Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Love the LITCHI APP!!!
4543 18 2015-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnk456
lvl.1

United States

I installed the LITCHI app and i have done way point in neighborhood and worked perfect for 5 missions.  Love the point of interest, love that it goes to the altitude set, then flies to the POI and circles.  Wish the ground station did that so i do not have to start mission from air to avoid the trees and houses on its way to first waypoint.  Tried the Follow me one time and walked about block and then voice said losing accuracy so it just hovered there....I am going to try again with the dynamic home switched on...this app really rocks!  Click the link for a quick sample, it held FPV for only about 1000 feet, when it goes behind a tree, even for a second, but still much better than the DJI app.

2015-7-3
Use props
johnk456
lvl.1

United States

Little glitchy today.  Tried follow me mode 5 times and kept telling me i did not have a good gps lock. had 7 to 11 sattelites!  POI mission, started from ground and it almost toppled over!  may have been on a very slight hill, i was on blacktop.  not a good day for this app.
2015-7-3
Use props
Numpty clive
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I use this app and love it. So much better than the dji one.
2015-7-3
Use props
grangerfx
First Officer
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

Point of Interest does not work the way I wanted it to. I was hoping I would be able to set points of interest along the ground station path that the camera would follow. That would allow me to setup some fun truck and pan shots.
2015-7-4
Use props
nrgwise
First Officer

United States

I also use the Litchi app exclusively.  I am very pleased with it.  Suggestion John, when setting up a waypoint flight, make the first waypoint very close to the home point and at the altitude you want to fly at.  This will make the quad pretty much go straight up on take off instead of a gradual climb.  The closer to home the straighter the vertical on take off.  I do this with every ground station flight.
2015-7-4
Use props
nrgwise
First Officer

United States

Nice video too.
2015-7-4
Use props
johnk456
lvl.1

United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-7-5 04:13
I also use the Litchi app exclusively.  I am very pleased with it.  Suggestion John, when setting up ...

Yes, thot about trying that trick on close first waypoint.  I have not been able to get the follow me to work at all. Do you have to have it closer to the ground?  I have it at about 130 feet and it always tells me cannot aquire gps or something.  Not that i think i will be using it a whole lot but, would like it to work.  It almost tipped the other day when i started a poi from the ground...scary, bout cost me a prop.  I found that you can click the ascent button in POI mode by paging down...that is why it climbed befor going to poi...did not know i had it checked...love that....wish that was an option for ground station....thanks on video....
2015-7-6
Use props
nrgwise
First Officer

United States

johnk456@roadru Posted at 2015-7-7 09:47
Yes, thot about trying that trick on close first waypoint.  I have not been able to get the follow  ...

I have tried follow me twice and both times it told me my GPS was not accurate enough.  Both times I had more than enough sats locked.  I have not tried since the update which it was supposed to be improved.  I will get back on that.
2015-7-7
Use props
alain.j.lavoie
New

Canada

nrgwise Posted at 2015-7-8 06:34
I have tried follow me twice and both times it told me my GPS was not accurate enough.  Both times ...

It's probably the GPS on the phone that's not accurate enough, not the quad.
2015-7-10
Use props
johnk456
lvl.1

United States

this app is starting to go the other way as far as scale one to 10. took out today and could not get a steady FPV at all!  tried restarting phone, shutting down app, drone, etc....never improved, boosted signal did nothing...kept freezing, tried changing the view setting from 30 to 15, no help...had to go back to the DJI app and the fpv worked perfect. Finished shooting what i had to shoot this morning with DJI App.  Hate now that spent the money.  seems like only think i gained was POI, and dont use much.
2015-7-11
Use props
ronnydsosa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

You spoke too soon my friend.. and be ready to pay more $$$$ to unlock new features...  Here is my advice.. stick to DJI only Apps..  They are free and you never have to pay for new features.
2015-7-11
Use props
johnk456
lvl.1

United States

ronnydsosa@gmai Posted at 2015-7-11 22:22
You spoke too soon my friend.. and be ready to pay more $$$$ to unlock new features...  Here is my a ...

wow...very glitchy.....today on second shoot....never lost fpv the whole 45 min! perfect.....just did a POI...perfect....my only thoughts is my wi fi extender went below 50% and no fpv on this app...not sure , but that is my only explanation.
2015-7-12
Use props
johnk456
lvl.1

United States

alain.j.lavoie@ Posted at 2015-7-11 02:16
It's probably the GPS on the phone that's not accurate enough, not the quad.

nope...dont think so but thanks.
2015-7-12
Use props
johnk456
lvl.1

United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-7-8 06:34
I have tried follow me twice and both times it told me my GPS was not accurate enough.  Both times ...

exact same thing here....when was update?...i think i have latest version...follow me does not work.
2015-7-12
Use props
boutropeur.msn
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Please make sure you read http://flylitchi.com/faq#follow especially the last question
The main reason for follow me not starting is the mobile device GPS not being accurate enough (if the Accuracy number at the bottom left of the screen is in red, that means it's not accurate enough to start).
2015-7-13
Use props
roy
First Officer

United States

Have a question. When I do way point flying I use 2 waypoints when I get to my destination. The first to get to the location and the second trying to get the craft to point at the target. However when I have say a 14 second stay the craft stops and turns to the original direction of travel which means it's now pointed away from my target of video. Is their any way when we arrive at a way point to  have it point in a direction we need?  To try to illustrate I am flying north. I arrive at the waypoint but my target for video is east. So my second way point I make towards my target east with a14 second delay. My quad turns tontheneast goes for 100 ft to waypoint 2 and arrives for the 14 second delay. When it stops it rotates to north and waits for 14 seconds. I wanted it to continue pointing and hold in the easterly direction.  How can I get it to point where I need?
2015-9-11
Use props
ShadeTek
lvl.1

United Kingdom

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-9-11 14:58
Have a question. When I do way point flying I use 2 waypoints when I get to my destination. The fir ...

Has anyone tried the different camera FOV angles?  Do they work on all models?
2015-10-21
Use props
yorlik
lvl.4

United States

this one dos not offer a trial test so I will not try it.  sticking with UF
2015-10-22
Use props
Naza-PA
lvl.3

United States

I wish I found it earlier. It is very good app and it offers features missing in DJI Vision app. At least it gives some hope to Phantom 2 owners to extent P2 lifetime without missing much of the fun in P3 generation. I would recommend it to P2 owners for sure. It is pretty mature at this point and if you really like it - P3 is also supported. The only limitation I found - it supports P2 on androids only, but if you have droid gear - do not wait, get one you would not regret it. Its UI resembles new DJI Go app design, but of course it is different. And most important, take some time and read manual so save yourself some panic moments. Here is most important thing to know about this app: Change the RC S1 switch from top position to middle position and then back to top position to give control back to the operator. I also liked video record auto start/stop and speech anoncements.
I am surprise there is almost no buzz about Litchi around it here. DJI Vision is very bear bone. This app would beats it hands down, it even challanges in some usability aspects the latest DJI Go app.
2016-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules