Bump and Drop
823 5 2020-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rgp1942
lvl.3
United States

Does the Mini/Mini-2 with prop protectors on stop flying if you bump into something, or keep flying?  I have a Tello set up for FPV flying indoors, which turns out to be useless because if you bump into something the Tello shuts off and drops to the floor.  I'm considering buying a Mini and installing an AIO VTX on it for flying FPV indoors/outdoors, but if it shuts off when bumping into something like the Tello, I'm not interested.  Thanks.

2020-12-21
Use props
itsdavesdrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

No it doesn't drop. It bounces. I personally wouldn't recommend getting one for what you intend to do with it though. Get a tinyhawk or FPV tinywhoop kind of drone. The mini is a flycam, designed to take pics. Not really something designed to bounce around your house with.
2020-12-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, rgp1942. Thanks for reaching out! So far, we haven't tested this yet but whether it'll bump or shut off would depend on your speed and if that'll tip off the propellers. We strongly recommend using an FPV unit specifically designed for this scenario as this isn't a strong suit for both the Mavic Mini and Mini 2. Thanks for understanding.
2020-12-21
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

it flies into the wall/door/obstacle or whatever and then just continues, also see ...

2020-12-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Second the recommendation for a tiny whoop.
2020-12-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't think Mini or Mini2 will fit the bill for what you are trying to do.  I fly a Happymodel Mobula6 1S 65mm5.8G VTX Brushless TinyWhoop Drone with KV25000 brushless Motor.  It is light in weight (20 g), has a great FPV camera and very fast and fun to fly.
2020-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules