Anyway to use DJI FPV goggles with flight simulators?
35292 17 2020-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf6824d27
lvl.2

United States

There's a few videos showing using hdmi adapters to get DJI goggles to work with liftoff but performance is poor.
  Has anyone found a way to get DJI FPV goggles to work properly with flight simulators?
  Thanks
2020-12-22
Use props
GGEZ
First Officer
Flight distance : 373002 ft
United States

not sure, but I would love to know how to use them with liftoff
2020-12-23
Use props
flyfpv2020
lvl.2
Flight distance : 114206 ft
United States

Yep. I use them, its a bit bulky and the footage isnt really HD, it looks more like an analog signal in the goggles, but certainly works.

But, the way to do it is to use an HDMI to RCA converter, then an rca to 3.5mm which then goes into the goggles. Then you select AV in from the menu, hope that helps. Plenty of Youtube videos on how to do it. DJI wont let the video feed come out of the USB port, because they suck and want you to buy the smart controller, rather than just a monitor, otherwise this would be super super simple and full quality.
2020-12-24
Use props
fansf6824d27
lvl.2

United States

flyfpv2020 Posted at 12-24 21:29
Yep. I use them, its a bit bulky and the footage isnt really HD, it looks more like an analog signal in the goggles, but certainly works.

I seen those videos but the reviewers said the latency was off and low quality.
If the latency isn’t a problem I’ll likely give it a try.
For sim practice in goggles I can deal with no HD .
2020-12-24
Use props
flyfpv2020
lvl.2
United States

I’ve never had any latency issues and the converter I use was like $10 on Amazon. Never a latency issue, it’s real time.

DJI however, really need to get that usb c port doing more than just activating the device
2020-12-25
Use props
flyfpv2020
lvl.2
United States

I’ve never had any latency issues and the converter I use was like $10 on Amazon. Never a latency issue, it’s real time.

DJI however, really need to get that usb c port doing more than just activating the device
2020-12-25
Use props
fansf6824d27
lvl.2

United States

flyfpv2020 Posted at 12-25 01:23
I’ve never had any latency issues and the converter I use was like $10 on Amazon. Never a latency issue, it’s real time.

I’ll have to give them a try.
Thanks
2020-12-25
Use props
MisterSpyezFPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use my 4k cinema glasses for liftoff via my macbook pro which works well but I keep getting reminders on the sim saying it's running slow and has performance issues even after I lowered the graphics settings etc... the only other option is to upgrade my computer which I find hard to believe, it's a 2020 macbook pro?
2020-12-29
Use props
fansf6824d27
lvl.2

United States

I'm using an iMac and it has lightning ports but I can't get any display in goggles.
Is anyone using iMac and if so how do you get hdmi out? I have hdmi to AV out converter but just a blue screen.
Any help or links to videos Id be greatful

2021-1-5
Use props
djiuser_azVAg8sVyn7M
New

United States

fansf6824d27 Posted at 1-5 13:58
I'm using an iMac and it has lightning ports but I can't get any display in goggles.
Is anyone using iMac and if so how do you get hdmi out? I have hdmi to AV out converter but just a blue screen.

I’m having the same issue any fix yet ? I have the hdmi to rca adapter as well no luck
2021-4-6
Use props
fansf6824d27
lvl.2

United States

djiuser_azVAg8sVyn7M Posted at 4-6 12:39
I’m having the same issue any fix yet ? I have the hdmi to rca adapter as well no luck

I kept getting black and white rolling screen and it’s likely wrong format.I just go fly outside or use sim without goggles.
2021-4-6
Use props
Plasmo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17907 ft
United States

Other than Liftoff,  anyone know any other software titles that work with the DJI remote?  
2021-4-8
Use props
fansf6824d27
lvl.2

United States

Plasmo Posted at 4-8 05:12
Other than Liftoff,  anyone know any other software titles that work with the DJI remote?

You might visit this link. Oscar is very knowledgeable about quads and I’ve used his website to build several quads.
He lists several on this link https://oscarliang.com/free-quad ... multirotor-trainer/
2021-4-8
Use props
manc01
lvl.3
Flight distance : 96880 ft
Australia

Plasmo Posted at 4-8 05:12

DRL, Velocidrone, FPV Freerider are all able to use the controller.
2021-4-8
Use props
Cesium356
lvl.2

United States

fansf6824d27 Posted at 2021-4-6 19:35
I kept getting black and white rolling screen and it’s likely wrong format.I just go fly outside or use sim without goggles.

I had this and the cable chain between the HDMI and RCA had and issue. First try easing out the goggles plug one band to remove the ground. Fussy, but maybe a piece of tape or find an adapter, or do surgery on the plug. 2nd, check your audio channels (really). The RCA-to-goggles cable I color matched (as one would) to the HDM-RCA adapter which is plugged HDMI-end into the iMac. I got a scrambled feed.  I swapped the red/yellow audio connectors and was stunned to see the picture cleared up.
2022-1-7
Use props
Cesium356
lvl.2

United States

fansf6824d27 Posted at 2021-1-5 13:58

I hope this isn't the case for you, but I had a blue screen as well. No signal from the computer.  Then I looked carefully at my black-box signal converter. It was AV-in to HDMI-out box. They aren't bi-directional as they're either analog-to-digital or digital-to-analog.   I got an HDMI to AV box and it worked.   Good luck.
2022-1-7
Use props
fans76648f5d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124501 ft
United States

Yes I saw some YouTube videos about this
2022-1-16
Use props
Janeves
New
United States

Anyway to use DJI Integra goggles with flight simulators?
2023-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules