DJI/Request: How about dynamic homepoint ?
1273 7 2020-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Hello,
I often use the Mini for walks and hikes, which means I start it at the "Initial Homepoint" and then walk on, circle around me or do "manual follow me". In the event of a defect and so that the drone does not fly hundreds of meters back to the homepoint, I regularly update it, but this is annoying or sometimes forgotten. I know that I can use Litchi because it is implemented there, but I wonder why the Flyapp doesn't offer this feature? DJI any concerns about this small but very very useful feature? This request actually affects all apps for all DJI drones, if they still haven't this feature.

2020-12-28
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

True, just add a soft button on the screen wich reset HP to the current postion. Same function as open menu and click on OK in the reset HP menu.

5 lines of code, 2 minutes work   and many FlyApp users so happy!!

Or make it update every * seconds  [ * = user value in a menu ]

cheers
JJB

2020-12-28
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

devils advocate; i''m launching from the beach and i have dynamic home point turned on to refresh every 5 minutes.  i walk out into the ocean for a few seconds (in which the home point is refreshed).  in just a few minutes, i've reached my new destination at another dry spot on the beach and all of a sudden my remote/phone blow up.
2020-12-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there jonny007. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information and your insights with regards to this matter. I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support and fly safe always.
2020-12-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree.  Would be very useful and definitely not to hard to implement code wise.
2020-12-29
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

The Saint Posted at 12-28 12:35
devils advocate; i''m launching from the beach and i have dynamic home point turned on to refresh every 5 minutes.  i walk out into the ocean for a few seconds (in which the home point is refreshed).  in just a few minutes, i've reached my new destination at another dry spot on the beach and all of a sudden my remote/phone blow up.

So you fly with the drone over the sea, go swimming (of course with the remote control), come back to another place and meanwhile your cell phone, which you forgot under the sunshade, explodes? Never mind, because at the same time a bottle of coke falls on your head that a pilot threw from his glider.  ;-)
For these certainly very common cases, the switch can also be set to OFF. Ok, if you plan always to stay at the same place, it makes no sense to switch it on, but I think some pilots are flying and walking at the same time. Incidentally, Litchi has a fixed update interval of about 8 seconds...tested it today.

2020-12-29
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

jonny007 Posted at 12-29 10:01
So you fly with the drone over the sea, go swimming (of course with the remote control), come back to another place and meanwhile your cell phone, which you forgot under the sunshade, explodes? Never mind, because at the same time a bottle of coke falls on your head that a pilot threw from his glider.  ;-)
For these certainly very common cases, the switch can also be set to OFF. Ok, if you plan always to stay at the same place, it makes no sense to switch it on, but I think some pilots are flying and walking at the same time. Incidentally, Litchi has a fixed update interval of about 8 seconds...tested it today.

you missed the point.
2020-12-29
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

The original Mavic Pro has a sort of dynamic homepoint in the Follow Me feature -- sadly, it doesn't work very well and my guess is that this is why DJI removed the feature in later models.
2020-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules