Mavic Air 2 vs Mavic 2 Zoom
4844 9 2020-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lvl.2
United States

Does anybody have both, Mavic Air 2 and Mavic 2 Zoom and can talk about their experience and which one they would recommend for which reason?

I did my google and youtube research, looking for a personal opinion here.
2020-12-27
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

if i would could only own one it would be the m2z.  but since i have both, i fly the ma2 much more often.  if i were recommending someone to buy not knowing exactly the need, i would recommend ma2.
2020-12-27
Use props
lvl.2
United States

The Saint Posted at 12-27 19:03
if i would could only own one it would be the m2z.  but since i have both, i fly the ma2 much more often.  if i were recommending someone to buy not knowing exactly the need, i would recommend ma2.

I mainly do short promo videos for small businesses and personal lifestyle videos. Your input is really helpful. How come if you had to decide you’d go with the zoom but for someone else you’d recommend the ma?
2020-12-27
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

727 Posted at 12-27 19:15
I mainly do short promo videos for small businesses and personal lifestyle videos. Your input is really helpful. How come if you had to decide you’d go with the zoom but for someone else you’d recommend the ma?

others will have a different opinion but i would recommend the ma2 to other because price is probably a factor and the m2z is still pretty expensive.  most people don't need the zoom or a smart controller or waypoints....but i guess the ma2 has zoom and sc now.  i still love my first drone m2z because it's solid, i can use the goggles, and if there's ever is a "dependable" drone, this is one of them.  but i can't recommend 3 year old tech to my friends.
2020-12-27
Use props
lvl.2
United States

Fpv goggles? Can you use those on the ma2 as well?

I’m not really seeing much benefit in the smart controller but the additional side sensors for obstacle avoidance on the zoom vs the air sound good.

From what I read the zoom on the ma2 is digital so I don’t think that does much. I understand it’s optical on the m2zoom
2020-12-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there 727. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. For additional reference I will post a link where in you can compare the specifications of both the DJI Mavic Air 2 to the DJI  Mavic 2 Zoom ( https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav ). Thank you.

2020-12-27
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Picture quality is very important.  The ma2 has better photo and video quality. Therefore, get the ma2 and its cheaper.
2020-12-27
Use props
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-27 22:00
Hello there 727. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. For additional reference I will post a link where in you can compare the specifications of both the DJI Mavic Air 2 to the DJI  Mavic 2 Zoom ( https://www.dji.com/products/comparison-consumer-drones?site=brandsite&from=nav ). Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks you don’t have videos taken with both to compare by any chance?
2020-12-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

727 Posted at 12-28 17:57
Thanks you don’t have videos taken with both to compare by any chance?

Hi there 727. Thank you for the reply and for the additional information you have give. Again thank you for your support and Happy New Year to you and to your family. .
2020-12-29
Use props
alloffroad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6339409 ft
  • >>>
Australia

In this video Series I use both

The Mavic 2 Air for me resets the file count from time to time which means I have duplicate file numbers I'm just in contact with Support about it. I also use the Tap fly feature often on the M2Z
2020-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules