Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
1320frank
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2624856 ft
United States

robrogkr Posted at 2015-7-28 03:00
Frank,
to show in Pilot app the correct version after update, sometimes you need to do the follow ...

Ok I followed suggestion and 1st time it did not change. I restarted pilot app and it displayed N/A. I restarted pilot app an additional 3 times and each displayed 1.1.9.

I also just came in from my 1st flight since down grading and my P3P flies like a million dollars once again. VPS functioned flawlessly along with all other features.

Btw, for those that may not know, version 1.1.8 has 32 video channels which is why those who tried were able to fly around 2.5 miles out of the box. Version 1.2.6 has 8 video channels to scan from. Also if you should plan to upgrade firmware in the future, always wait 2-3 weeks after the update has came out so you and others can learn what all was really changed or updated in whatever version.
2015-7-27
Use props
jayson
lvl.1

United States

robrogkr Posted at 2015-7-28 03:26
This file does not work with RC.
You don't need to change anything on the controller

robrogkr please send me the service bin for my p3 pro so i can downgrade firmware. I sent friend request. This would solve all my problems! thanks for doing this
2015-7-27
Use props
marlows
lvl.1

Latvia

Hallo!
can you please send my bin file for my phantom 3 pro? mmarlo@inbox.lv
2015-7-27
Use props
ed
lvl.1

United States

I sent you a friend request that you accepted and still never sent the file or responded any other way. Looks like your very selective who you send the file to if this is not total bs
2015-7-27
Use props
robrogkr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 293976 ft
Poland

ed@emurray.com Posted at 2015-7-28 06:38
I sent you a friend request that you accepted and still never sent the file or responded any other ...

I confirm, you sent me a friend request
I confirm, I accepted
Did you wrote anything to me? No you don't.
So it's not hard to overlook the request as someone remains silent.
Many people ask me about the file.
I'm not doing this for hire or reward and I have no reason to act selectively
So, if you need something from me, you can PM me. In the morning I will answer you. It's 1.25am here
2015-7-27
Use props
ed
lvl.1

United States

robrogkr Posted at 2015-7-28 07:14
I confirm, you sent me a friend request
I confirm, I accepted
Did you wrote anything to me? No you ...

I did write along with the invite. Other than that I guess you would have asked if you needed anything more.... Do you?
2015-7-27
Use props
robrogkr
lvl.2
Poland

ed@emurray.com Posted at 2015-7-28 07:29
I did write along with the invite. Other than that I guess you would have asked if you needed anyt ...

So, this may be true, except that in this great PM nothing is left from the initial text, so try to understand me.
I mailed you
2015-7-27
Use props
johnmaetta
lvl.2

United States

1320frank@comca Posted at 2015-7-28 04:15
Ok I followed suggestion and 1st time it did not change. I restarted pilot app and it displayed N/ ...

1320frank -

I get the same results as you.  The "Results" text file reports it was successful installing 1.1.8, but no matter what I try, the 1.2.0 Pilot app reports 1.1.9 and the 32 channels of video/data are still missing.

I really want 1.1.8. It looks like tcchow.g.m has had success getting back to 1.1.8, but he is using a P3P and we have a P3A.

robrogkr, can you help us achive 1.1.8 on our P3A birds?

2015-7-27
Use props
ed
lvl.1

United States

ed@emurray.com Posted at 2015-7-28 07:29
I did write along with the invite. Other than that I guess you would have asked if you needed anyt ...

Thanks for the response, I think the pm capability on this forum falls a little short or I'm not used to it
2015-7-27
Use props
robrogkr
lvl.2
Poland

johnmaetta@comc Posted at 2015-7-28 07:57
1320frank -

I get the same results as you.  The "Results" text file reports it was successful inst ...

My goal was to eliminate the problems with the stability of the flight after last upddate, but first of all  not to change the P3 on the brick.
Therefore, I sent you a file which works on all components responsible for the flight and only on this part of firmware. As I wrote previously, it is possible to return to version 1.1.8 (I did it on P3A). But this will not affect the change of the firmware on RC.
RC firmware can be rolled back too (like for another components). But another file that I have at the moment works very insecurely.

All the time I’am wonder why dji has not added option factory reset, because it is possible for frimware P3 like as for all programmable devices.

2015-7-27
Use props
ed
lvl.1

United States

robrogkr Posted at 2015-7-28 09:03
My goal was to eliminate the problems with the stability of the flight after last udpdate. Therefo ...

Robrogkr... Got the file, thank you so much. I followed instructions from this thread and have backed up the firmware from 1.2.8 to 1.1.9. Won't get to fly for a couple days to report back on that. Thanks again
2015-7-27
Use props
taskinceylan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 341644 ft
Turkey

Hello robrogkr.
Please can you sent me the file for the Phantom 3 pro.
email :  taskinceylan@gmail.com
Thanks in advance !

2015-7-27
Use props
bernie This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-7-27
Use props
bernie This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-7-27
Use props
user9999
lvl.1

Poland

@robrogkr
Please provide me with this magic file also. You can write to me in Polish :-)
jasiu_11@o2.pl
2015-7-27
Use props
Stephentaber
lvl.4
Flight distance : 901404 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can confirm after receiving the .bin file from robrogkr I was able to successfully rollback my software to 1.1.9 on a P3A. I could immediately see it had resolved the lag and break up issues, and after a small flight this morning I can also confirm flight and stability is back to how it should be... and my confidence restored.

We are all on this thread for the same reason, frustration that our investments have been grounded by a bad update, watching our warranty tick away. I was very close to sending mine off to DJI. Lets hope DJI officially fix all the grounded P3's with an update soon.

I will keep my word to robrogkr and not distribute this file, but if you can get hold of it I recommend doing so as a fix until DJi release a fix.

Thanks
2015-7-27
Use props
marlows
lvl.1

Latvia

My goal was to eliminate the problems with the stability of the flight after last upddate, but fir ...

My result:
service bin file: Result: Success.
119. - ========== 2014.01.01 00:00:15 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.01.0009.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.
Service file - Result: Success.
118. - Packet: P3X_FW_V01.01.0008.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.01.0008.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

In Pilot app shows: 119
2015-7-28
Use props
user9999
lvl.1

Poland

@marlows: Strange, but the most important is 1.1.8 is a success :-)

2015-7-28
Use props
tcchow.g.m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9647812 ft
Hong Kong

johnmaetta@comc Posted at 2015-7-28 07:57
1320frank -

I get the same results as you.  The "Results" text file reports it was successful inst ...

In my point of view, once you get rip of the 1.2.6 and back into 1.1.9 it is bonus already.  Guys just let it be.
2015-7-28
Use props
tcchow.g.m
lvl.4
Hong Kong

bernie Posted at 2015-7-28 13:55
Hi tcchow.g.m,
do you have a P3 prof?
Can you inform if you used the old firmware files to change  ...

As long as you are happy flying now what is the point to go further down to 1.1.7, 1.1.8 for?
You should go out and to have some fun!
2015-7-28
Use props
matembezi
New

Canada

@robrogkr
Can you please send me the file to baloo(at)wuerths.ch

Thank you so much!
2015-7-28
Use props
bigbenny98
lvl.1

United States

I received the file, and tested today. I was successful in downgrading my P3P from 1.2.6 to 1.1.9 and it is functioning perfectly smoothly once again. I can't thank you enough!
2015-7-28
Use props
bdavis411
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77641 ft
United States

I want to request the file but how in the world do you actually send someone a PM on this site?      I added robrogkr as a friend.  Do I have to wait for him to accept it before I can send my PM request?
2015-7-28
Use props
fernandogamboav
lvl.1

Mexico

Finally I got some time to do the procedure, and as I promise I share the results, everything went fine no errors and now my P3p is back to 1.1.9, I don't try to downgrade to 1.1.8 yet, first thing I did was make a test flight and everything worked as it should, and the VPS system operates and maintains the height.

robrogkr thank you very much for sharing with us not only the file but for having the patience and courage to try this process for the benefit of the community, from my point of view is more than DJI has done for us since they released the latest version which affected many of us.

Fernando
Monterrey, Mexico
2015-7-28
Use props
jorski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 171946 ft
Finland

robrogkr
Could you send me the file, please? I have also send you a friend request, with my email jorski@netti.fi
2015-7-28
Use props
johnmaetta
lvl.2

United States

tcchow.g.m Posted at 2015-7-28 22:00
In my point of view, once you get rip of the 1.2.6 and back into 1.1.9 it is bonus already.  Guys  ...

My issues started with 1.1.9.

That is my and many others reason to get the P3A back to 1.1.8, if possible.
2015-7-28
Use props
tcchow.g.m
lvl.4
Hong Kong

johnmaetta@comc Posted at 2015-7-29 08:00
My issues started with 1.1.9.

That is my and many others reason to get the P3A back to 1.1.8, if  ...

If I were you I will bring it back to 1.2.6 again, because it is more stable than 1.1.8 and 1.1.9, but offcause you must testing it your self. I go back up to 1.2.6 stright after the downgarde and it just works prefect with out any problems. robrogkr also saying that to me. If you wish to play around with the orbit mode than you need to upgrade it to the sdk firmware to have more fun.
2015-7-28
Use props
miturnbo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1902585 ft
United States

robrogkr Posted at 2015-7-10 19:11
yes, I do, I will present the results later

Hi robrogkr.  I have a file gs_ofdm.bin and am wondering if that is the service .bin file you are referring to.  If not, can you please send me the bin file?  I have been experiencing issues with the 1.2.8 and would like to go back to 1.1.9.

miturnbo@cisco.com

Thank you!!
2015-7-29
Use props
cod_101.hotmail
lvl.1
Sweden

Hi Robrogkr, I don't know how to PM on here? Can I please have the service file for the P3P? Obviously I will abide by your restrictions on giving it out.

Thanks for your time

cod_101@hotmail.com
2015-7-29
Use props
Stephentaber
lvl.4
Flight distance : 901404 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just thought I would update with more information since I downgraded to 1.1.9. I had a mini flyaway today, luckily it was low and landed in a very soft bush, absolutely no harm done, but quite scary. I always take my time, calibrate the compass and wait until I have plenty of satellites locked in I lifted off and almost immediately the P3 stopped responding. I have uploaded the flight record from the app. As you can see I had no input on the sticks, although I do believe my final decent action (panic) did cause the P3 to ditch in the bush instead of carrying on further. I would also like to add that once dusted off and restarted the P3 then flew flawlessly again for around 20 minutes afterwards.

I am most certainly NOT linking this to the software downgrade, but as it happened on the back of me actioning the downgrade I thought I would share.

2015-7-29
Use props
johnmaetta
lvl.2

United States

robrogkr,

Never mind...post removed.
2015-7-29
Use props
cnynctry
New

United States

robrogkr
No way to actually send a PM from my end  I would like to roll my P3P back to an earlier version of the firmware.  If you could please send or direct me to a copy of your bin file I would appreciate it very much.
Thanks cnynctry@gmail.com
2015-7-29
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

Sure would like to PM you... but I can't for some reason... rocket_bear@frontier.com
2015-7-29
Use props
sunsurfh2o
lvl.1
United States

tcchow.g.m Posted at 2015-7-29 09:22
If I were you I will bring it back to 1.2.6 again, because it is more stable than 1.1.8 and 1.1.9, ...

Which 3 rd part app are you using to play with orbit feature in SDK?
2015-7-29
Use props
AirWizard
lvl.2

United States

robrogkr please send me the bin file for my p3 david@david-george.com

Thanks!!!!!!!
2015-7-29
Use props
klintb
lvl.1

United States

can someone send it my way for the p3p?  klintb@gmail.com   I am having terrible lag since the last couple of updates and would give anything to go back a few to when it was working
2015-7-29
Use props
mphelan
lvl.3
Ireland

Hey Robrogkr,. Your a hero to so many who had problems with the recent fw. Could you please send me the file to: mdigilan@gmail.com So I can get my P3P back to 1.1.9. Thanks so much.
2015-7-29
Use props
uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My goal was to eliminate the problems with the stability of the flight after last upddate, but fir ...

robrogkr , would it be possible to send a link to the download file to enable me to downgrade
my p3p due to vps issues thanks   uptowndisco at hotmail.co.uk
2015-7-29
Use props
pbreid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 363793 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi,

Any chance someone would send me a copy of the service bin file also?. I really want to downgrade my P3P until DJI release a fix for the video latency problems associated with the latest firmware on some Android devices.

email to pbreid at gmail.com

Many thanks!.

Peter
2015-7-29
Use props
robrogkr
lvl.2
Poland

Stephentaber@me Posted at 2015-7-30 00:32
Just thought I would update with more information since I downgraded to 1.1.9. I had a mini flyaway  ...

Terrifying flight.
You were really lucky.
I can only present my hypotheses.
I am almost sure that it isn’t the fault of downgrade nor firmware.
However, I cannot say I’m 100% sure about it.
For me, unfortunately, it seems to be a temporary faulty work of one of the modules. The receiver GPS?, sensor IMU? It can also be a temporary bad connection of one connector which connects modules, or simply – and here I’m not sure about the correct term in English - ‘’cold soldering’?’.
These are, of course, only hypotheses, made in distance.
However, I’d like to ask you for such additional information:
-        Do you keep the file with firmware on SD card?
-        Has it ever happened to you that P3 behaved in such way before downgrade?
Thank you for your reply and information and I hope you don’t have any issues like this in the future.

2015-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules