Can't Cancel Order within 34 minutes of placing
3173 35 2020-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
arroway17
lvl.1

United States

I placed an order at 8:58 pm last night Central Standard Time  (2:58:30 UTC).
At 9:32 PM CST (3:32 UTC) I was online with support and needed to cancel the order but was told it was too late (34 minutes after placing order, I was told it was already in shipping).

I will NOT be at the address when it is delivered. I will NOT be able to retrieve this package.

How will I get a refund? How will I be able to ensure the package is returned? I've never ordered from DJI before. Very frustrated. I realize it's not their fault I placed an order and then needed to immediately cancel, but it feels like I just spent a lot of money and no service from the get go is less than inspriring.

Thank you.

2020-12-21
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

You must know someone at/near the address?  BTW,  Contact your CC company and DJI and tell them both you are/have cancelled the order.

DJI can recall the package with their carrier.......KEEP in mind.....yes they are fast ( sometimes) but NOT that fast.

Randy
2020-12-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi arroway17, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. I've managed to get your order number via your forum account, as per check, it has been shipped out via FedEx, I'll forward your request to the corresponding team, our team will contact FedEx to try to stop the shipment, but we cannot guarantee if it will be successful, so you are also recommended to contact the courier to refuse the parcel, thanks.
2020-12-21
Use props
arroway17
lvl.1

United States

Thank you. I've reached out here, via support chat, via email and twitter, lol. There will absolutely not be anyone at the address. I was just surprised that in 34 minutes it was already shipped (although, according to Fed Ex, it actually wasn't - a label was created in that time frame, but it was not received by the courier in that time period).

I appreciate all the assistance I can get on this. Thank you so very much.
2020-12-22
Use props
arroway17
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-21 20:16
Hi arroway17, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. I've managed to get your order number via your forum account, as per check, it has been shipped out via FedEx, I'll forward your request to the corresponding team, our team will contact FedEx to try to stop the shipment, you are also recommended to contact the courier to refuse the parcel, thanks.

Any update on this cancellation? Thanks!
2020-12-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

arroway17 Posted at 12-22 20:31
Any update on this cancellation? Thanks!

Hi there, I am sorry that I have not received the confirmation, I will urge the team for the feedback.
2020-12-22
Use props
arroway17
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-22 23:29
Hi there, I am sorry that I have not received the confirmation, I will urge the team for the feedback.

Just wondering if any updates? I assume that your attempt to stop delivery was communicated to Memphis Fed Ex Headquarters so it is not delivered? Thanks.
2020-12-28
Use props
arroway17
lvl.1

United States

I tried talking with support since 32 minutes after placing the order. I have been in contact via this forum, via twitter, via email, via chat. It's been 10 days. The package was in Memphis waiting on clearance from 12/27 - 12/30 and the entire time support kept telling me they were trying to help.

This makes no sense. I know the folks at FEDEX would have responded, especially since it had to go through clearance in Memphis and was literally sitting in clearance for 3 days. There is NO ONE AT THE ADDRESS. I've been trying to say this. THERE IS NO ONE TO SIGN FOR THE PACKAGE.

And I now have been notified that you delivered it by leaving it at the door? No signature required? That's not good at all. This has to be stopped and returned to you. Please help. I've been trying to get assistance on this since 32 minutes after placing the order 10 days ago. Please help. FEDEX needs to go get this package ASAP. I did not sign for it. And if you don't go get it someone else is going to steal it.

"【DJI Store】Order: 0017054993158 Delivered

Dear Customer,

This order has already been delivered according to the courier company. Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, we have switched to a contactless delivery service. If your package is missing, damaged, or has any other issues, please contact us at support@dji.com.

Your DJI Credit (1% of your total purchase value) will be available to use approximately 15 days after delivery if no exchanges or refunds are made during this period. Thank you!
Order Details:

Order Number:

Order Time:

12/20/2020 21:58:30 (UTC-5)

Order Items:

Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 * 1

SanDisk Extreme microSD Card 128GB * 1

Phantom 4 Series Intelligent Flight Battery * 1

Phantom 4 Series Battery Charging Hub * 1

DJI Care Refresh (Phantom 4 Pro Series) * 1

Paid:

USD $2,002.00

2020-12-31
Use props
arroway17
lvl.1

United States

So, how can we get this package returned to you? Can someone get FedEX to go pick up the package? Today????
2020-12-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

arroway17 Posted at 12-31 05:59
So, how can we get this package returned to you? Can someone get FedEX to go pick up the package? Today????

Sorry for the late response. Your situation has been forwarded to the corresponding team, we'll confirm and keep you updated.
2020-12-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

arroway17 Posted at 2020-12-31 05:59

Hi there, sorry to have kept you waiting. According to FedEx, your order was delivered on Dec 30, 2020. We have forwarded your request to FedEx, FedEx will try to pick up the package but they are unable to guarantee if it will be successful. Under this situation, could you please try to pick up the package yourself? Thanks.
2021-1-3
Use props
arroway17
lvl.1

United States

I am NOT AT THIS ADDRESS which is what I have been saying since the moment I placed the order. I placed the order, realized I would not be at the address given (no one would be) then immediately tried to cancel. Got online with support, and 32 minutes after placing the order was told it was too late to cancel (really? 32 minutes?)

I was then repeatedly told by support that they would work with carrier to stop package. I also was told I could just "not sign" and the package would be returned.

There is NO ONE AT THAT ADDRESS.

And, for some reason, FED EX left $2000 package without signature. I was told signature required.
2021-1-4
Use props
arroway17
lvl.1

United States

I have requested help with this since literally the DAY I ORDERED. I have all this documented. Someone in the neighborhood was able to retrieve. It has not been opened. It needs to be returned and refunded. Please advise. Thank you.

Jeanne
2021-1-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

arroway17 Posted at 1-21 11:40
I have requested help with this since literally the DAY I ORDERED. I have all this documented. Someone in the neighborhood was able to retrieve. It has not been opened. It needs to be returned and refunded. Please advise. Thank you.

Jeanne

Hi Jeanne, we are deeply sorry for all the inconvenience caused. Glad to know that you have retrieved the drone, our team will follow up on your email and keep you updated soon.
2021-1-21
Use props
arroway17
lvl.1

United States

The packages have never been opened.

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-21 19:20
Hi Jeanne, we are deeply sorry for all the inconvenience caused. Glad to know that you have retrieved the drone, our team will follow up on your email and keep you updated soon.

IMG-5405_LI.jpg
IMG-5406.jpg
IMG-5405_LI.jpg
IMG-5406.jpg
IMG-5407_LI (2).jpg
IMG-5408.jpg
IMG-5411.jpg
2021-1-22
Use props
arroway17
lvl.1

United States

As you can see, the packages have never been opened.
2021-1-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

arroway17 Posted at 1-22 15:22
As you can see, the packages have never been opened.

Thanks for providing the pictures, I'll forward them to our corresponding team to follow up, our team will keep you updated via email.
2021-1-25
Use props
arroway17
lvl.1

United States

For anyone reading, this is is STILL NOT RESOLVED. I have been trying to get DJI to resolve this issue since 32 minutes after my original order. DJI did finally approve the refund (contingent on receiving the product back), but then they initially only sent one shipping label for ONE box (I had two boxes in my original shipment). The larger box containing the drone was returned and then we had to wait for DJI to send a label for the second box (containing charger, SD card, etc.) These labels have to be used specifically based on weights on the boxes. Then, finally the second label was received and the second box was returned to DJI as well.

UPS verified both boxes were received by DJI, yet, to date, I STILL HAVE NOT received a full refund.

It's outright theft. They took my money, they have their product and they will not give me a full refund.
2021-3-1
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

arroway17 Posted at 3-1 18:54
For anyone reading, this is is STILL NOT RESOLVED. I have been trying to get DJI to resolve this issue since 32 minutes after my original order. DJI did finally approve the refund (contingent on receiving the product back), but then they initially only sent one shipping label for ONE box (I had two boxes in my original shipment). The larger box containing the drone was returned and then we had to wait for DJI to send a label for the second box (containing charger, SD card, etc.) These labels have to be used specifically based on weights on the boxes. Then, finally the second label was received and the second box was returned to DJI as well.

UPS verified both boxes were received by DJI, yet, to date, I STILL HAVE NOT received a full refund.

Did this issue ever get resolved ?
2021-3-3
Use props
arroway17
lvl.1

United States

Not yet. Support has confirmed that they are in receipt of all the packages/product. But I am still waiting on the remainder of my refund. Note this order was from December. This is now March....
2021-3-3
Use props
lvl.2
Australia

Hey man I hope this is resolved by now I am kind of on the same boat. I tried to cancel my order 6 hours after making the purchase. Mind you the refund button was greyed out so I couldn’t just cancel and had to contact online support. They are pretty much telling me the same thing and that I should wait for the shipping confirmation so once that comes through they could then request a stop shipping order to DHL. I was iffy about it it didn’t make sense since at that time the package was still sitting at dji warehouse waiting for collection. Online support isn’t much of a help and in my situation I have to wait for the package to arrive so I could refuse the item for it to be directed back to dji. Not sure if it’s a good idea to refuse just incase the package just sits around dhl warehouse prolonging my refund approval. It’s really theft. They are so quick to take your money and really slow to assist you in anyway. Mind you I’ve ordered 3 other drones from the past.
2021-3-8
Use props
lvl.2
Australia

Along with the three drones I have bought in the past I bought a smart remote and the good old crystal sky. Dji are the apple of the drone world and yet they have terrible customer support after purchases.
2021-3-8
Use props
arroway17
lvl.1

United States

@_chinocen Posted at 3-8 05:54
Hey man I hope this is resolved by now I am kind of on the same boat. I tried to cancel my order 6 hours after making the purchase. Mind you the refund button was greyed out so I couldn’t just cancel and had to contact online support. They are pretty much telling me the same thing and that I should wait for the shipping confirmation so once that comes through they could then request a stop shipping order to DHL. I was iffy about it it didn’t make sense since at that time the package was still sitting at dji warehouse waiting for collection. Online support isn’t much of a help and in my situation I have to wait for the package to arrive so I could refuse the item for it to be directed back to dji. Not sure if it’s a good idea to refuse just incase the package just sits around dhl warehouse prolonging my refund approval. It’s really theft. They are so quick to take your money and really slow to assist you in anyway. Mind you I’ve ordered 3 other drones from the past.

Yep. This seems to be how they force delivery.
2021-3-9
Use props
arroway17
lvl.1

United States

Update - Finally received remainder of refund on March 8th. So, Ordered/paid in full for product on Dec 20 at 8:58 pm Central Standard Time  (2:58:30 UTC). Immediately realized mistake in shipping address and requested cancellation
At 9:32 PM CST  (a mere 34 minutes later).

And just now had this resolved on March 8. So two months and 16 days later...

But glad it's finally done! ;-)
2021-3-9
Use props
lvl.2
Australia

arroway17 Posted at 3-9 07:57
Yep. This seems to be how they force delivery.

It does seem that way.
2021-3-9
Use props
lvl.2
Australia

arroway17 Posted at 3-9 08:01
Update - Finally received remainder of refund on March 8th. So, Ordered/paid in full for product on Dec 20 at 8:58 pm Central Standard Time  (2:58:30 UTC). Immediately realized mistake in shipping address and requested cancellation
At 9:32 PM CST  (a mere 34 minutes later).

Glad your refund was issued and received! I just got an updated from DHL that the item is being redirected back to dji so it would take another 3-4 business days then another 7-14 days for the refund to be issued. I just hope it doesn't take 2 and a bit months for all this to resolve.
2021-3-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

@_chinocen Posted at 3-9 21:28
Glad your refund was issued and received! I just got an updated from DHL that the item is being redirected back to dji so it would take another 3-4 business days then another 7-14 days for the refund to be issued. I just hope it doesn't take 2 and a bit months for all this to resolve.

I am sorry for your case, I had replied to your post, please check.
2021-3-10
Use props
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 3-10 01:39

Will do and also it seems that the stop shipment request did not pull through. DHL was at my address with the drone so I have refused delivery and have informed that dji should have sent them instructions on redirecting the package.
2021-3-10
Use props
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 3-10 01:39

I have seen your recent post 20 or so hours ago. It's nothing new as I have been told the same thing by online agents countless times. The request for stop shipment order has failed. I have also replied to your most recent post yesterday.
2021-3-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

@_chinocen Posted at 3-10 22:15
I have seen your recent post 20 or so hours ago. It's nothing new as I have been told the same thing by online agents countless times. The request for stop shipment order has failed. I have also replied to your most recent post yesterday.

I had replied to your post: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 546&pid=2437388 and will keep follow up on it.
In order to better follow up, you are recommended to post the information on your post. Thanks for your kind understanding.
2021-3-11
Use props
GK4
lvl.1

United States

I'm in a similar situation and the support person in the chat has told me that address change is not possible. Instead he can help with the cancellation so i can re-order.

The issue is that i have not received any cancellation confirmation. The ETA is 2 business days. So since today is a Friday i have to wait until Wednesday to know if the order is cancelled successfully. This is just added stress.

After seeing some of these experiences I'm a little concern about this whole process too.

Can someone from DJI please help me.
2021-3-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GK4 Posted at 3-12 13:55
I'm in a similar situation and the support person in the chat has told me that address change is not possible. Instead he can help with the cancellation so i can re-order.

The issue is that i have not received any cancellation confirmation. The ETA is 2 business days. So since today is a Friday i have to wait until Wednesday to know if the order is cancelled successfully. This is just added stress.

Hi there, I am sorry for the inconvenience. I will ask the corresponding team to help to follow up on your case as soon as possible during working hours.
2021-3-12
Use props
GK4
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 3-12 22:45
Hi there, I am sorry for the inconvenience. I will ask the corresponding team to help to follow up on your case as soon as possible during working hours.

Any update on my order ? There was a cancellation request because address change was not possible on your side. Unfortunately there is no update yet.
2021-3-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GK4 Posted at 3-15 12:40
Any update on my order ? There was a cancellation request because address change was not possible on your side. Unfortunately there is no update yet.

Sorry to have kept you waiting. Our team has managed to stop the shipment of your order, you can send us an email to support@dji.com to change the address, or log in to your DJI account to cancel the order by clicking the cancellation request button. Thanks.
2021-3-15
Use props
lvl.2
Australia

GK4 Posted at 3-15 12:40
Any update on my order ? There was a cancellation request because address change was not possible on your side. Unfortunately there is no update yet.

What is the status of your order now? Any progress?
2021-3-20
Use props
GK4
lvl.1

United States

@_chinocen Posted at 3-20 22:27
What is the status of your order now? Any progress?

Cancellation went through fine. I re-ordered and now waiting for my drone to arrive.
2021-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules