Latest Firmware version not available...
891 10 2020-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pajomota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 710197 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Hi. I´m flying my mini 2 from my Xiaomi Mi9 T Pro and it performs without issues despite it is not listed as compatible. Nevertheless i can not get the last firmware update (Aircraft Firmware: v01.01.0700) . I switched to my Samsung S6 tablet which gave me immediately the new firmware. Is it convenient to fly it with the APP version V1.2.2 which is not yet available in Google playstore, but i can get it from DJI download area or should i continue to fly wih V1.2.1? I´ve been hearing some complaints about latest firmware and APP versions... Thanks.
2020-12-29
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

well Pajomota,

there are a lot people complaining about a lot of problems on the former firmware and the v1.2.1 as well.

Some problems like the color shift in pano's in Adobe software and the orange line on the 4K video's are solved. Some extra features where introduced. And like always people are claiming the new firmware and software the cause of the problems they have.
I'm running v1.2.2 on a Samsung S20 fe and the latest firmware on the drone and controller. My drone does not drift and behaves normal.

Listed compatible only means that DJI has tested it. A lot of other devices might work as well. They didn't test it, so no garantee it will work 100%.

We cannot decide for you if using v1.2.1 is a better choice for you or will the v1.2.2 work on your Xiaomi. You can always uninstall and install the old version if it doesn't suit you.

Before flying far, test your aircraft nearby and test if it does all of the functions, fly up, down, left, right, check on stability, see if your aircraft drifts before taking it on a ride,...
Check you got enough satelites before taking off. Leave it floating in front of you for a minute, if it drifts, put it down and calibrate your IMU. Then test again.
2020-12-29
Use props
Mini2 Flyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4347785 ft
Australia

JohnDG Posted at 12-29 06:58
well Pajomota,

there are a lot people complaining about a lot of problems on the former firmware and the v1.2.1 as well.

This is great advice, I wish a few more people on here had your common sense.
2020-12-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Pajomota. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Xiaomi Mi9 T Pro ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Xiaomi Mi9 T Pro will be able to work on the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mini 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ). Thank you.
2020-12-29
Use props
Pajomota
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

JohnDG Posted at 2020-12-29 06:58
well Pajomota,

there are a lot people complaining about a lot of problems on the former firmware and the v1.2.1 as well.

Thanks for your answer. As i said my problem is the error on the compass, nothing more. It flys perfectly but for me not to be able to see the orientation of the aircraft is a serious problem. Maybe i'm wrong but it seems to me that it is not a compatibility issue. The 90 degrees error is a compass error. If the latest aircraft firmware is compatible with the previous app version that´s what I´ll do but  I wish I hadn´t to.
2021-1-5
Use props
Pajomota
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

Mini2 Flyr Posted at 2020-12-29 13:23
This is great advice, I wish a few more people on here had your common sense.

Common sense? What's wrong with people with problems ask for directions?
2021-1-5
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

Pajomota Posted at 1-5 03:52
Common sense? What's wrong with people with problems ask for directions?

Pajomota,

I think what he meant is there is too much discussing going sometimes, instead of helping out people. We all have to start somewhere. And what might be logical for long time experienced people, might not so obvious when you start. Some people tend to forget that the forum is meant to help each other.
2021-1-5
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

Pajomota Posted at 1-5 03:50
Thanks for your answer. As i said my problem is the error on the compass, nothing more. It flys perfectly but for me not to be able to see the orientation of the aircraft is a serious problem. Maybe i'm wrong but it seems to me that it is not a compatibility issue. The 90 degrees error is a compass error. If the latest aircraft firmware is compatible with the previous app version that´s what I´ll do but  I wish I hadn´t to.

the 90 degree issue seems to be software as there was lately another firmware update. From other people I heard it as improved.
2021-1-5
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

I heard once updated to 1.2.2 you can't roll back the software any longer!
2021-1-5
Use props
Pajomota
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

videoeditman Posted at 1-5 07:10
I heard once updated to 1.2.2 you can't roll back the software any longer!

Since last version is not on google store you can uninstall the latest from DJI website and install the previous from google store.
2021-1-5
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

videoeditman Posted at 1-5 07:10
I heard once updated to 1.2.2 you can't roll back the software any longer!

in some cases rollback from firmware is not possible. If you deinstall the app and reinstall it, you can use a different version. But, it is possible that some of the firmware features are not supported on older versions of the app.
You can find apk websites with some older versions. Or you can start collecting them yourself every time there's a new version on the dji website.
Firmware rollbacks are a different story.
2021-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules