phantom 2 rotating randomly (turing)
937 4 2015-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
winfrieddows
lvl.1

Italy

My Phantom 2 would just not want to face the direction I want it to. It would just turn uncontrolled. No filming possible like that. I did calibrate the compass numerous times, did a full calibration of the copter as well. Nothing helped. What is wrong with my Phantom? Any ideas?
2015-6-30
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

It sounds like you did not calibrate in RC assistant...

Calibrate in RC assistant and P2 assistant.

RCAssistant is for firmware updates to the RC as well as calibrations which you found in the Phantom Assistant...

Download both RC Assistant and P2 Assistant. . You will find both Assistant Software Programs on the same page. After downloading the RC Assistant,connect the remote (TX) by usb. Turn on the remote. Update if needed,calibrate joysticks. While you are their move the x1 s1and s2 switches through their travel. After that, turn off,then disconnect the remote. Keep it handy. Then connect quad to computer with usb. After that, power up quad(No Propellers) then open P2 Assistant software. Check in the bottom left hand corner to see if two little lights are flickering(Blue one and Green one). That tells you that the quad and program are communicating. Once verified, look under the icon that just reads info. Check for updates to firmware and install them. After that is squared away, calibrate the joysticks, x1, s1, and s2 channels. You will find all of that under the Basic icon, submenu RC. Once complete, place quad on level surface. access the tools icon. You will see basic and advanced IMU calibration. This is critical. With the quad level and stationary perform all IMU calibrations. Ignore the MC Too Hot warning(Unless The Quad Is Warm Due To Use) if you need to you can put the quad in your refrigerator for30 min or so to cool it down. If quad is not hot just continue with calibration. To verify that the IMU is calibrated drift the cursor over the balloon with a question mark at the top of the calibration menu. It will give you all of the values that you need to verify IMU is calibrated. After that with batteries charged you should be good to go. Make sure you have the right props on the right motors. They only go one way but I have seen one guy crank on a prop on the wrong motor.

Both calibrations are needed. The RC calibration lets the computer know the mechanical end points of the joystick's. Then tells the quad that info when you calibrate the quad. Calibrate transmiter first. Then quad.
2015-6-30
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Is this a new Phantom?
Any issues prior to this ie. Crash or anything?
When calibrating make sure you are on a very level surface and away from any kind of magnetic interference,....If Dave's solution does not work, check/Change your prop's...and try that..
2015-6-30
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

I would start from ground level. Feal the motors and see if they all turn with the same resistance. The. It's on to IMU calibration on a perfectly level surface. Then RC cal and next test the motors. Start them up and take note that all for start at same time. Shut down and again see that they all stop at same time. Next do a compass calibration. Next get  GPS lock and home lock. Do a little test flight up to about 6-10 ft and hover. Now she should hover steady and hold direction. After doing all the calibrations and test if she still turns uncontrolled its most likely a hardware issue with the controller or copter. Support time. But if all works well after doing the Cala and tests you ready to go!  Good luck!
2015-7-1
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

winfrieddows, here's the best way to calibrate your remote controller:

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules