Mini 2 FPV Goggles
2429 10 2020-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rgp1942
lvl.3
United States

Could someone in the know reply to this post as soon as the Mini 2 Occusync 2.0 is compatible with any DJI goggles or any 3rd party goggles?  I'm not talking about the kludgy wifi streaming workarounds (I've tried them all and forget it), but about a true DJI Mini2<>FPV solution that receives and displays the Occusync 2.0 video stream directly with acceptable FPV latency.  Thanks!

2020-12-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, rgp1942. Thanks for reaching out! As of the time being, neither the DJI Goggles nor the DJI Goggles RE is compatible with the DJI Mini 2. but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Mini 2. Thanks for your kind understanding.
2020-12-19
Use props
rgp1942
lvl.3
United States

Thanks!  I am anxiously looking forward to an FPV headset solution for the Mavic-2.
2020-12-19
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

You just don't need FPV goggles all you need to do is to be able to stick you phone 6 inches infront of you eyes and be able to focus and have it totally shaded. This option does just that and is way cheaper using a magimask. You have a super clear view and fullscreen.

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/using-mouse-with-mavic-mini.101101/#post-1139888

Good luck!
2020-12-19
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-19 00:29
Hi, rgp1942. Thanks for reaching out! As of the time being, neither the DJI Goggles nor the DJI Goggles RE is compatible with the DJI Mini 2. but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Mini 2. Thanks for your kind understanding.

Thank you for the great news!
2020-12-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Cients Posted at 12-20 07:42
Thank you for the great news!

You're most welcome. Hopefully, this will be considered in future updates.
2020-12-21
Use props
laurensb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37083 ft
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 2020-12-21 00:02
You're most welcome. Hopefully, this will be considered in future updates.

All existing drones at the moment, except those < 250gr., will go to subcategory A3 after 2023-01-01. "That means that they can never be operated in urban environments that you need to keep the drone at least 150 m from residential, commercial or industrial areas, and to only operate in areas where no uninvolved people are present in the range where the drone can be operated." In practice, also taken into account all no-fly zones, this leaves not many spots to fly drones in densely populated Western Europe.  Also, flying drones <250gr doesn't require a license.
So basically, the Mini 2 is the only option atm that can be operated without too much restrictions now as well as after 2023-01-01.

Therefore, I believe DJI will sell a whole lot of goggles if they decide to support the Mini 2. I know i'll buy one.
2021-2-27
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

laurensb Posted at 2-27 11:49
All existing drones at the moment, except those < 250gr., will go to subcategory A3 after 2023-01-01. "That means that they can never be operated in urban environments that you need to keep the drone at least 150 m from residential, commercial or industrial areas, and to only operate in areas where no uninvolved people are present in the range where the drone can be operated." In practice, also taken into account all no-fly zones, this leaves not many spots to fly drones in densely populated Western Europe.  Also, flying drones

is it legal in your country to fly a small drone using googles (i.e. no vlos)?
2021-2-27
Use props
laurensb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37083 ft
Netherlands

The Saint Posted at 2-27 16:44
is it legal in your country to fly a small drone using googles (i.e. no vlos)?

Since 2021-01-01 regulations are in effect for all EU countries:
Regarding goggles it states:

"Is flying with goggles (first person view) authorised in the 'open' category?

The Regulation allows you to fly without keeping direct eye contact with the drone, provided you have a person next to you, a UA observer, keeping direct visual contact with the drone, scanning the airspace to make sure that you do not endanger other parties (e.g. aircraft or buildings or persons). The UA observer must be located alongside you so they can immediately communicate with you in case they see an obstacle, and give you instructions, such as to immediately land the drone."
2021-3-2
Use props
fansfa0ef383
lvl.2
Flight distance : 271306 ft
United Kingdom

Hi :-)

For all those with a DJI Mini 2 (or other DJI drone) that want to fly FPV / VR  and can't, check out the video below. I got hold of a MagiMask which displays a full-screen phone image in both eyes, so you can use DJI Fly or DJI Go in a VR headset.
All you'll need is the mask and a data cable from the controller to the phone. It's amazing!

2021-3-16
Use props
rgp1942
lvl.3
United States

Thanks for this video.  A few questions...  1. How does this differ from any other headset phone holder?  2. How do you do any DJI phone app controls needed when the phone is in the headset (I've discovered that trying to do WiFi FPV this way is impractical for this issue).  3. Do you see stereo (one image for each eye) or just one large screen (that for me makes me have to look cross-eyed). 4. Does it work with glasses?  5. What about the FOV issue of the Mini camera only being about 60% of an FPV camera?  Thanks.
2021-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules