Auto Calibration for Focus not working using APP Ronin SC
1452 4 2021-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mateo85
lvl.2
United States

Hello,

I can manually calibrate the focus ring on the gimbal itself, which I thought would save me the trouble when I went to the app as a work around; unfortunatly it has not. I don't see anyway to manually adjust the focus ring through the app the way I did on the gimbal itself. The lens is tiny employing a FLIR thermal camera. The auto focus goes through the motions but always times out. I assume because its expecting to go a further distance and that there must be a problem because the adjustments are short. I need this to work for the project I am working on; I will also be using it on the Ronin S as well - though I heard you cant use it via the app so at the very least I can get the Ronin SC working properly.

Thank you!

-Mateo
2021-1-4
Use props
Mateo85
lvl.2
United States

Hello, anyone out there with any ideas?
2021-1-9
Use props
Mateo85
lvl.2
United States

Any advice on where to find this answer?
2021-1-16
Use props
Mateo85
lvl.2
United States

Hello again,

Any advice on where else to ask or other resource to seek out to find out this information? Anything would be helpful...

Thank you.
2021-1-25
Use props
Barramundi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128 ft
  • >>>
United States

Old thread, but did you find a solution ?
I'm having a similar issue.
I can do an Auto Calibration by double tapping the focus motor, after is done, the motor LED would be solid green.
Then when I go to the Ronin App to use the Focus/Zoom function it keeps asking me to Calibrate again?! the focus motor.
Right in there is when the calibration fails and the Apps times out.
So far, I've never managed to enter the Focus Motor App to control it remotely because of this.
2022-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules