2673 21 2021-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Mavic Mini DJI Fly App Update 1.2.2 for Android & iOS - Demo of the new DJI Fly App 1.2.2 where you gain access to a new compass/attitude indicator that packs a lot of info that if interpreted correctly will provide value in flight.

2021-1-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Henrik Olsen. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this interesting video you have created for the DJI Fly application. Great work and thank you for your support.  
2021-1-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Any idea why they're not using the play store for this update?
2021-1-8
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Denmark

DAFlys Posted at 1-8 01:53

yes, this is very strange as there is no formal approval process for Android

@DJIStephen you might know this?
2021-1-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice video!
2021-1-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very informative video Henrik.  
2021-1-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-8 01:29
Hello there Henrik Olsen. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this interesting video you have created for the DJI Fly application. Great work and thank you for your support.

Can you solve the mystery as to why DJI is not using the play store for current updates?  The latest updates for Fly and Mimo are still not in the Google Play Store.  I did notice that the latest Mimo is in the Samsung Galaxy Store.  
2021-1-8
Use props
fans20bcf587
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I installed the update... I like the new compass/map... didn't like it hasn't got the smoothness of the video decoder of the app until version 1.1.0 (the first one supporting the MA2). I am afraid we'll never see that again.
2021-1-8
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

You missed two things. The blue dot is your position in refrence to the H home position. Little dot on the side of the blue dot is your position of the antennas pointing and you have turn your controller so the little blue dot is toward the the drone arrow for best signal. That is very important.Doug
2021-1-8
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Denmark

Donut Posted at 1-8 23:29
You missed two things. The blue dot is your position in red

Please elaborate, thanks
2021-1-8
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
United States

Henrik Olsen Posted at 1-8 23:31
Please elaborate, thanks

I updated my post
2021-1-8
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Denmark

Donut Posted at 1-8 23:34
I updated my post

Thank you and yes I should have included the blue dot showing the antenna position, less important for mini 2, but highly relevant for mini.

Are you sure the blue dot is relative to the home point and not the air craft position?
2021-1-9
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Denmark

Donut Posted at 1-8 23:34
I updated my post
Sorry, double post
2021-1-9
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
United States

Henrik Olsen Posted at 1-9 00:23
Thank you and yes I should have included the blue dot showing the antenna position, less important for mini 2, but highly relevant for mini.

Are you sure the blue dot is relative to the home point and not the air craft position?

The blue dot  is in references to where you are standing from the H Home
Point.
But there is a second blue dot on the side of the bigger blue dot snd that second little blue dot needs to be pointed toward the drone triangle by rotating the controller to line up on the side toward the drone triangle. ,, by rotating your body in a circle.
Hope I explained that right.
Doug
2021-1-9
Use props
MartG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 372533 ft
United Kingdom

As far as indicating which direction the drone is to point your antenna the new compass is as much use as a chocolate teapot

At best it shows as a tiny blue spec peeking out from under the home point icon, almost invisible on my iphone screen. Once the drone is more than a few metres away it seems like the icons change scale so the direction indicator is completely obscured - the further away the drone is ( which is when you REALLY need to see at a glance the direction the drone is in ) the worse the issue becomes.

To me this makes 1.2.2 unusable for all but the shortest range flights.

Please reinstated the old, easy to see direction indicator
2021-1-9
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
United States

MartG Posted at 1-9 10:50
As far as indicating which direction the drone is to point your antenna the new compass is as much use as a chocolate teapot

At best it shows as a tiny blue spec peeking out from under the home point icon, almost invisible on my iphone screen. Once the drone is more than a few metres away it seems like the icons change scale so the direction indicator is completely obscured - the further away the drone is ( which is when you REALLY need to see at a glance the direction the drone is in ) the worse the issue becomes.

Yes I think the tiny blue dot on the side of the larger blue dot is just to small.
I’m wondering if you step back and farther away from the H RTH point.
The big blue dot is in reference to the H Home that is where you are standing.
The tiny blue dot on the side of the larger blue dot is for the direction you are pointing the antennas and if you rotate yourself and the controller until the tiny blue dot is in direct line in the compass drone indicator your antenna is at its optimum position for a signal to the drone.
That is much more important on the Mini 2.  And it is also helps on the Mini 1.
Doug
2021-1-9
Use props
djharrisx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5718163 ft
United Kingdom

Donut Posted at 1-9 12:59
Yes I think the tiny blue dot on the side of the larger blue dot is just to small.
I’m wondering if you step back and farther away from the H RTH point.
The big blue dot is in reference to the H Home that is where you are standing.

Increasing the size of the arrow attached to the RC location blue dot would be a good move - it is effectively invisible on a phone screen. However, a much more important step would be to swap  the 'Z' values of the RC dot and the Home point indicator. There is no earthly reason why the home point icon, which doesn't change, overlays the RC indicator with its vital orientation indicator.

2021-1-9
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

2021-1-9
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Flight distance : 250541 ft
Canada

No one has noticed that he said "new version 1.1.2 " about 3 times in the video ?? ....it's 1.2.2.
2021-1-9
Use props
lacibaci
Second Officer
Flight distance : 235682 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-8 01:53

Still not in Google Play store?

@DJIStephen
2021-1-13
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Flight distance : 250541 ft
Canada

lacibaci Posted at 1-13 06:27
Still not in Google Play store?

@DJIStephen

it will eventually , it is just super slow , as usual ,  to add the new version to the play store.
2021-1-13
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

djharrisx Posted at 1-9 14:19
Increasing the size of the arrow attached to the RC location blue dot would be a good move - it is effectively invisible on a phone screen. However, a much more important step would be to swap  the 'Z' values of the RC dot and the Home point indicator. There is no earthly reason why the home point icon, which doesn't change, overlays the RC indicator with its vital orientation indicator.

[view_image]

Well said
2021-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules