Aircraft orientation
1496 11 2020-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans745dc953
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76198 ft

United States

I’m fairly new to the mavic mini. Been flying for about s month with no problems. One day the aircraft orientation in the bottom central of the DJI fly app just disappeared, I tried all the settings, I re downloaded the app checked for firmware updates. How to I get the aircraft orientation back??
2020-12-30
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

This might help...  
DJI Fy would have updated to 1.2.2 and that has the changes. Assume you are on IOS?
2020-12-30
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

1.2.2 for Android has been available for days now, just not on Google Play.

OP, you do not get it back. It was replaced by an inferior version.

2020-12-30
Use props
reguza64
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60375420 ft
Indonesia

GaryDoug Posted at 12-30 19:29
1.2.2 for Android has been available for days now, just not on Google Play.

OP, you do not get it back. It was replaced by an inferior version.

For me still no good design, I have tested on android. The good one is from GoApp radar, HP at the center and aircraft going out.
2020-12-30
Use props
fans745dc953
lvl.1

United States

Bussty Posted at 12-30 18:54
This might help...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORbSTt3Ht1M&feature=emb_title
DJI Fy would have updated to 1.2.2 and that has the changes. Assume you are on IOS?

So this replaced the semi circle on the bottom center of the screen, I didn’t upgrade my firmware until after it disappeared,  
2020-12-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. For additional reference I will post the the meaning of each icon as follows:

Blue arrow: Where the Aircraft nose is facing
Green Light under Blue Arrow: The direction of the cradle head camera
White N icon: Due north
Yellow H icon: Return Home Point position
Blue dots: Mobile device location; The triangle icon points to the orientation of the remote control (mobile device compass)
Two white lines:  refers to the plane's attitude, the fuselage leans forward, the white line is tilted to the upper part of the attitude ball, the fuselage leans left, the white the line is tilted to the left of the attitude ball; When the fuselage leans forward perpendicular to the ground white line reaches the top of the attitude ball.
(1) The proportion of the white line to the attitude ball represents the forward and backward tilt Angle of the aircraft.
(2) The left-right tilt degree of the white line represents the left-right tilt Angle of the aircraft.

What is the center of the attitude ball?
The center point of the attitude ball is the position of the aircraft.

Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-12-30
Use props
fans745dc953
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-30 21:43
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. For additional reference I will post the the meaning of each icon as follows:

Blue arrow: Where the Aircraft nose is facing

Too complicated, the semi circle was simple & easy, I just want to know the direction my drone is facing, any way of rolling back the firmware??
2020-12-31
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Firmware ? More likely the app, uninstall the current, install an older one.
2020-12-31
Use props
fans745dc953
lvl.1

United States

jonny007 Posted at 12-31 09:27
Firmware ? More likely the app, uninstall the current, install an older one.

I’ve all ready tried that. My iPhone 8 tells me that the app isn’t trusted & won’t let it install
2020-12-31
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

Bussty Posted at 12-30 18:54
This might help...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORbSTt3Ht1M&feature=emb_title
DJI Fy would have updated to 1.2.2 and that has the changes. Assume you are on IOS?

That was very helpful.
What is the in lower left for.
2020-12-31
Use props
cLaNzKiLLeR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1360007 ft
Malaysia

Hope this animated + real time video can help to visualize and understand it better.
2021-1-6
Use props
Adrian_here
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1322 ft
United Kingdom

I had the central orientation display and then like you found it had just disappeared. Having had a look at the replacement display the only way I can get to grips with it is to imagine myself in the drone looking out from it, rather than viewing the drone from the controller/home point. I wonder if it would have been better to place the controller/home point centrally and then have the drone moving around in the circle?
2021-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules