TheKFlight
lvl.3
Flight distance : 344085 ft
United Kingdom

6:24 - Police Arrive
11:56 - Police give a resolution

Hello DJI

So I use DJI Phantom 4

But I saw in this video that this youtuber used a DJI Mavic 2. The area where he was flying was in an Autherization Zone. You need permision from DJI to also fly there. Yet the police still manged to ground them and state you need a Licence from the CAA they also stated that they had flow the drone over 30 times in the past year at the place where they needed autherization  I do not get why no further checks were done to prevent this from DJI as lets say the police were uneducated in this case and made a false arrsest it is wasting time and if you are following all the drone laws and have valid operator ID's. The resaloution they made in the video for this issue. Was that they needed a Licence and the requester permision from heathrow airport.

I don't get why an API is not built into DJI flysafe for the UK so it alerts the airport that a "Registerd" drone is taking off and it is show direclty. This would be alot eaiser BUT. I know in the UK you needed to register for a drone operator ID witch only lasts a year. Now I am using this as an example for all users and fellow flyers here on DJI.

And I do NOT get why this was not made even clear to flyers saying you NEED this INFORMATION or you can't take off ......................

Please let me know what you think and how this issue could have been resloved and why DJI allows you to fly in an Autherization zone when you basically can't from the video.

I hope that DJI intergrates an API that will check all of this within the application making it easier for flyers in future so something like this won't happen as if the police do come you show them an ID or some sort witch links your drone airports everything in the background.

Sources:
https://register-drones.caa.co.uk/individual
https://www.dji.com/uk/flysafe/geo-map

Kind Regards & Happy New Year
2021-1-3
Use props
Martin Lines
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19147 ft
United Kingdom

This is just on the outskirts of Heathrow Airport if its the incident I think it is. If so then the premises are within the Authorisation Zone so permission is needed. I suspect the police were actively looking for Drones as it is Christmas and they would know that many new drones would be around. Whilst the "need a licence" is dubious for a December incident, the new licence rules apply from 31st December, this would have been under the old rules where he would needed to have a ID which is a simply online application and not a licence test.

Seems reasonable to me that the police turned up and we do not know what the DJI app displayed to the user at this point. It certainly warns me that Heathrow is nearby and I am 15 miles away.

2021-1-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI is not always up to date with the NFZ's
2021-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now