merak75
lvl.2
Flight distance : 810325 ft
United States

Less than 24 hours and mine is scratched in a few spots. I'll need to modify the case with some padding.
2021-6-26
Use props
fans9ab6fa40
New
United States

Just got mine yesterday.
The case is the first thing that made me roll my eyes as being such an insanely stupid design.

Then all of the other issues starting showing.
2021-7-11
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

Yes case is full of nonsense.

Pocket 1 case Works. Anyways I have 3rd party for it supporting CW. But original DP1 case was totally ok.
2021-7-11
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Italy

I agree that Pocket 2 case has some issues, but not the scratching issue in my opinion.
Most of the times I see such complain, is due to the wrong gimbal orientation.
Pocket 2 gimbal seats the opposite way to the Osmo Pocket, so the part that has to go inside the case is the gimbal motor, not the camera head.
2021-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules