Mini 2 Height & Distance Restricted
8666 16 2021-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_p5ftx7hlQKhq
lvl.3
Flight distance : 377 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, I would appreciate any assistance you might be able to offer.

But please read the entire message so as to offer constructive help, Thank you.

I have flown 4 days now with the mini 2 and come up against the same height 30m and distance 50m restrictions.

I have read the manual, cover to cover, Multiple times.

I updated all firmware, batteries and drone, 2 updates since I got it.

I have no payload issues, nothing attached and payload not switched on in app.
Windspeed has never exceeded 9m/hr.

I have completed the Tutorial, twice.
To my knowledge there is no Beginner mode in the Fly app, I certainly can't find it.

Signal has full bars and locked onto 12-15 Satellites.

I have logged in and out a dozen times, uninstalled and re-installed app numerous times.

Tried flying logged out, and then logging back in again, both on wifi and mobile.

All calibration complete with no errors.
App says good to fly. All green.

I have not had the chance to fly at a different location yet.

DJI Fly app shows no restrictions, but and this is confusing, both Drone Buddy and Drone Assist show a Yellow Class E Warning zone over my area, both different sizes.

I would have assumed the fly app would offer me a warning, but does not. Everything is green and Good To Fly.

Is this likely to be the cause of my restriction flight, if so, as only a class E warning, why am I not offered the ability to accept responsiblity.

When I get a chance I will of course move out of the restricted zone and try a flight somewhere else.

If it helps I am Flying within the Yellow Zone of Kirton Gliding Club. DN21 4GG.  UK.

Thank You in advance of any help you might render.

Gary.

2021-1-3
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Looks like you have done all the correct things Gary. If you still have the problem after trying flying in another location, you should get onto Dji right away and raise a support ticket!
2021-1-3
Use props
djiuser_p5ftx7hlQKhq
lvl.3
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 1-3 05:21
Looks like you have done all the correct things Gary. If you still have the problem after trying flying in another location, you should get onto Dji right away and raise a support ticket!

Many Thanks for your reply.

It is nice to know I haven't missed anything obvious.
All The Best.
Gary
2021-1-3
Use props
vvv850
lvl.1
Romania

I have seen this issue when locked on to less than 15 sats. Maybe this is the cause.
2021-1-3
Use props
djiuser_p5ftx7hlQKhq
lvl.3
United Kingdom

vvv850 Posted at 1-3 05:41
I have seen this issue when locked on to less than 15 sats. Maybe this is the cause.

Thank You, If the weather ever clears up, I will try a different location and note how many sats I am connected too.
All The Best,
Gary.
2021-1-3
Use props
DJI South Korea
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2063642 ft
South Korea

djiuser_p5ftx7hlQKhq Posted at 1-3 05:46
Thank You, If the weather ever clears up, I will try a different location and note how many sats I am connected too.
All The Best,
Gary.

I have the same issue
It is driving me crazy
Is there a "name verification required" message or something similar to that when the height is restricted?
P.S: when you fly, turn off the wifi, bluetooth, and cellular on your phone. The restrictions will eventually be unlocked after few minutes in the air
2021-1-3
Use props
djiuser_p5ftx7hlQKhq
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI South Korea Posted at 1-3 06:31
I have the same issue
It is driving me crazy
Is there a "name verification required" message or something similar to that when the height is restricted?

Hi Thank you for your help.

Yes the message I get is along the lines of Login or enter full name.
I am logged in and have no idea where you put the full name verification.

I will give your suggestion a try, see if that helps.

All The Best,
Gary.
2021-1-3
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I assume you have not got any Prop guards on ?
2021-1-3
Use props
djiuser_p5ftx7hlQKhq
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-3 07:51
I assume you have not got any Prop guards on ?

Thanks for your suggestion, but no I do not have prop guards on and best I can tell I have no payload issues. Mini 2 is straight out of the box.

All The Best,
Gary.
2021-1-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Gary. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please fly your DJI Mini 2 to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

2021-1-3
Use props
djiuser_p5ftx7hlQKhq
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-3 19:32
Hello there Gary. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please fly your DJI Mini 2 to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thank You Stephen, I will try at a different location as soon as I can. However my take off site is in a ploughed field 400 metres away from any built up areas with no visible points of interference.

My initial flight was 2km from my previous flights and the aircraft was still restricted to 30m and 50m.
This was also in a field 2km away from any buildings.

The take off site was still within the yellow class E Warning Zone. I am going to try to find a spot outside of this zone.

Thanks Again,
All The Best,
Gary
2021-1-3
Use props
djiuser_p5ftx7hlQKhq
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi, Thought I would give you an update as have tried Mini in a new Location, at work. The area is within an Altitude restricted zone ;-)

Flew perfectly 95m up and out to 350m with no issues and stunning video quality.

Thank you all for your help, now to find out why it doesn't like where I live.

Respect.

Gary.
2021-1-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_p5ftx7hlQKhq Posted at 1-3 21:59
Thank You Stephen, I will try at a different location as soon as I can. However my take off site is in a ploughed field 400 metres away from any built up areas with no visible points of interference.

My initial flight was 2km from my previous flights and the aircraft was still restricted to 30m and 50m.

Hi there Gary. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have given. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Fly safe always.
2021-1-5
Use props
Droning-On
lvl.3
Flight distance : 293058 ft
New Zealand

Well, I had the same restriction (30m height, 50m distance) get me today, for the first time.
I decided to try a flight across a river about 20Km from home.

Back-story: I normally fly at home in a restricted zone and I have to register all my flights before the Mini2 is allowed to take off. My (WiFi only) tablet has an internet connection at that location.
I'm all up to date with the App and firmware.

I did the usual pre-flight checks and set my limits at 120m height, 2000m distance and 35m RTH.
As I started the flight, I noticed the restricted zone message on the top left of the screen, but it still allowed me to take off. I flew for about five minutes, but it's not much fun flying only 50m from the takeoff point.
After I landed, tethered my (WiFi only) tablet to my phone and performed a DJI login - I was prompted within the App.
After logging on, I performed another pre-flight check and then had a normal flight. The area where I was flying today is unrestricted.
It seems like the DJIFly App had remembered my last flight location (which was restricted), didn't have an internet connection, so restricted me to a 30/50m flight.
2021-5-2
Use props
kmglow
New

United Kingdom

Having exactly same issue with height and distance restrictions, but only happens with one out of three batteries. Have made sure batteries are all fully charged and ghave even weighed the batteries but all the same weight. Getting frustrated.
2021-10-16
Use props
bikerguy
New
Flight distance : 27792 ft

United States

Had this issue for the first time today. Had flown in this area several times with no restrictions. Found that I had turned off the identification features and that was apparently what caused these restrictions. Turning them back on corrected the problem.
2021-10-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kmglow Posted at 10-16 09:32
Having exactly same issue with height and distance restrictions, but only happens with one out of three batteries. Have made sure batteries are all fully charged and ghave even weighed the batteries but all the same weight. Getting frustrated.

Are all batteries updated to the latest firmware? next time  it happens on that 1 battery,  check to see if there is an update for it in that app
2021-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules