DJI GS PRO - Outdated Maps?!?!
1035 3 2021-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paulbeumer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 516690 ft
Netherlands

Hi i'm using DJI GS PRO latest version for IOS with a mavic 2 pro.  A great app... in principal, but preparing a mission, even knowing that some minor tweaks will need to be done on location, is difficult when maps are not up-to-date.
Let me show you two situations.... 1st is Google maps...2nd is Apple maps. It As i understand DJI GS PRO for ios used apple maps as their input.
Wouldn't it be great if a user could choose their own maps provider? A pitty that apple is'nt up-to-date with their maps, because well it makes a great app in some situations kinde useless.. Preparing a poi outdoor with a windchill of 4deg C
isn't fun. ;-)

Does the DJI GS PRO android version use Google maps data?

Building of Riff Land art object started august 2018. So Apple maps image is at least 2 1/2 year old?

IMG_0713.jpg IMG_0712.jpg

2021-1-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The problem is that both providers have maps/satellite view of different ages depending on where you look.  So Apple will be better ins some places.   
2021-1-4
Use props
paulbeumer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 516690 ft
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 1-4 03:44
The problem is that both providers have maps/satellite view of different ages depending on where you look.  So Apple will be better ins some places.

You are right..  so an option in DJI GS Pro to choose a mapprovider (google / apple / or your own e.g. geo-fenced generated map) in order to use the most updated map source would be beneficial.

2021-1-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

paulbeumer Posted at 1-4 05:46
You are right..  so an option in DJI GS Pro to choose a mapprovider (google / apple / or your own e.g. geo-fenced generated map) in order to use the most updated map source would be beneficial.

I cant see them doing that as they have to pay for google maps but not for apple maps.
2021-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules