Does anybody know HOW to update the Ronin with the new firmware?
15094 7 2015-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tgraustin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3396490 ft
United States

Can't find anything online and nothing from DJI tells you how to update the actual unit
2015-7-2
Use props
finnschi
lvl.1
Germany

Just download the new Assistant in thew Ronins download section. (V 1.8)

http://www.dji.com/product/ronin/download

Turn on the Ronin THEN connect the usb cable, go to the update section and update both the IMU and the GCU firmware after each other (does not matter in what order) and then make sure you follow these instructions after the update:

Be sure to click Default after the firmware upgrade, otherwise the Ronin may not function properly.
● Be sure to restart and then calibrate your Ronin after the firmware upgrade to prevent it from drifting. Click Calibrate System to begin the calibration, and restart
the Ronin again after the calibration is complete. (During the calibration, it is normal for the motors to power off, and you must not touch the Ronin.)
● It is normal for your Ronin to shake momentarily when the Auto Tune Stability function is configuring the stiffness settings.
● The motors will exhibit more stiffness for the same stiffness values after the firmware update. Adjust the stiffness values if necessary. It is recommended that you
increase the tilt axis stiffness value if the Auto Tune Stability function configures a value below 30.
● The zero value of the SmoothTrack deadband has be adjusted so that it now represents absolute zero, improving the control accuracy of the Ronin when handheld
stationary. With the new scale, it is highly recommended to set the SmoothTrack deadband of each axis to 5 or above during any kind of movement to achieve the
optimal performance.
● It is highly recommended that you adjust the stiffness settings by hand if you are in Silent Mode.

2015-7-2
Use props
tgraustin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3396490 ft
United States

OK - So I've installed the new Assistant application on my Mac - now what? connect the Ronin unit to my Mac?
2015-7-2
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

tgraustin Posted at 2015-7-3 04:17
OK - So I've installed the new Assistant application on my Mac - now what? connect the Ronin unit to ...

Correct, turn on your Ronin and connect it to your MAC with an USB cable, go to Upgrade in the Assistant Software, click on the new version and it will automatically upgrade, please follow the release note on our website to do after the upgrade
http://download.dji-innovations. ... elease_notes_en.pdf
2015-7-3
Use props
mike.flyingfrog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21365 ft

Hi. I'm trying to upgrade my Ronin Firmware. I've downloaded the zip file to my Mac and have the asssistant app on my phone but there doesn't seem to be any way to access the app on my Mac in order to actually upgrade.... it just shows up as an app on my phone... which has no option within the software to upgrade the firmware.. it just tells me that there is new firmware available when I connect to the Ronin.
2016-3-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

mike.flyingfrog Posted at 2016-3-25 03:10
Hi. I'm trying to upgrade my Ronin Firmware. I've downloaded the zip file to my Mac and have the ass ...

Please note that only the Assistant Software for PC support the firmware upgrade.
Please install the latest Assistant Software in your PC and connect to your Ronin for upgrading.
Here is the download link: http://www.dji.com/product/ronin/info#downloads
2016-3-25
Use props
Muckdiver
lvl.1
United States

how long does it take to update firmware on a ronin-m?
2017-7-2
Use props
Aaron B
New
Canada

Muckdiver Posted at 2017-7-2 17:51
how long does it take to update firmware on a ronin-m?

Hi Muck Diver, also curious how long this takes?.. ANYONE.... BUELER?
2018-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules