Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
2.4ghz Interference meter?
1684 4 2015-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cravac
lvl.3
United States

Is there a detector that can tell if there's interference?
It wasn't with my i1, but I have a Movi M15 gimbal that uses a Futaba 2.4 tx / rx setup and yesterday on a shoot they were having issues with the connection.I wasn't there, was busy on a different set.

I didn't think much about it, until later in the day,
There was also a 12 rotor UAV flying the RED cam for the shoot and it went down.
2nd hand account:
They took off, got up to about 35' and the motors just lowered rpm.
Pilot was fighting with it, but lost the battle, he felt he lost signal with the bird.

Wondering if there's a meter that can monitor how much interference we might encounter?
I found these, but not sure if they'll do what I need, seem more like ways to find bad stuff around the house
http://www.lessemf.com/rf.html
Any help will be greatly appreciated, as always

2015-7-3
Use props
SimplePanda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

The Inspire 1 remote itself will show you the channel pollution for channels that the I1 can use (settings -> remote). You may be able to use this to verify a generally noisy RF environment.

Strange a Futaba would have issues. I find Futaba's FASST gear to be more or less rock solid within sane ranges. I've sent standard 2.4ghz gear (TF8G Super + 6208SB) to multi-km distances without even a hint of control link issues. You start losing vTX long long before you lose RC.
2015-7-3
Use props
mattd
lvl.3

Australia

SimplePanda Posted at 2015-7-4 11:00
The Inspire 1 remote itself will show you the channel pollution for channels that the I1 can use (se ...

Yeah, even in the most heavy congested 2.4ghz the futaba channel hopping keeps a strong connection with the aircraft for really long distances.

I doubt it would be the interference, more likely a fault with something wether it's the receiver, transmitter or something on the aircraft such as esc, battery, on board computer, etc

In answer to your question you can download apps for android that are wifi spectrum analysers. Or get a ubiquiti picostation and rig it up so it uses a lipo as a power source and then log on to it with a laptop and use its software to check for interference and channel activity. It comes with it as apart of its wifi "airos"

Air view
Use the airView Spectrum Analyzer to analyze the noiseenvironment of the radio spectrum and intelligently selectthe optimal frequency to install a PtP airMAX link.
2015-7-4
Use props
dgoss999
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8123 ft
United Kingdom

mattd@internode Posted at 2015-7-4 21:39
Yeah, even in the most heavy congested 2.4ghz the futaba channel hopping keeps a strong connection  ...

Does any one know what FHSS scheme that DJI uses. I haven't ever seen any spec published anywhere
2015-7-13
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

I am only flying in line of sight and when it comes to the video feed I am not very sensitive to the little lag I am having.
As long as the video file on the memory card is intact I am happy!   

There must be a huge different between the signal to control the Inspires movement as to the video feed regarding amount of "data" transfered.

The video signal is probably a lot more sensitive regarding interference.
Even if you had interference regarding the stick movements in the RC they should only be "interference" and the loss of control should be highly temporary ... we are getting total black outs with total loss of control ...
This is malfunction ... not interference!

2015-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules