Alientech antenna
4190 13 2021-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd3e6ab70
lvl.3
Flight distance : 493553 ft
United States

Has anyone with a mavic air 2 picked up the alientech antenna for it? I am trying to figure out if the bracket comes with it. Or if I have to order that as well in the pictures on there site when looking at it it shows the bracket as well. Anyone out there that could answer would be big help
2021-1-5
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

... alientech antenna for SC?   
2021-1-5
Use props
hughdeman
lvl.2

United States

2021-1-5
Use props
fansd3e6ab70
lvl.3
United States

Not on how to install. Trying to find out if it comes with the bracket for the mavic air 2 n mini 2 controller if you buy it for them
2021-1-5
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansd3e6ab70 Posted at 1-5 09:42
Not on how to install. Trying to find out if it comes with the bracket for the mavic air 2 n mini 2 controller if you buy it for them

Can you contact them directly via email/phone/chat? Don't think many of us have tried this or willing to buy due to having to open up our controller, ie void warranty.
2021-1-5
Use props
hughdeman
lvl.2

United States

fansd3e6ab70 Posted at 1-5 09:42
Not on how to install. Trying to find out if it comes with the bracket for the mavic air 2 n mini 2 controller if you buy it for them

the first few minutes of the video tell you what is included -- which is why I posted it.
2021-1-5
Use props
fansd3e6ab70
lvl.3
United States

hughdeman Posted at 1-5 13:47
the first few minutes of the video tell you what is included -- which is why I posted it.

Ok thank you will watch it now
2021-1-5
Use props
fansd3e6ab70
lvl.3
United States

hughdeman Posted at 1-5 13:47

That’s the .... Lol can’t wait to be able to order it. Can only make it out lil over two miles with my mini 2 staying under the 400ft. So this will help big time
2021-1-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for this information you have given. Since this is a 3rd party accessory for your DJI Mavic Air 2's remote controller I hops that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who have tried installing the Alientech antenna on the said DJI remote controller. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend you to use 3rd party accessories like antennas on your DJI remote controller or modify your DJI product. These 3rd party accessories might affect the said DJI drone when in use. There is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work. However, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2021-1-5
Use props
fansf0a89141
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17470771 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Don't touch them with a 10 ft pole. I had the duo II amplifier,  the most expensive one they have think I paid around 650 Canadian all said and done. The booster has been failing the charging port is finicky and the leads coming off the board the the controller are of bad engineering  and have prematurely wore through at the hinge on both sides and need replacements. They even state on their site that these are not made to be replaced  several times. This unit is less than six months the old. I have nanuk cases for all of my hardware so handling is not an issue. Alientech after several emails and sending pictures a few times denied warranty , so I was stuck purchasing cables for it myself which was another 60 bucks. Now that I've gone to install said leads the connections on the board are not tight like they where initially and has rendered the board useless leads g me to either bug whip antennae that would clip to the aftermarket attachments. Stay away the gains aren't worth it.
2021-7-13
Use props
fansf0a89141
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17470771 ft
  • >>>
Canada

fansf0a89141 Posted at 7-13 13:57
Don't touch them with a 10 ft pole. I had the duo II amplifier,  the most expensive one they have think I paid around 650 Canadian all said and done. The booster has been failing the charging port is finicky and the leads coming off the board the the controller are of bad engineering  and have prematurely wore through at the hinge on both sides and need replacements. They even state on their site that these are not made to be replaced  several times. This unit is less than six months the old. I have nanuk cases for all of my hardware so handling is not an issue. Alientech after several emails and sending pictures a few times denied warranty , so I was stuck purchasing cables for it myself which was another 60 bucks. Now that I've gone to install said leads the connections on the board are not tight like they where initially and has rendered the board useless leads g me to either bug whip antennae that would clip to the aftermarket attachments. Stay away the gains aren't worth it.

Or to buy a new remote which this is a smart remote in question so not cheap. Do what you want but for the price vs hassle vs gains vs alientech not standing behind their product  stay away. Maybe on of the other companies is better to deal with. Im finding that most companies in this industry are not willing to stand behind their product they sell costi g more money on top of the premium price you pay for everything initially. Which for producing a product that cost nickels on the dollar should not be. Eventually im affraid i wont be able to afford this i wasnt expecting to have to replace everything every six months
Are the higher end dji drones such as inspire 2 for exampke built better than the mavic lineup?
Ive found they are cheaply made amd the refurbished ones you recieved im now seeing why most people sell they once they are recieved as they are anything but next to new. Maybe on the outside they look new. Inside i can tell you they are not,they fail and its your  problem.
2021-7-13
Use props
djiuser_YNQ3Ai36E1pO
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-1-5 19:58
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for this information you have given. Since this is a 3rd party accessory for your DJI Mavic Air 2's remote controller I hops that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who have tried installing the Alientech antenna on the said DJI remote controller. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend you to use 3rd party accessories like antennas on your DJI remote controller or modify your DJI product. These 3rd party accessories might affect the said DJI drone when in use. There is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work. However, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you and have a safe flight always.

I have installed it successfully on my RC pro for Mavic 3 cine and air 2S. Works well with both! I gained more than double the distance in a major city with the 3cine, air 2S slightly less but I haven’t gotten too far to fly it, but very eager to see the performance once I get it somewhere a little more rural.
2022-10-15
Use props
djiuser_YNQ3Ai36E1pO
lvl.1

United States

fansf0a89141 Posted at 2021-7-13 13:57

That is all on the installer. I did it myself, same antenna, better and more expensive drone and controller. Works perfectly for 5 months now
2022-10-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_YNQ3Ai36E1pO Posted at 10-15 22:04
I have installed it successfully on my RC pro for Mavic 3 cine and air 2S. Works well with both! I gained more than double the distance in a major city with the 3cine, air 2S slightly less but I haven’t gotten too far to fly it, but very eager to see the performance once I get it somewhere a little more rural.

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for these interesting information. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2022-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules