New DJI Pocket 2 Firmware Released (01/05/2021)
1234Next >
50794 143 2021-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

Overview:
  • Date: 2021.01.05
  • Firmware: V01.02.00.50
  • DJI Mimo App iOS: V1.5.8
  • DJI Mimo App Android: V1.5.8

What’s New?
  • Added HDR Video for better dynamic range.
  • Added Story mode to the touchscreen. Users can choose from a variety of Story videos where the gimbal moves up, down, left, right, clockwise, counterclockwise, or zooms in or out. Connect to DJI Mimo and enter playback to complete the Story videos using AI Editor.
  • Added Wireless Mic In/Earphones Out. Make sure an external earphone is connected to the 3.5mm port of the Do-It-All Handle and that Pro is enabled in Video mode. The user will be able to check the wireless audio via the earphone while recording.
  • Added Trimmed Download (DJI Mimo of v1.5.8 or later required).
  • Added ability to lock the gimbal when using with the Mini Control Stick. Press and hold the right button of the Mini Control Stick to lock the gimbal and press again to unlock.
  • Added ability to choose the direction the camera is facing when powering on. Press and hold the Power button to power on with the camera facing the user and press and hold the Function button to power on with the camera facing forward.
  • Increased the time that the gimbal stays in position in order to fit it into the cover when powering off.
  • Optimized software and anti-interference of the wireless mic.
  • Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes:
  • If the update fails, restart DJI Pocket 2 and DJI Mimo and retry.
  • Contact DJI Support if the update fails again.

2021-1-5
Use props
simistef
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2142267 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Very much dissapointed of the super high crop on HDR video mode ...
2021-1-5
Use props
djiuser_B03yZ9tmDHBZ
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

Cool and all but whats up with that excesive zoom/crop in hdr video mode??
2021-1-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Thanks for the update, some really good workarounds and handy features.
2021-1-5
Use props
alexmbraMav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475220 ft
Portugal

Did you guys fixed the tracking problems?
2021-1-5
Use props
Nathan.L
lvl.2

Canada

Some great features. But the HDR mode is disappointing.
2021-1-5
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

Testing now...
2021-1-5
Use props
Ivan Fedorchenko
lvl.2
Flight distance : 555417 ft
Israel

What happen? HDR mode cropped and completely useless because the crop. Is it bug and will be fixed?
I bought the item and was aggreed with absent 4k for hdr... But FOV in current hdr realization is much more narrow then even in OP1!
I have the OP1 with wide angle lens and bought the OP2 only because advertisited HDR feature.
2021-1-5
Use props
alexmbraMav
lvl.4
Portugal

I just installed this update. The tracking feature, it looks like it got fixed.  I am only missing the tracking for 48 and 50 fps, like on Pocket 1.
HDR video, man, that is horrible. It does not have 4k, only HDR for 1080 and 2,7k. And also, but the HDR it is like it had no HDR at all. The normal video has better range than HDR has. kkkkkk
2021-1-5
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

alexmbraMav Posted at 1-5 12:15
I just installed this update. The tracking feature, it looks like it got fixed.  I am only missing the tracking for 48 and 50 fps, like on Pocket 1.
HDR video, man, that is horrible. It does not have 4k, only 1080 and 2k. And also, it has no HDR at all. The normal video has better range than HDR has. kkkkkk

I have 2.7k HDR and will be testing today... if the crappy weather clears.
2021-1-5
Use props
alexmbraMav
lvl.4
Portugal

Gulfstream Posted at 1-5 12:21
I have 2.7k HDR and will be testing today... if the crappy weather clears.

I edited my comment.  Yes, it has, but it is like it makes the image more darker than with no HDR.
2021-1-5
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985676 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Disapointing that there's only 1080p and 2,7k for HDR and I'm assuming the crop is because it is using native pixels and not downsampling.... You implented HDR really well on the Mavic Air 2 there's not reason you can't do the same for the Pocket.

2021-1-5
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Added Wireless Mic In/Earphones Out. Make sure an external earphone is connected to the 3.5mm port of the Do-It-All Handle and that Pro is enabled in Video mode. The user will be able to check the wireless audio via the earphone while recording.

This is NOT working for me... what could I do wrong... ? Using the original Pocket 2 Wireless Microphone and normar Sennheiser earphones...
OUTPUT when playing a recorded VIDEOfile (in PLAY) does work...

DJI... what can I do or... what do you need to do...
Tracking seems much better...

What are .LRF files ? I never saw those... I now see the following on the SD_Card:
DJI_001.LRF
DJI_001.MP4

??

Regards and a Happy 2021 full of DJI-surprises

Max
2021-1-5
Use props
tibzee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79616 ft
Switzerland

CanonMax Posted at 1-5 12:43
Added Wireless Mic In/Earphones Out. Make sure an external earphone is connected to the 3.5mm port of the Do-It-All Handle and that Pro is enabled in Video mode. The user will be able to check the wireless audio via the earphone while recording.

This is NOT working for me... what could I do wrong... ? Using the original Pocket 2 Wireless Microphone and normar Sennheiser earphones...

Check the PRO settings, there is an option to enable audio output.
2021-1-5
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

tibzee Posted at 1-5 12:50
Check the PRO settings, there is an option to enable audio output.

Ops.... could it be this simple and does it really mean I overlooked that...
Let me check... PRO-settings on the Pocket itself... ?

I did overlook it.. hehe.... but I was looking on my connected iPhone it there was any possiblity to put that option on...

THANK YOU so much!

Sincerely,

Max
2021-1-5
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

"Added ability to lock the gimbal when using with the Mini Control Stick. Press and hold the right button of the Mini Control Stick to lock the gimbal and press again to unlock."

Thanks DJI - a last a full implementation of full lock mode.   I see this as being very useful in a situation where you want the camera to point in a fixed direction for an extended period, without having to worry about moving your hand a bit.  Kind of like having the camera on a tripod, but no tripod required,  Such a situation might well be when making a video of a live performance on a stage.
2021-1-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
Looks like a great update!
2021-1-5
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I've not tested the new HDR mode, but obviously the crop is intentional - they'd hardly release the firmware after such a delay with this untested - and it will be for a good reason, not a whim.  We've seen DJI stating before that one of the design objectives of the device is to ensure continuing operation even if the camera gets hot, unlike others which may shut down.  Presumably HDR video is a resource intensive, heat producing feature and the data throughput has to be limited in some way to match the processing and thermal characteristics of the processor.  
2021-1-5
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Monitoring of the wireless mic - well that's a handy feature for amateur spies!
2021-1-5
Use props
Nathan.L
lvl.2

Canada

Andy Uk Posted at 1-5 12:39
Disapointing that there's only 1080p and 2,7k for HDR and I'm assuming the crop is because it is using native pixels and not downsampling.... You implented HDR really well on the Mavic Air 2 there's not reason you can't do the same for the Pocket.

I am guessing they use weaker processor for Pocket 2, causing all those problems with video quality.
2021-1-5
Use props
ivanf197
lvl.2
Israel

fansfe82067d Posted at 1-5 13:10
I've not tested the new HDR mode, but obviously the crop is intentional - they'd hardly release the firmware after such a delay with this untested - and it will be for a good reason, not a whim.  We've seen DJI stating before that one of the design objectives of the device is to ensure continuing operation even if the camera gets hot, unlike others which may shut down.  Presumably HDR video is a resource intensive, heat producing feature and the data throughput has to be limited in some way to match the processing and thermal characteristics of the processor.

When crop makes feature useless - it is not matter if it was intended or not. It is simple unusable, point.
Such things have to be considered at design stage and not as to do something in emergency mode to trick customers with "in paper, toy" feature, to prevent refunds.
2021-1-5
Use props
Nathan.L
lvl.2

Canada

fansfe82067d Posted at 1-5 13:10
I've not tested the new HDR mode, but obviously the crop is intentional - they'd hardly release the firmware after such a delay with this untested - and it will be for a good reason, not a whim.  We've seen DJI stating before that one of the design objectives of the device is to ensure continuing operation even if the camera gets hot, unlike others which may shut down.  Presumably HDR video is a resource intensive, heat producing feature and the data throughput has to be limited in some way to match the processing and thermal characteristics of the processor.

You won't think it's a reasonable comprise after you see the HDR footage.
2021-1-5
Use props
ivanf197
lvl.2
Israel

The crop in hdr about 1.7x. So, we get about 35mm focal length. Really? It is usable for Pocket 2 actual using?
Even with wide angle lens we get about 25mm. OP1 is 26mm in stock an it is too narrow, but it can be widen with lens.
2021-1-5
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I've now actually updated my Pocket 2, and did a very simple test of the HDR feature.  

From inside a room with no lights on, looking towards a large window with mid-morning cloudy daylight, I ran 10 seconds of HDR, then switched to normal video, and ran another 10 seconds with a 1.7x zoom, carefully ensuring the framing was the same as before.  The 1.7x zoom indeed is the amount required to replicate the HDR crop - am I right in thinking that 1.7x zoom has been said to be more or less lossless (so maybe that's why the HDR has that crop)?  Anyway, the differences between the two clips - in terms of blown highlights and areas going to black - was more or less none.  As the shots reveal my untidy house, I won't post them, sorry.  

So, I can't imagine using this feature, but then again, I was never much interested in it anyway, but I realise this will be a big disappointment for some.
2021-1-5
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

fansfe82067d Posted at 1-5 16:26
I've now actually updated my Pocket 2, and did a very simple test of the HDR feature.  

From inside a room with no lights on, looking towards a large window with mid-morning cloudy daylight, I ran 10 seconds of HDR, then switched to normal video, and ran another 10 seconds with a 1.7x zoom, carefully ensuring the framing was the same as before.  The 1.7x zoom indeed is the amount required to replicate the HDR crop - am I right in thinking that 1.7x zoom has been said to be more or less lossless (so maybe that's why the HDR has that crop)?  Anyway, the differences between the two clips - in terms of blown highlights and areas going to black - was more or less none.  As the shots reveal my untidy house, I won't post them, sorry.  

Normally the only reason HDR would have any crop would be that it cannot do the HDR and process the full sensor readout at the same time. So the  camera would only read enough pixels (2704x1520 for instance) from the center of the sensor and record that. That is what OP1 does for slow motion for instance.

I did not do the exact math, but the the ratios mentioned seem to be in the ballpark for a 2.7K readout out of a 16MP (binned) sensor.

Why HDR has no noticeable effect in P2 is a sad mystery though. Even with Osmo Action it is quite significant (despite using a much inferior technique); and it can be enabled up to 4K 30, without any crop.
2021-1-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

hallmark007 Posted at 1-5 11:29
Thanks for the update, some really good workarounds and handy features.

Hello there hallmark007. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Have a safe and a happy filming always.
2021-1-5
Use props
Infidel101
lvl.1
Japan

can we attach the Pocket 2 to our PC now and use as a webcam?
2021-1-5
Use props
chririva
lvl.3

Poland

Why did you name the superzoom function as HDR?

Well what to say.. I cannot even enjoy the hdr on my new 4k hdr television, since you weren't able to implement it....

Another disappointed here
2021-1-6
Use props
fans6d977f25
lvl.1
  • >>>
Russia

I've been using DJI products for a long time.

And I wanna ask developers team to bring one feature (awaited by thousands of consumers) to life. Since DJI Osmo Pocket (1st gen) has been released.

It's a webcam mode. DJI Pocket 2 is high-tech consumer product, especially Creator Combo pack. And only one killer feature is missed – webcam mode.

I want DJI Pocket 2 to be connected to my new MacMini M1 2020 and being able to use it as video (at least 1080p) and audio source in QuickTime (and other similar software) recordings.

Please, bring this feature in the new firmware and thousands and thousands of customers will be happy that 2021 year.
2021-1-6
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Seriously add the Full Gimbal Lock mode to the Pocket itself. Not just Mini Control Stick. I always use Controller Wheel or Extension Rod so I still don't have that feature.

What was the point with Mini Control Stick??

Make things from human (users) perspective not engineers.
2021-1-6
Use props
Walter White
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96522 ft
Italy

Thanks for share, i try now
2021-1-6
Use props
net23
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9337 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like you STILL CANNOT SHOOT 8X Slowmotion from within Mimo! Seriously DJI...? I reported this BUG a long time ago. What's the deal?
2021-1-6
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Aavalaakso Posted at 1-6 01:11
Seriously add the Full Gimbal Lock mode to the Pocket itself. Not just Mini Control Stick. I always use Controller Wheel or Extension Rod so I still don't have that feature.

What was the point with Mini Control Stick??

The firmware for the controller wheel and the stick might not be upgradable without consequences for the users of the Pocket 1, for whom those accessories were designed originally.  But I agree, it would be good to have that option.  I've suggested in another thread that perhaps they could put a lock button on the Mimo app at least - I don't use the extension rod without the phone, personally.
2021-1-6
Use props
northaal
lvl.4
United Kingdom

What about an HDR mode for Photos?
2021-1-6
Use props
Sauliuslag
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CanonMax Posted at 1-5 12:43

Connect wireless module to the camera. Turn ON Pro settings on the camera. Turn ON wireless mic. Tap to the yellow "PRO" in the left top corner, swipe to the left, tap "earphones ON".Leave wireless microphone  it in another room close to TV, radio or other device. Connect your earphones to the wireless module on the camera. Go to another room with camera. You will hear sound in your earphones. Do step by step. Should work.
2021-1-6
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sauliuslag Posted at 1-6 04:31
Connect wireless module to the camera. Turn ON Pro settings on the camera. Turn ON wireless mic. Tap to the yellow "PRO" in the left top corner, swipe to the left, tap "earphones ON".Leave wireless microphone  it in another room close to TV, radio or other device. Connect your earphones to the wireless module on the camera. Go to another room with camera. You will hear sound in your earphones. Do step by step. Should work.[view_image]

That indeed is how it works... the feature is kind of hidden..
I myself was not able to find it immediately, but on the forum we do have clever, smart and friendly co-users!!
The only thing I noticed is that EACH/EVERY MP4-file (I was filming 1080 30 fps PRO) has a .LRF file with the same number...

Take care,
Max
2021-1-6
Use props
Jetcopter
lvl.1
United States

Firmware update process was flawless. Ran test of HDR vs non-HDR and I see no difference in dynamic range except HDR clip quality is horrible with the zoom also potentially some focus issues.  Please let that be a bug, otherwise HDR mode is useless.
2021-1-6
Use props
MKosmo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I like the gimbal lock function.

There is  however still an exposure gremlin.   It happens in all scenes , however is only visually noticeable in certain scenarios.  The exposure pulses every second. Hoping this can
Be sorted in a future firmware.
2021-1-6
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The level of the new monitoring feature seems very low and I can't spot a way of adjusting it.  Not really useful as it is.  In playback you can swipe up or down to change volume, but even if I set max volume in the playback function, it doesn't affect monitoring volume, which seems set at about 10 out of 100 (compared to playback volume).
2021-1-6
Use props
Blellow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Shame on dji for the lame hdr. This will not be forgotten.  I will never buy a dji product again.
2021-1-6
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules