10714 28 2020-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have the Pocket 2 and Creator combo. Successfully registered with DJI using Galaxy S9 and USB 3 connector.
I have two other Android devices, each of which works fine with all my drones.
However, I now discover that the Pocket 2 will ONLY pair with the device on which it was registered.
It flatly refuses to connect to either of the others, even though they can 'see' eachother with bluetooth enabled.
Anybody discovered a workaround?
2020-12-20
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

If you go into the wifi settings of your phone, can you connect to the wifi of the Pocket 2?
2020-12-20
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 12-20 06:07
If you go into the wifi settings of your phone, can you connect to the wifi of the Pocket 2?

The phone I registered with connects without hesitation.  My other phone and the Android tablet will not. A four-digit code is issued and compared, by each device, and pairing is attempted but always fails after about 20 seconds. Proximity is not an issue - I've even had them touching. Makes no difference.
2020-12-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Turn off bluetooth on the one its paired to and then try on the other device.
2020-12-20
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-20 08:31
Turn off bluetooth on the one its paired to and then try on the other device.

Nope. Makes no difference. Still Connection Failed.
2020-12-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Blériot53. Thanks for reaching out and we're sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. We suggest performing a quick on the DJI Pocket 2 then try to reconnect to your other devices to see if it helps. Please check also whether performing a Network Reset on the mobile device you want to pair the DJI Pocket 2 would work. Kindly keep us updated.
2020-12-20
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Netherlands

I normally connect on 2 phones and 1 tablet in the Android OS, everywhere the same Google account and DJI Mimo, but I do not connect to the iPad mini 5....
2020-12-20
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-20 23:03
Hi, Blériot53. Thanks for reaching out and we're sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. We suggest performing a quick on the DJI Pocket 2 then try to reconnect to your other devices to see if it helps. Please check also whether performing a Network Reset on the mobile device you want to pair the DJI Pocket 2 would work. Kindly keep us updated.

Hi DJI Gamora. I don't understand "performing a quick" in reference to the DJI Pocket 2. That has no meaning, please clarify.  As to the Network Reset suggested, it doesn't work on either device - the result is still the same.  I still have the one original smartphone (Android) which pairs without difficulty, so I am able to connect to this one device. But I cannot understand why my other two Android devices ( one tablet and one smartphone) will not connect whatever I try. I've followed the onscreen help popups in the Mimo App, but everything ends in failure.
For reference the three devices are:
Samsung Galaxy S9 - the one which connects successfully and with which I registered the Pocket2
Samsung Galaxy S7
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (8 inch tablet)
Regards
2020-12-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alevpi Posted at 12-20 23:19
I normally connect on 2 phones and 1 tablet in the Android OS, everywhere the same Google account and DJI Mimo, but I do not connect to the iPad mini 5....

Hi. It shouldn't be a problem, and it makes no sense that it works perfectly on one device and not at all on the others.  All are Android in my case.
2020-12-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Blériot53 Posted at 12-21 00:31
Hi DJI Gamora. I don't understand "performing a quick" in reference to the DJI Pocket 2. That has no meaning, please clarify.  As to the Network Reset suggested, it doesn't work on either device - the result is still the same.  I still have the one original smartphone (Android) which pairs without difficulty, so I am able to connect to this one device. But I cannot understand why my other two Android devices ( one tablet and one smartphone) will not connect whatever I try. I've followed the onscreen help popups in the Mimo App, but everything ends in failure.
Samsung Galaxy S9 - the one which connects successfully and with which I registered the Pocket2

Sorry for the confusion. Kindly access the system settings of the DJI Pocket 2 and reset the system parameters. You can check this video as this also a similar application.
2020-12-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-21 02:10
Sorry for the confusion. Kindly access the system settings of the DJI Pocket 2 and reset the system parameters. You can check this video as this also a similar application.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFHPAiZv7uk&ab_channel=DJISupport

OK I have done as you suggest and this has made no difference whatsoever. The Pocket 2 and the S7 see eachother, and a 4 digit code is displayed to accept.  But the pairing still fails, exactly as before.  Very unsatisfactory
2020-12-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-21 02:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFHPAiZv7uk&ab_channel=DJISupport

And what is worse. Now NONE of my devices will pair with the Pocket 2!  So your "advice" has left me in a worse situation than I was before   I cannot connect by wifi at all. This is unacceptable.
2020-12-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Blériot53 Posted at 12-21 02:26
OK I have done as you suggest and this has made no difference whatsoever. The Pocket 2 and the S7 see eachother, and a 4 digit code is displayed to accept.  But the pairing still fails, exactly as before.  Very unsatisfactory

Please check whether restarting both the DJI Pocket 2 and your mobile devices would resolve the issue. Should the same problem persists, we recommend attaching a video depicting the issue including both the firmware version of the DJI Pocket 2 and the DJI Mimo app. We're sorry for the inconvenience it has caused.
2020-12-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-21 04:14
Please check whether restarting both the DJI Pocket 2 and your mobile devices would resolve the issue. Should the same problem persists, we recommend attaching a video depicting the issue including both the firmware version of the DJI Pocket 2 and the DJI Mimo app. We're sorry for the inconvenience it has caused.

I've done so many switch on/off, restarts and pairing attempts, I've had enough of it now.  Nothing works. I've managed to re-pair the Galaxy S9 with the Pocket2, after half an hour of frustration.  The other two devices simply will NOT pair with the Pocket 2.  Mimo version is the same on all devices, and when queried reports "Version Detection  v1.5.4(161205) - Your App is up to date".  You have all the information necessary to outline the problem, and I consider trying to video the whole sorry experience to be a futile waste of my time.  I can only conclude that the problem lies in the inadequacies of programming or firmware, since all my devices work perfectly in all other respects, including controlling and flying my DJI Drones.  I'll wait to see if a future "update" resolves the problem.
2020-12-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Blériot53 Posted at 12-21 04:55
I've done so many switch on/off, restarts and pairing attempts, I've had enough of it now.  Nothing works. I've managed to re-pair the Galaxy S9 with the Pocket2, after half an hour of frustration.  The other two devices simply will NOT pair with the Pocket 2.  Mimo version is the same on all devices, and when queried reports "Version Detection  v1.5.4(161205) - Your App is up to date".  You have all the information necessary to outline the problem, and I consider trying to video the whole sorry experience to be a futile waste of my time.  I can only conclude that the problem lies in the inadequacies of programming or firmware, since all my devices work perfectly in all other respects, including controlling and flying my DJI Drones.  I'll wait to see if a future "update" resolves the problem.

Thanks for the information and again, our sincere apologies for the inconvenience it has caused. We'll have this checked with our engineers and request any feedback. We ask for your further patience while we're looking for a solution.
2020-12-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Blériot53. We just received feedback regarding your previous submission. As per the review, different products have different connection requirements meaning that even if it can be used to our DJI drone, it isn't a complete assurance that it'll do the same with the DJI Pocket 2. On the other hand, you can try to turn off Wi-Fi Assistant and Wi-FI+ function on your mobile device before connecting to the DJI Pocket 2 via Wi-Fi to see if that helps as both functions will disconnect Wi-Fi that isn't connected to the Internet to ensure connectivity. Please be noted also that the devices that aren't listed within the compatible devices aren't guaranteed to work as they aren't officially tested but the support for additional devices available as testing and development continues.
2020-12-23
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

There was an issue mentioned weeks ago where the Pocket 2 wifi would be set to the frequency of the first phone it connected to, so if other devices didn't support that frequency, then it wouldn't pair.  That's why I wondered whether the phone's wifi could see the Pocket 2 wifi signal.  For instance, mine is locked onto 5G - my non-5G phone doesn't see it.  MY 5G tablet (which does not have Mimo installed) does see it.  It takes a minute or two sometimes to show up after starting the Pocket 2.
2020-12-23
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Addendum - out of interest I tried installing Mimo on an Android 6 tablet - that gave me a warning about OS version (I think it wanted version  7 or higher) - it wouldn't connect automatically but I connected BT and Wifi manually, then it just exited from the app with a message that was basically "unsupported".  I don't know whether that has any bearing on your problem.
2020-12-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 12-23 17:06
There was an issue mentioned weeks ago where the Pocket 2 wifi would be set to the frequency of the first phone it connected to, so if other devices didn't support that frequency, then it wouldn't pair.  That's why I wondered whether the phone's wifi could see the Pocket 2 wifi signal.  For instance, mine is locked onto 5G - my non-5G phone doesn't see it.  MY 5G tablet (which does not have Mimo installed) does see it.  It takes a minute or two sometimes to show up after starting the Pocket 2.

Maybe that was the issue DJI Gamora was trying to address with the suggestion in #10, above, by proposing  a reset.  That didn't work, however.  It shouldn't be beyond the whit of the programmers to resolve this problem - which shouldn't exist in the first place, but I'm not holding my breath for them to come up with a solution anytime soon.
2020-12-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 12-23 17:44
Addendum - out of interest I tried installing Mimo on an Android 6 tablet - that gave me a warning about OS version (I think it wanted version  7 or higher) - it wouldn't connect automatically but I connected BT and Wifi manually, then it just exited from the app with a message that was basically "unsupported".  I don't know whether that has any bearing on your problem.

Each of the 3 devices I use has the latest version of DJI Mimo installed, and Auto Updates for their Android version.
2020-12-24
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Russia

I have 3 Android devices and it connects to all of them normally.

But there is also an iPad Mini 5, it supports 2.4 and 5G and Pocket 2 also absolutely does not want to connect to it!
2020-12-24
Use props
heightoffield
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2670423 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

try this thread, it solved for me: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D765%26typeid%3D765

basically, you have to connect via usb, set the frequency to 2,8 ghz, then connect with the handle via wifi (before that: reset the pocket wifi network settings in the wifi settings ON YOUR PHONE). cheers.
2020-12-25
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Russia

I have 3 Android and 1 iOs devices do not have the ability to select a WI-Fi range and all devices have the latest version of DJI Mimo!

But I solved the problem with connecting the iPad Mini 5, just connected the Pocket 2 directly via the Lightning connector (USB), and then disconnected the adapter and connected the joystick and after that my iPad connected via WI-FI.
2020-12-25
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

heightoffield Posted at 12-25 15:31
try this thread, it solved for me: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D765%26typeid%3D765

basically, you have to connect via usb, set the frequency to 2,8 ghz, then connect with the handle via wifi (before that: reset the pocket wifi network settings in the wifi settings ON YOUR PHONE). cheers.

Tried all that. Still the same result:  Connection Failed.
2020-12-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alevpi Posted at 12-25 22:23
I have 3 Android and 1 iOs devices do not have the ability to select a WI-Fi range and all devices have the latest version of DJI Mimo!

But I solved the problem with connecting the iPad Mini 5, just connected the Pocket 2 directly via the Lightning connector (USB), and then disconnected the adapter and connected the joystick and after that my iPad connected via WI-FI.

Tried all these suggestions ( not ipad, don't have one) but for Android the result is still the same - Connection Failed.
2020-12-28
Use props
djiuser_VIjouADksJuv
New

Egypt

Такая же самая проблема! Как решилось?
2021-4-18
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Blériot53 Posted at 2020-12-21 00:31
Hi DJI Gamora. I don't understand "performing a quick" in reference to the DJI Pocket 2. That has no meaning, please clarify.  As to the Network Reset suggested, it doesn't work on either device - the result is still the same.  I still have the one original smartphone (Android) which pairs without difficulty, so I am able to connect to this one device. But I cannot understand why my other two Android devices ( one tablet and one smartphone) will not connect whatever I try. I've followed the onscreen help popups in the Mimo App, but everything ends in failure.
Samsung Galaxy S9 - the one which connects successfully and with which I registered the Pocket2

I have been keeping a list of Mimo compatible phones not listed on DJI's official list (the thread is available at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190 ), and on this thread, username MKosmo has stated that he has succesfully used Samsung S7 with his Pocket 2. Possibly you could ask him how he did it?
2021-4-18
Use props
Henry05
New

United States

Blériot53 Posted at 2020-12-21 02:36
And what is worse. Now NONE of my devices will pair with the Pocket 2!  So your "advice" has left me in a worse situation than I was before   I cannot connect by wifi at all. This is unacceptable.

Me too! I tried two already none of the pocket 2 can be found on nimos app. Said no device found
2021-4-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Henry05 Posted at 4-22 21:01
Me too! I tried two already none of the pocket 2 can be found on nimos app. Said no device found

There have been a number of suggestions proposed on this thread - none of which work for me.  The ONLY device that the Pocket 2 will pair with is the one originally used to register it. All other devices fail to pair.
2021-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules