How to reverse direction of gimbal wheel on remote control?
12Next >
11270 60 2021-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stu.Baby
lvl.4
Flight distance : 52218 ft
United Kingdom

Is it possible to reverse the behaviour of the gimbal wheel on the Mini 2's remote control?

On my Mini 2, when using the gimbal wheel on the RC, I'm forever pushing my gimbal up when I want it to go down; and vice versa. In the Fly app (v1.2.2), it's possible to modify the behaviour of the sticks and the Fn button. But not the gimbal wheel?

If it's not there already I'd like DJI to add that as an option - to reverse the behaviour of the wheel. The wheel can also be used to operate the zoom on the camera (Fn button+wheel) so that behaviour should also be customisable.

There was a similar thread a few months ago for the Mavic Mini - solutions included putting reminder stickers on the RC or the more drastic solution of rewiring the wheel!
2021-1-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Stu.Baby. Thanks for reaching out! Currently, the function you have mentioned isn't available in the DJI Mini 2 but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Mini 2.
2021-1-3
Use props
James Rhodes
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have exactly the same issue. I have changed the to mode 3 for the controls, but would like to "reverse" the behaviour of the Gimbal Dial. Hope the developers see fit to make this change :0)
2021-1-4
Use props
chhh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 139790 ft
United States

Please add gimbal wheel reversal option. I have not once got the direction right while flying.
When you're "pushing" the wheel with your left index finger (i.e. the wheel rotates clockwise) the gimbal should go down, just like the nose of an aircraft goes down when you "push" the stick away from you.
I guess there are two types of people - those who get it the way it is and the rest of us who resort to posting on the forum here.
2021-6-29
Use props
djiuser_5gEWsXgGfwYW
New

United Kingdom

I have the same problem. Please include the ability to do this in a future update.
2021-7-18
Use props
cab1024
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23015 ft
United States

I'm having the same problem on Mavic Air 2. Every time I tilt the gimbal, it's the wrong way. Please add the feature.
2021-8-31
Use props
djiuser_QVnbheeF764h
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1176017 ft
Russia

The same with DJI FPV drone! Please add setup option to change direction
2021-9-7
Use props
djiuser_BgG6yjhw5cm8
New

United States

Another vote from me. It's completely backward from what's intuitive and standard. You PUSH the nose of a plane down, and you PULL it up. I cannot get used to this, and heaven forbid I did, since then I might start crashing real planes!
2021-9-18
Use props
djiuser_9gZRxL4H9Ovv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 315374 ft
Bahamas

I asked this in a Facebook group and got replies from others wanting the same thing, so DJI, PLEASE IMPLEMENT!
2021-11-10
Use props
RedEyz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1355 ft
Canada

same. i would love if it could be reversed!
2021-11-13
Use props
djiuser_KPi2hv5uW4fI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4764 ft
Canada

Same here, got it reverse everytime wanted to downward the camera. Just posted in every possible thread in the forum, hopefully DJI see it's urgency. From a developer's perspective, it should be as simple as changing adding an offset to subtracting the offset.
2021-12-7
Use props
djiuser_KPi2hv5uW4fI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4764 ft
Canada

I just did my RC re-wire mod'. Watch here, https://youtu.be/--j2tWU353M
2021-12-10
Use props
GTS 350
lvl.4

United States

Add me to the list as well. It should at least be an option.
Its pretty sad the only way to make it more intuitive is to void the warentee and rewire it.
2021-12-11
Use props
HighInBC
lvl.2
Philippines

Please, this has to be a simple fix. Who ever heard of "pull down" when flying? I have been playing flight sims and flight games for decades and my muscle memory tells me that you pull to move up in the horizon and push to move down.
Given the age of this thread and how simple it would be to implement this in software I suppose I have to open it up and swap the wires.
2021-12-22
Use props
Stu.Baby
lvl.4
Flight distance : 52218 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_KPi2hv5uW4fI Posted at 12-10 09:16
I just did my RC re-wire mod'. Watch here,

Well done! I've now bought a second-hand remote specifically to do this mod.
2021-12-23
Use props
TominoGeralt
New

Czechia

Still nothing after one year!!!!! Will be this function in future??? thx
2022-2-24
Use props
TominoGeralt
New

Czechia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2021-1-3 23:14
Hi, Stu.Baby. Thanks for reaching out! Currently, the function you have mentioned isn't available in the DJI Mini 2 but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Mini 2.

How it is looking, will it be available? It is more than one year now. Thank you.
2022-2-24
Use props
shredbreaker
lvl.1

Thailand

+1, also it would be nice to have it customizable in Mode 4, I wish I could assign altitude to the wheel as normally it doesn't need to be as much precise as yaw or pitch.
2022-4-10
Use props
Peripecias
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi, Stu.Baby. Thanks for reaching out! Currently, the function you have mentioned isn't available in the DJI Mini 2 but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Mini 2.

Hi Gamora,

I hope you are great. It’s has been 1 year and 4 months since your comment. When do you recon the developers will add the possibility of changing the direction of the gimbal with the front side wheel?

Looking forward to read your answer.
All the best
2022-5-11
Use props
fans40c3d707
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1607267 ft
Spain

Peripecias Posted at 5-11 13:36
Hi Gamora,

I hope you are great. It’s has been 1 year and 4 months since your comment. When do you recon the developers will add the possibility of changing the direction of the gimbal with the front side wheel?

i would like this as well
2022-6-8
Use props
maxinike
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5781 ft
Canada

I want this too. Just the natural way
2022-6-10
Use props
djiuser_5ozswPCW2QDc
New

United States

Push down, pull up. Another vote from me.
2022-8-7
Use props
djiuser_iH93yoxQEgi7
New

Canada

chhh Posted at 2021-6-29 20:50
Please add gimbal wheel reversal option. I have not once got the direction right while flying.
When you're "pushing" the wheel with your left index finger (i.e. the wheel rotates clockwise) the gimbal should go down, just like the nose of an aircraft goes down when you "push" the stick away from you.
I guess there are two types of people - those who get it the way it is and the rest of us who resort to posting on the forum here.

I fully agree. The gimbal’s native pitch settings are not the intuitive thing to do. Drone’s are aircraft and aircraft pitch their nose down with a push and pitch their nose up with a pull. The gimbal is line of sight like the nose of any aircraft and should operate accordingly.
2022-8-18
Use props
djiuser_iH93yoxQEgi7
New

Canada

The gimbal is line of sight like the nose of any aircraft and should operate accordingly. I add my vote to this conversation whole-heartedly. Please add the option to reverse the gimbal pitch wheel response
2022-8-18
Use props
djiuser_h3PH74yeYQVG
New

Germany

Pls implement this simple Feature. It can't be so hard.
2022-8-20
Use props
SanMiguel137
lvl.1

Germany

I agree 100%. Have my Mini 3 pro since some weeks now, but always doing it wrong first.

It shouldn't be that complicated for the developers to add a checkbox to reverse the gimbal control. And a very simple action to increase users satisfaction!
2022-8-28
Use props
djiuser_vLCtbFvRN7FV
New

Poland

Hello, I also have a problem with the gimbal wheel, every time I control the camera I make a mistake, it is very annoying that a large decent company whose products are not cheap and crap can not release an update with this one unfortunate option.  Do I really have to disassemble the controller and break all these latches to get what I want?  I kindly ask you to forward the matter to the appropriate place.  Regards
2023-1-6
Use props
TiffanyF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 163547 ft
United States

I am another person that intuitively picks the wrong direction on the gimbal wheel, glad to know I'm not the only one and there are actual reasons behind it!
This would be a small but important improvement that would make a lot of people happy DJI!
2023-1-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for your feedback. We'll continue to gather your requests and forward them to our DJI Developers for evaluation. Please stay tuned to DJI's Official Website (www.dji.com) for relevant updates. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day.
2023-1-18
Use props
djiuser_W6AM7LcBl0V3
New

Cambodia

Hello,
What is the progress on the this?
It is the basic function which is working wrong. When can we expect that developers will fix this bug?
Regards from Cambodia
2023-3-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_W6AM7LcBl0V3 Posted at 3-22 23:04
Hello,
What is the progress on the this?
It is the basic function which is working wrong. When can we expect that developers will fix this bug?

Hi, djiuser_W6AM7LcBl0V3. At present, the remote controller rotates clockwise to control the gimbal to face up and rotates anticlockwise to control the gimbal to face down. There is no reverse option for the time being. Thank you for your suggestion, and we will feedback it to the engineer for evaluation. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2023-3-27
Use props
djiuser_DqHUDlBo1gdd
New

United States

AGREE ITS SO ANNOYING
2023-3-28
Use props
EnterpriseNCC17
lvl.1

Singapore

I would like to request this, also. I have the DJI Mini 2. It's a fantastic piece of technology, and with so many customization options. I am very surprised that the "gimbal wheel camera direction", can't be reversed/inverted. Please Chinese overlords ...please. Impress us all. Make this an option.
2023-3-31
Use props
djiuser_gP5ZIldK1FJq
New

Romania

Same here. It seems way more natural to use the gimbal wheel in reverse, pulling the finger should go up not down.
2023-4-7
Use props
djiuser_1Rb18iqVcYmc
New
Flight distance : 35587 ft

Romania

Hello!

Is this request still live? It seems relevant to me, too.
I would like to extend the proposal and allow a fully customisable experience for the controller controls: I would like to control the camera gimball on the left joystick up-down rather than the wheel, and make the wheel control the altitude, rather than the gimball. I find this more intuitive, having the left joystick control all camera moves and left joystick control drone moves in a plane parallel to the ground.
2023-4-17
Use props
orth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1176017 ft
Russia

vote up!
still needed
2023-5-8
Use props
NDK99
lvl.1
Flight distance : 291706 ft
Cook Islands

Mnemonic to correct muscle memory.  
LEFT: Lower
RIGHT: Raise
2023-5-19
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Hi, Stu.Baby. Thanks for reaching out! Currently, the function you have mentioned isn't available in the DJI Mini 2 but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Mini 2.

Gamora, good to see you now and then, please add me to the list of wanting the control dial when rotated down to cause the Gimble to go down.
2023-5-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 5-19 18:28
Gamora, good to see you now and then, please add me to the list of wanting the control dial when rotated down to cause the Gimble to go down.

Hi, Bob-Mini-2. Hope you are doing well. We will forward your suggestion as well for evaluation. Thank you for your continued support.
2023-5-23
Use props
djiuser_lvuWrUo4ykP2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 277946 ft
Italy

me too. it's so annoying

can't be so difficult... every single RC i used in the last 30 years could make this!

Dji please add this option in the menù!
2023-5-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules