DJI Fly app Download Offline Maps by Region
8515 8 2021-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

DJI, Please add the ability to download offline maps in the DJI Fly app by region or area.  This feature is must for those that fly in areas without an internet connection and for explorers who find new spots on the go.  The feature already exists in the GO 4.
2021-1-8
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

+1 Agree - if this features is already available in other DJI apps, why not add this for DJI Fly. Many other mapping apps have this feature to enhance use when in a non data capable location.
2021-1-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, JohnLietzke. Thanks for reaching out! Currently, this option is not yet introduced to the DJI Fly but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Fly.
2021-1-8
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-8 23:31
Hi, JohnLietzke. Thanks for reaching out! Currently, this option is not yet introduced to the DJI Fly but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Fly.

No no no no... not even remotely an acceptable response.
I have a new Smart Controller with my new Mavic Air 2....
I HAVE to use it with the FLY APP to use my MA 2.
I don't have WiFi OR Cellular service where I fly.
And now I can't use Offline Maps ?!!?   
I normally don't get indignant with Moderators replies, but this really sets me off !
When I fly with either my cheap, outdated Spark I can get Offline Maps
When I flew with my Mavic Pro, now three years old, I could get and fly Offline Maps.
What's the issue here?  
Go4, -which is used on the MP group- has offline mapping and it's data resides on the Smart Controller, why can't it be made available to Fly?  So much for spending $1500 and LOOSING functionality.
2021-1-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 just got a smart controller and this is essential.
2021-12-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I am used now to the FlyApp.....but still miss the Go4 app.  For sure for the Compass/Attitude indicator wich is very usefull in the Go4 but almost useless in the FlyApp!

But afraid...DJI doesn`t listen too much to customers.....

cheers
JJB
2021-12-2
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Concur, DJI should listen and add offline maps.  With the growing number of local ordinances, restricted areas and flights in rural places without cellular coverage offline maps seems like a logical safety and awareness feature.
2021-12-2
Use props
UAV-KMP
lvl.2
United States

Or at least program DJI Fly to utilize the Offline Maps stored within Google Maps. It's pretty lame that DJI Fly does not have a built in feature to selectively store offline map data.
2021-12-6
Use props
fans8d873b31
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31562 ft
United States

WebParrot Posted at 2021-1-10 14:23
No no no no... not even remotely an acceptable response.
I have a new Smart Controller with my new Mavic Air 2....
I HAVE to use it with the FLY APP to use my MA 2.

I fully agree! I can't imagine how ridiculous especially after having to buy a new phone I was really not planning on, on top of that I never got Go4 to work on my P4P+ either!

Time we all tire of Dji's sh-tagiver attitude toward their customers. Competition is the answer.
2023-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules