Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
com.google.process.gapps crashing DJI Pilot app
3045 22 2015-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sunsurfh2o
lvl.1
United States

nearly every other flight, at some point I get the following message, "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" and when it happens the DJI Pilot App freezes and I have to kill the task and quickly relaunch to continue flying. very nerve racking!

i'm using note 4 with lollipop and prior to flying I close all other apps, kill all tasks and clean cache using ES Task Manager. my phone is always placed in airplane mode, wifi off. i'm assuming this crash has something in common with google maps api that the pilot app uses.

a search for this turned up nothing here, am I the only one experiencing this?
2015-6-30
Use props
busclas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 609012 ft
United States

Nope, Samsung tab a sees that too.
2015-7-1
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

Same on Galaxy S5, Android 5.0
2015-7-1
Use props
Back to One
lvl.1

Hong Kong

this seems an common issue on Android phone.
2015-7-1
Use props
ibt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1928652 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

I have the same problem on both Sony Xperia Z3 tablet and Z4 tablet...

So I have installed version 1.1.0 again...
2015-7-2
Use props
NewfoundView
lvl.2
Flight distance : 150886 ft
Canada

I've completed about 20 flights and I don't think I've finished one without the "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" message. In my case the DJI app doen't lock up, but about one in 3 times it crashes and has to be restarted. It has never happened while doing something critical but I think that's just a matter of time.

I have tried just about everything, but no luck. Unless there is a solution soon I may have to switch to iPad Air 2 @ $500!. From what I've read, it appears the most stable. DJI isn't really helpful.

Currently using Google Nexus 7 II running 5.1.1

2015-7-3
Use props
Georgi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68825 ft
Poland

I have the same issue ! Note 3 lolipop 5.0
2015-7-3
Use props
PhantomAtAK
lvl.2

United States

I receive the error message nearly every long flight, black screen. I have to OK past and then restart the DJI Pilot app.

P3P
Nexus 9 - Lollipop 5.1.1
FW 1.2.6
DJI Pilot App 1.2.0
2015-7-4
Use props
PyrateJim
lvl.1

United States

PhantomAtAK Posted at 2015-7-4 22:27
I receive the error message nearly every long flight, black screen. I have to OK past and then resta ...

P3P
Galaxy S5, Android 5.0
Firmware 1.2.6
App 1.2.0

Happens to me every flight as well as when I turn everything on (minus the props) for trials or calibration while sitting at my kitchen table/counter.  Scars the crap out of me as I am not about to fly blind.
2015-7-10
Use props
donlam9x9
lvl.1
United States

PyrateJim Posted at 2015-7-10 22:24
P3P
Galaxy S5, Android 5.0
Firmware 1.2.6

I am now testing the DJI app 1.2.0 on an iPad mini 2. The display configuration is different in the following ways. In the iOS version 8.4, and from the Android versions 4.4 and 5.0:
07/12/2015

1. Home location map is now shown at the right bottom corner instead of the left.
2. The radar circle is now displayed at the left bottom corner instead of superimposing on the map.
3. VS and HS are now displayed, they were not shown in the Android versions.
4. The nose of the aircraft is now showing in approx. the right orientation in the radar circle.
5. The iOS version also has a glitch but does not crash, but with 2 announcements of ‘any mode’ at about running for 26 minutes, the flight mode display is shown correctly.
6. It has been running for 30 minutes without crashing, the longest test I had done yet.  

Testing is done on the bench w/o the props, motors in idling mode. Safe to fly alternates between with GPS and non-GPS depending on the fluctuating of numbers of satellites. The cutoff number is 8.

All my debugging’s suggest there is work to be done especially for the Android version.

Eagle3x8
2015-7-11
Use props
donlam9x9
lvl.1
United States

donlam9x9 Posted at 2015-7-12 13:54
I am now testing the DJI app 1.2.0 on an iPad mini 2. The display configuration is different in th ...

Another user has the same problem, watch at about time mark 23:54 of this video:
2015-7-12
Use props
williamjamesfpv
lvl.1

Canada

I have flown my P3A many times times and on all of my flights the DJI Pilot App has crashed. I get the following message: "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped". My device is the Samsung Galaxy S5, and this is actually a recommended device by DJI. Initially I thought it was my phone, maybe not enough space or something on my phone. So I took my phone to the Samsung store and the Samsung representative said "no way is space an issue" after seeing that I had hardly used any of the available memory on my phone. I have tried the following things with absolutely zero luck: Wi-Fi off, Airplane mode on, mobile data off, background apps closed, download manager process stopped/disabled temporarily, power cycling the phone, turning the pilot app on/off, upgrading firmware, and uninstalling/reinstalling the DJI Pilot App. None of this has worked, and I have read on many forums that this is an ongoing issue. DJI are you able to help me with this???  Pilots, is anyone else experiencing the same thing? Any fixes?  And please don't recommend that I switch to another device because this is a device that was recommended by DJI. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

William James
2015-7-19
Use props
nigel.mcfarland
New

United Kingdom

williamjamesfpv Posted at 2015-7-20 13:37
I have flown my P3A many times times and on all of my flights the DJI Pilot App has crashed. I get t ...

I got my P3A two weeks ago and updated the FW on both controller and aircraft before 1st flight.  I flew it for a week with no problems and then week two all the issues started. I could not understand why as I had changed nothing.
I took the task recommended by another user on here to downgraded the google services app and switch off auto update in play store.  It has worked for me and normal service has been resumed.
2015-8-2
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

This just started happening to me recently and randomly, but not every time i fly.  Not sure what changed to cause this as i have auto update features disabled, but my note 4 used to work flawlessly.  I think lollipop has some issues but it just started this week for me and i fly almost every day and have had lollipop for a while.  Im also running an older version of the pilot app.
2015-8-6
Use props
schizoframe36
lvl.1

Germany

nigel.mcfarland Posted at 2015-8-3 00:32
I got my P3A two weeks ago and updated the FW on both controller and aircraft before 1st flight.   ...

Please explain what you mean by "downgrading the google service app"

The app crashed occasionally but in my last session it happend very often. also the camera turned blue screen a couple of times and went into photo mode (I was filming before)

My set up are two nvidia shield with latest lollipop (16GB/32GB)
inspire 1

2015-8-7
Use props
tester01
lvl.1

Germany

PhantomAtAK Posted at 2015-7-4 22:27
I receive the error message nearly every long flight, black screen. I have to OK past and then resta ...

Same here ... on every long flight ... Yesterday I was at a demonstration, but after 15 minutes - App Crash (com.google.process.gapps)

P3P
FW 1.2.6 and 1.3.20
DJI Pilot App 1.1.0 (... because 1.2.0 do not work since Upgrade to Android 5.0.1 (no live image), only black sreen)
ASUS MeMo Pad 8 ME581CL (64-Bit Quad-Core 1,8 Ghz, 2 GB RAM) with Android 5.0.1 and 4.4.2

regards

Update: Sreenshot - App Crash (com.google.process.gapps) with MeMo Pad 8, on Android 4.4.2, Pilot App 1.2.0

Sreen App Crash

Sreen App Crash
2015-8-8
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

I am flying on downgraded google play services (to avoid video lag) and i do not have a com.google.process.gapps crash.
2015-8-8
Use props
lasuncion
lvl.2

Guam

How do you downgrade the google play service?
2015-8-9
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Poland

lasuncion Posted at 2015-8-10 07:35
How do you downgrade the google play service?

I clicked 'uninstall' in app manager. And it removed latest version and install stock.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-16777-1-1.html
We found solution (by downgrading google play services) on page 15
2015-8-10
Use props
Gluek
New
Flight distance : 5030 ft
Russia

Same problem was on my stock Nexus 5.
"Solved" it with old Nexus 7 (2012) tablet - full format (latest android 5.1.1), delete/stop all programs, disable wifi/bluetooth, only DJI Pilot app (1.2.0) - very stable, smooth picture.
Play services - version 6, can't disable it without root.
2015-8-10
Use props
sunsurfh2o
lvl.1
United States

Gluek Posted at 2015-8-10 21:33
Same problem was on my stock Nexus 5.
"Solved" it with old Nexus 7 (2012) tablet - full format (late ...

I reverted back to KitKat, downgraded Google Play services, and I have yet to see this issue no matter which Pilot app version I am running. I don't do anything else to limit apps etc.

Also currently testing Acer Iconia 8 ($150) and haven't seen any issues in 5 flights so far. It runs older version of KitKat, 4.4.2, which disables apps manager so I can't say what version of google play services I'm on. As long as I don't have issues, not planning to root anytime soon for this access.
2015-8-11
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Poland

btw, limiting an applications/processes in background, is not a good solution, because system can kill DJI app or some other service used by DJI app.
2015-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules