Dji why did you expand the Washington D.C no fly zone?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rdc44444
lvl.4

United States

ok I bought three p3advances knowing I lived just inside the Dc 15.5 mile no fly zone. Knowing I had to drive about 2 miles to fly I was okay with that. I had a couple of lakes and parks to go fly. I went to fly today after caching google maps and all I got was red screen vs a map. Got home and now according to the dji app the no fly zone has been extended an an extra 2 or 3 miles? Was the original 15.5 mile no fly zone not correct?
2015-7-3
Use props
venomx15301
lvl.3

United States

Some loser crashed his phantom into the white house lawn so the Feds had it increased.
2015-7-4
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

Yep stupid people. I fear that there are alot of stupid people with these... It's only going to get worse...
2015-7-4
Use props
arives
lvl.4
Flight distance : 453684 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you near any National Park? They are no-fly zones.
2015-7-4
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

arives@capecod. Posted at 2015-7-5 01:34

National Parks may have prohibitions on flying UAV's , but the are not FAA restricted no-fly-zones. Same as locations that have temporary flight restrictions imposed.

2015-7-4
Use props
rdc44444
lvl.4

United States

The  diameter  of the dc no fly zone  changed. I live just inside the no fly zone and  before I could drive 2 miles to a lake and fly my p3.  Now according to the dji pilot its part of the dc no fly zone. I noticed the whole 15 mile area either shifted further south and/or west or increased in size.
2015-7-4
Use props
rdc44444
lvl.4

United States

arives@capecod. Posted at 2015-7-5 01:34

They are more like lakes with trails and not really parks.
2015-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules