Video transmission issue. Unflyable through the app
590 2 2020-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarMcD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1479610 ft
Ireland

I recently have been having problem with the video transmission on my Mavic Air 2. There seems to be an increased delay in video transmission, more than a second, after the last few updates, making it difficult to fly by the app. There is a bigger issue when I am recording video. It has a load of weird artifacting to say the least, it is unflyable. Its like this in every video mode.

With video recording:

Without video recording:

The video settings used in this clip are 4k@ 60fps, D-Cinelike, MP4, H.265 (It's the only option), auto exposure and white balance
The drone was never further than 300m from me, I even have this issue when it is sitting on the ground next to me.
The transmission settings:
Definition = Smooth
Frequency = Dual-band

It was a bit foggy when I recorded this so that is why it looks a misty

2020-12-27
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

DarMcD,

I had a simliar issue using an iPhone.  The lightning port had debris in it which prevented the cable from communicating properly.  

It began with a delay of a few sends and eventually increased to where I was unable to reasonably get a location of the drone from the video and finally froze.  This happened several flights in a row and I was luckily able to bring it home.

Cleaning out the lint and debris in the lightning port resolved this issue for me.  I do not know if USB Micro or USB C are as susceptible to this issue or it the ability to clean the port  as simple as the lightning port.
2020-12-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DarMcD. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. In addition to JohnLietzke post on post #2. Can you please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Can you also please fly your DJI Mavic Air 2 to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? In addition please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

2020-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules