I've found the following camera settings mentioned in a few places:

- 24 FPS
- Shutter Speed at 2 time FPS - Use ND Filter if necessary
- WB manual
- LOG profile
- Sharpness -2
- Contrast -3
- Saturation -2

Are these the very best "one size fit all" settings to film in 4K?
Why "one size fit all"? Because I don't want to (re)adjust settings all the time depending on the surrounding. I'm not a professional and have no intention of producing professional looking video, just "good" looking one
Maybe by just keeping everything at "Auto" will do the trick...you tell me. But so far, I was able to produce much better looking videos from my Vision+ and all that without any kind of post-processing or color grading; so I'm pretty sure something must be adjusted/changed on the P3.

I know the LOG profile produce something quite flat, unsaturated and dull to watch. What do you do in term of "Post-Processing" to get good looking videos out of this?

What are YOUR very best settings?

Ladies and Gentlemen...start typing
2015-7-2
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

The photographer in me bristles at ANY one-size-fits-all settings discussion, however by its definition, a manual white balance cannot be one-size-fits-all, right?

The only thing I agree with in your list is setting the shutter speed to 1/fps

If you want a one-size-fits-all setting, why not just shoot in auto?

Do yourself a favor: learn to use your camera so whatever the situation, you're prepared.
2015-7-2
Use props
Nick Martin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

dmwierz Posted at 2015-7-3 03:28
The photographer in me bristles at ANY one-size-fits-all settings discussion, however by its definit ...

That's a very good point.

I've never genuinely dabbled with video until buying my P3P, and my background is photography.

However there's a lot of photography knowledge that's relevant  to videography, and therefore there's a big crossover. My advice would be the same... Learn a lot more about photography, settings and principles, then you'll find the transition to DNG file processing, settings, LUTS, histograms, exposure  etc a lot easier.

Nick
2015-7-2
Use props
SacTownRob
lvl.1

United States

Where are you findng these settings to modify?
2015-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules