Pilot App 1.2.0 Gimbal Bug and Elevated Frustration Level
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1087028 ft
United States

I have to say I am getting tired of rush to updates from DJI.  The day I upgraded to DJI Pilot App to 1.2.0 my gimbal has had an overloaded error.  I have tried un-installing and re-installing the app... No luck.  I have tried powering off and cooling down the P3 then powering on and re-calibrating the IMU, gimbal and the compass... No such luck, still the gimbal overloaded error continues.  It works perfect tracks and shoots both video and stills just fine.  I have contacted DJI and they have said to calibrate the IMU and gimbal and if it still has the error don't worry about as long as it's working. It's just that I am the type of person that goes nuts when errors keep going off.  Funny thing is, I have the old pilot app on my iPhone and I don't get the gimbal overloaded error. I just can't stand using the postage stamp size screen when using the camera.

This evening I went to fly my P3 because I needed to discharge my battery, it has almost been three days.  I went up to the park by my house and forgot to bring my ice pack that I have to use on my iPad to keep the processor from overheating so the video is not choppy and freezing up. To be honest I didn't think I would need it, it's warm this evening about 95°F but there is no sunlight since it was dusk. Well... I needed it because five minuets into the flight the video started freezing up.  So here I am flying my $1300 P3P when I started to get very angry.

Why did I pay 100% of my hard earned money for something that has only been working 70% at best.  I have been very patient, three months worth of patients. I have had to come up with my own patch for my tablet overheating issue, it is a hassle but it does works.

I just wish that before DJI releases any updates firmware or otherwise, they should do some serious environmental real world testing. Come to think of it, DJI released the P3 productline way to prematurely.

Please DJI, stop shipping out anymore P3s.   Buckle down and get the ones that your current customers have fixed and fix them right so we can use and enjoy 100% of what we paid for.  After you get all the bugs and other issues fixed, then and only then should you resume new order fulfillment.  Trust me you will receive much higher customer praise for the P3 in this forum.

-Dog

Gimbal Error

Gimbal Error
2015-7-1
Use props
Clear Skies
lvl.1

South Africa

Hi Dog.... sorry to say but you're wasting ur time with 1.2.0. I had the same frustrating experiences with even more unexplained app crashes and erratic bahaviour. Ive uninstalled the crappy ver 1.2.0 and re-installed ver 1.1.0, problems solved.
2015-7-1
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
United States

Clear Skies Posted at 2015-7-2 13:25
Hi Dog.... sorry to say but you're wasting ur time with 1.2.0. I had the same frustrating experience ...

Where did you get that version? I would do the same but the App Store doesn't offer it nor does iTunes on my PC.

-Dog
2015-7-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I must be getting over tired. Yeah that's it. I just need to sleep and dream.

I thought he asked for info where to download  older version 1.1.0?

I best shut it down, and get some REM. My eyes are getting tired, which means my brain is too. ;-)

Good night.

RedHotPoker
2015-7-2
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
United States

young.selina@ro Posted at 2015-7-2 18:04
Try the app store icon on the IOS device - under updates the new version 1.2 is listed as availabl ...

Thanks for the help.  I have the new version, I am looking for the old one.

-Dog
2015-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules