First Time Updated
485 4 2020-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MelMar85
lvl.1
Australia

Ok, complete novice here, use the drone for photos on my motorbike rides. I have a Mavic Air,  I control it from an iPad Mini 4using Software Version 13.4.1
Up until last night everything was going great guns and I had just extended the range from 500m to 1000m due to my confidence growing and impressed with
the Photos and footage I was getting.
Last night i was getting set up again and it said updates available. Worse decision I have ever made !!!
DJI Go4 is now at version V4.3.40 (4369)

Issues I never had before but now constantly are having are

- Loss of picture transmission from craft to iPad
- Loss of aerial transmission with advice to adjust antennas
- When around 90m plus the picture coming back freezes, jumps or is very heavily pixalated
- On take off it advices I may be in a restricted airport zone ( I am definitely not ) but allows take off and disappears

Basically this update has efectively left my <1 year old drone 75% lower on capability because of some error riddled update that I cannot roll back.
Searching through a myriad of forums this appears to be heavily the case with many many users.

On some DJI blame Apple, Apple blame DJI. All I can say is prior to the update I was 110% happy with the Drone and software, now I am 10% happy.
Has a fix been found apart from being forced to update hardware, I cant find any official DJI correspondence on the subject.

P.S I am not very Tech savvy and was proud as punch of the advnce i had made now that is shot to pieces too.
2020-12-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can check the NFZs here - https://www.dji.com/uk/flysafe/geo-map - They do change from time to time and there was a recent database update to change the zones.  I updated last week and flew with it this week with no issues,  even at 6000ft away.   Total on that flight was 16000ft.
2020-12-19
Use props
MelMar85
lvl.1
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 12-19 02:07
You can check the NFZs here - https://www.dji.com/uk/flysafe/geo-map - They do change from time to time and there was a recent database update to change the zones.  I updated last week and flew with it this week with no issues,  even at 6000ft away.   Total on that flight was 16000ft.

Yes I checked the Geo zones, well and truly clear. That is annoying but the other issues are far worse.

Help !!!
2020-12-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MelMar85 Posted at 12-19 02:14
Yes I checked the Geo zones, well and truly clear. That is annoying but the other issues are far worse.

Help !!!

You could try a refresh in the DJI Assistant.
2020-12-19
Use props
MelMar85
lvl.1
Australia

I performed further updates through the assistant via wire rather than wirelessly. There is an improvement on usability however the following still exists.

1. Around 70m altitude I get a bad signal message and to adjust antennas
2. Feedback to my ipad mini is delayed and jerky
3. The aircraft seems to want to pan right all the time
4. Still getting loss of signal back to remote after a short time at 80m height and 55m distance.

Again none of this occurred prior to doing a first update 6 months after purchase.

Can someone please help, either with solutions or who do I speak to at DJI.

Thankyou
2020-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules