DJI Mini 2 green tint screen
8652 25 2020-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lukas1now
lvl.1
Norway

Hello all.

I recently purchased a Mini 2 after connecting and updating software and apps, the screen image was tinted green as pictured below.

After turning off and without batteries for a while and reconnecting, the screen is normal.  I have seen a topic on this but it is not clear what the problem is.

Have you also experienced anything similar?

Is it firmware?
received_114331180417435.jpeg
2020-12-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Lukas1now. Thanks for reaching out! We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. To assist you further, could you verify if the issue occurs most of the time and applies to both videos and photos? If you could add further details, such as the DJI Fly version and your unit's firmware version that'll be appreciated. Looking forward to your response.
2020-12-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have not experienced this.
2020-12-20
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have not seen this with my Mini2.
2020-12-20
Use props
Lukas1now
lvl.1
Norway

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-19 23:49
Hi, Lukas1now. Thanks for reaching out! We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. To assist you further, could you verify if the issue occurs most of the time and applies to both videos and photos? If you could add further details, such as the DJI Fly version and your unit's firmware version that'll be appreciated. Looking forward to your response.

So app Dji fly 1.2.1 version I tested on both android and iphone it was the same on video and photo also. About unit firmware when screen was green I tried to update for a newest firmware but it didn't change anything, screen after updating was still green. Only when drone was turned off with battery out and turned on after about 15min screen goes back to normal. Drone is now in DJI Oslo shop service but they didn't diagnose anything yet
2020-12-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Lukas1now Posted at 12-20 11:15
So app Dji fly 1.2.1 version I tested on both android and iphone it was the same on video and photo also. About unit firmware when screen was green I tried to update for a newest firmware but it didn't change anything, screen after updating was still green. Only when drone was turned off with battery out and turned on after about 15min screen goes back to normal. Drone is now in DJI Oslo shop service but they didn't diagnose anything yet

Thanks for the update though we just want to verify again if the problem does also occur on the recorded videos and captured photos or was it only in the live feed from the DJI Fly. Please let us know so we can have this checked in case others might encounter this similar concern.
2020-12-21
Use props
dimpam
New

Indonesia

i have same issued here on my Mini 2. Even when turned off and on again it still remains green.  Even froce close the application and unplug the battery does not solve the problem.  quite annoying this green screen because the recording also results in green video.
2020-12-23
Use props
Lukas1now
lvl.1
Norway

dimpam Posted at 12-23 16:20
i have same issued here on my Mini 2. Even when turned off and on again it still remains green.  Even froce close the application and unplug the battery does not solve the problem.  quite annoying this green screen because the recording also results in green video.

Hey Dimpam can you check wifi and bluetooth option? IMG_20201225_171517.jpg
2020-12-25
Use props
buehlerbg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4511 ft
United States

following thread
2020-12-25
Use props
serikinda
lvl.1
Malaysia

Hi there. I also have the same problem with my Mini. Mine is Mini One. Happened after i updated to the latest firmware. My display on the phone screen will be fine in the beginning but will turn to green after flying for some time. The picture and video taken in the phone cache will also be in green. Luckily the picture/video recorded in the sd card in the MIni is fine. I wish DJI provide the option for us to roll back to the previous firmware version.
About turning off the wifi and bluetooth, i have tried that but the same problem persist.   
2020-12-26
Use props
djiuser_zPE2T6O2AYmr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25039 ft
Australia

I have the same problem I have a green tinge on my phone and on videos and photos. It happens 9 times out of 10. My phone is an Oppo Reno2 z. Kym
2020-12-29
Use props
djiuser_ddzj8PuLI1Zu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2543323 ft
Ukraine

The issue related to DJI Fly Application and phone compatibility. Not related to drone themselves. Green tint could appears after short video signal disruption.
Usually green tint gone after DJI Fly App restart. Obviously that too risky to restart it during fly. Then just ignore green tint. It not affect video recorded on SD card. Only on DJI Fly cached video.
My advice - to contact DJI Support and provide with information that they request. That helps to fix the issue in next DJI Fly releases.
Not sure is it fixed in 1.2.1 for me or just I'm lucky. But I not get the issue after update to v 1.2.1  
2020-12-29
Use props
djiuser_WpD2lOJLRBIJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1476125 ft
United States

I posted a solution to this.nothing is wrong with ur drone.while in flight go to camera setting and change ur perimeters from 14:1 to 16:4 or what ever they are and it go’s away.and will not return by switching back.very easy fix.ur just tricking the camera to go into a different setting.
2020-12-29
Use props
djiuser_WpD2lOJLRBIJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1476125 ft
United States

DJI should encourage you guys to check these forums.we post so many helpful solutions to a lot of these small common issues that are in fact not an issue at all.it’s telling you it has inadequate lighting to visually locate itself.and it’s camera ratio that you want to toggle to make it go away.you actually don’t even need to be in flight just have aircraft connected and ready to fly.sorry for the re post but I had to in fact double check I was giving you accurate information.
2020-12-29
Use props
djiuser_zPE2T6O2AYmr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25039 ft
Australia

Yes, that solution worked! It does appear to be a smartphone compatibility issue. I have never had the issue with my iPad. I haven't checked the pictures and video on the ad card yet.
Kym
2021-1-8
Use props
Mark F
lvl.1
Flight distance : 606240 ft
United Kingdom

interesting thread, please allow me to comment (late I know)

People have been saying that the green screen affects the video too, however I believe they mean the video recorded by the phone from the uplink. In my experience any video recorded on the SD card is fine.
2021-1-24
Use props
Mark F
lvl.1
Flight distance : 606240 ft
United Kingdom

interesting thread, please allow me to comment (late I know)

People have been saying that the green screen affects the video too, however I believe they mean the video recorded by the phone from the uplink. In my experience any video recorded on the SD card is fine.
2021-1-24
Use props
markmezo
lvl.1

Australia

Did anyone find a solution to this problem? this has happened many time on my Mini 2 using Android, i fix it by restarting everything.

I am hoping app version 1.3.0 will fix the issue? yet to test it out.
2021-3-6
Use props
RD0
New

Canada

Switching from photo to video mode appears to (occasionally) solve this problem.
2021-3-22
Use props
djiuser_DA4bn2TiUaJo
New

Russia

I have the same problem, phone's green screen and green videos and photos in cache. Full video is normal. I have 3 battaries (combo) and problem occurs with 1 of 3 battary.
Latest updates (app and drone).
It enrage me because i haven't enough image quality when use drone.
Could you solve a problem?

2021-5-6
Use props
Etreus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 249380 ft
Spain

I had the same problem of the green tint screen and it went away, restarting the Android phone I use for the Mavic Mini 2.  I hope I dont need to restart the phone anymore.
2021-5-9
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

All, check Above "I posted a solution to this. nothing is wrong with your drone. while in flight go to camera setting and change your parameters from 14:1 to 16:4 or what ever they are and it go’s away and will not return by switching back. very easy fix. your just tricking the camera to go into a different setting."
2021-5-10
Use props
graf1985
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hello everybody,
I'm using DJI mini 2 since some day and I noticed that when I record video at 2.7 K 50 fps or 4k 30 fps
the video on  the memory card are not good at all. Some part of the screen is green and It not stabilized at all.
Do you know why?
I'm using a SanDisk Extreme 32 GB a1 U3 V30
Attached you can find my Drone infos and a screen capture of the video.
PS Ive downloaded the DJI fly app directly from the dji website I could not find it on the play store.
The only ones on the playstore are DJI 4 go or DJI Pilot
2021-5-12
Use props
CosminH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1561867 ft
Romania

The problem I think is from the phone or cable. Huawei P10 works perfectly (micro USB), on Xiaomi 10 pro that green filter appears - USB C.
2021-5-19
Use props
Etreus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 249380 ft
Spain

videoeditman Posted at 5-10 12:58
All, check Above "I posted a solution to this. nothing is wrong with your drone. while in flight go to camera setting and change your parameters from 14:1 to 16:4 or what ever they are and it go’s away and will not return by switching back. very easy fix. your just tricking the camera to go into a different setting."

Done as you mentioned, and it does work.  Thanks!
2021-5-21
Use props
djiuser_6R49MD1bgJuy
New
United States

I have a Mavic mini (1) and this problem just started this week, immediately after updating the app. It had never occurred prior. Thanks for the tip on toggling the image ratio as it worked for me.
2021-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules