Mini 2 IMU Calibration
4129 3 2021-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
grahamjohnson10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2817172 ft
United Kingdom

I have been reading a few threads about Mini 2 IMU calibration problems and might have the answer to why these problems are occuring.
I also watch very carfully videos of IMU calibrations on both the original Mvic Mini and also the Mini 2 and noticed 2 things that where being overlooked.

1) Make sure the surface your using is toyaly flat, I use my Iphone "Measure" App and select the "Level" in the bottom right to do this.

IMG_0118(1).JPG

2) During the IMU calibration is tells you the lie the Mini 2 on it's side, but I noticed that it seems unstable in this position, it doesn't always lie the same way.

Pic 1
IMG_1528 (Edited).JPG

Pic 2
IMG_1529 (Edited).JPG

Even in one of Billy Kyle's videos he lies it durring IMU calibration like Pic 2 and then does the other side like Pic 1.

Personaly I could see that in doing so the IMU calibration would not be 100% correct.

I would myself choose the lie it sideways as in Pic 2.

I have not tested, only observed as I have no IMU problems myself.

IMG_0118(1).JPG
2021-1-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there grahamjohnson10. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these informative information on how to calibrate the IMU of the DJI Mini 2. Again thank you for your support and fly safe always.
2021-1-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good tips.  
2021-1-4
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-3 20:49
Hello there grahamjohnson10. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these informative information on how to calibrate the IMU of the DJI Mini 2. Again thank you for your support and fly safe always.

Hello DJI Stephen, how about an official instruction regarding the two possible variations identified?
2021-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules