Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LondonCat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19203 ft
United Kingdom

I see this has been posted about before, but never seemed to reach a solution

Got a Mini 2 for Christmas.

Charged all the batteries before hooking everything up.

Switched everything on, loaded the app and was told a F/W update was available.

Installed that (01.01.0700 and 02.00.1101).

Turned on the motors, launched a couple of feet off the ground a couple of times, then noticed the Gimbal Calibration error message.

Tried auto-calibrating the gimbal - no obvious response.

Tried manually calibrating yhe gimbal - the on-screen controls controls (+ and -) for Horizontal and Yaw don't change the values displayed (0.3 in both cases).

The gimbal wheel does nothing.

2020-12-27
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

You did remove the plastic cover that is over the gimbal, I supose ?

If not removed, you can burn the motors of the gimbal. If that wasn't the case, It looks like you have a defective unit.
2020-12-27
Use props
LondonCat
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Yes - cover removed.

Did all the preflight checks, did a coulpe of launches and landings (only a foot or two off the ground - this is my first unit) then noticed the error.

There was a lot to take in when operating for the first time, so didn't notice if this error was present right from the start
2020-12-27
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

LondonCat Posted at 12-27 06:37
Yes - cover removed.

Did all the preflight checks, did a coulpe of launches and landings (only a foot or two off the ground - this is my first unit) then noticed the error.

then you better have it replaced. If you bought it from a local shop, try to have it replaced. Otherwise contact DJI support.

I'm affraid it was a DOA.
2020-12-27
Use props
LondonCat
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks for your quick reply.

I got it directly from DJI
2020-12-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there LondonCat. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. May we know before this issue happened to the said DJI  drone ever encounter a crash or hard landing? Kindly please try to restart the drone and refresh the latest firmware for the drone and calibrate the gimbal again. If the issue persists, you can send the drone in for service https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav. Again I am sorry and thank you for your understanding.
2020-12-27
Use props
LondonCat
lvl.4
United Kingdom

No crashes, not even been outdoors.

Unboxed Christmas afternoon, charged all the batteries (Combo kit), in the evening started the motors and got a 'Unable to take off (no GPS) message. Stopped the motors and packed up.

Next day had another look, (again indoors) but this time tapped on the Unable to take off message and noticed the Gimbal Calibration error message.

Have restarted the aircraft numerous times.

Just went to refresh the firmware and got an Updated firmaware message.

Installed that (v01.02.0000 and RC v02.00.1200)but gimbal still dead.

Strongly suspect this was supplies as a faulty unit as playing back the data from that first start up shows the Gimbal calibration error
2020-12-28
Use props
djiuser_pfC3YwE4rFij
New
United States

i wish someone found a solution to this i have crashed due to my gimbal shaking around like crazy and i couldn’t see anything.
2021-1-5
Use props
djiuser_evLI99NM4Kqu
New
United States

LondonCat Posted at 2020-12-28 08:17
No crashes, not even been outdoors.

Unboxed Christmas afternoon, charged all the batteries (Combo kit), in the evening started the motors and got a 'Unable to take off (no GPS) message. Stopped the motors and packed up.

Not sure if you’ve sent your unit in for repair yet but I had the same error on my never used mini 2. The gimbals arms were “jammed” up inside the body a tiny bit. The slightest pull released them and all is well now. Worth a look.
2021-1-8
Use props
LondonCat
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_evLI99NM4Kqu Posted at 1-8 16:59
Not sure if you’ve sent your unit in for repair yet but I had the same error on my never used mini 2. The gimbals arms were “jammed” up inside the body a tiny bit. The slightest pull released them and all is well now. Worth a look.

Yes I have sent it back to DJI Neherlands for a replacement - this unit did not work from unboxing.

The gimbal wasn't jammed - it was totally unresponsive.

The response from DJI is rubbish - I'm expecting a replacement for a faulty unit and it's already 2 weeks in ..
2021-1-9
Use props
Ram85
lvl.2
Flight distance : 447841 ft
South Africa

I've found a solution to the 40011 error code and made a video explaining the steps on how to fix it.
2021-3-10
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

Ok, but how remove gimbal error from mini 2?
2021-3-10
Use props
Sinkfish
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4534 ft
Philippines

The same error here. But I can still take picture, videos and flying around. I'm hoping it's just a glitch/bug in software and will be refresh in new firmware updates.
Aircraft: 1.02.0300
RC: 01.00.01.19
App: 1.3.0 (Android)

Screenshot_20210322-170752316io.jpg
2021-3-23
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

Sinkfish Posted at 3-23 21:06
The same error here. But I can still take picture, videos and flying around. I'm hoping it's just a glitch/bug in software and will be refresh in new firmware updates.
Aircraft: 1.02.0300
RC: 01.00.01.19
[Image]

Unfortunately, as long as there is no firmware that will perform the full calibration of the gimbal, it is not possible to fix the problem. The website probably lists the gimbal and motherboard anyway. This is what they did with my drone, even though the error appeared after the software upgrade.
2021-5-29
Use props
Francis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

Thanks for sharing
2021-5-29
Use props
djiuser_UJOKZ1OzG0pQ
New

Iran

Ram85 Posted at 3-10 12:00
I've found a solution to the 40011 error code and made a video explaining the steps on how to fix it.
https://youtu.be/5z8QmE1i2PM

Hi
Where can i see the video you posted about 40011 gimbal calibration error?
2021-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules