Battery Connection to the center Board Has failed!
1554 3 2015-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JKT
lvl.4

United States

On 5/13 My Inspire 1 was sent to DJI after experiencing a Fly-away
On 6/23 Inspire 1 was Finally delivered to my house
Less than a week a go I updated the batteries since my Bird was sent out a day before the latest firmware came out. I used the SD card that came with my Inspire 1 to update my 7 batteries. All of them updated Successfully.

Today July the 3rd had the opportunity to Finally check how my Inspire 1 was working.

After putting on my gimbal and turning on my inspire 1 I notice that the gimbal didn't make the initial turns for gimbal calibration. I saw my iPad and it was all black. I saw a message that said battery connection to  the center board has Failed. Below that message there was another message that said " Hardware Malfunction: Contact DJI Support to arrange for Support.

At that moment I was Just so upset thinking that I wouldn't have my drone for almost another 2 months. I packed up when to my job Contacted DJI chat support. They said to sent them the log file and that i should try updating the firmware all over again. Even after explaining to the person on that chat that the Gimbal was  dead he said that I should connect the computer to the gimbal!    I Asked the tech support if it would work and well while I waited for ever I removed the SD Card and Turn on my Inspire 1 and out of the blue the gimbal Finally made the initial turns immediately after turning on the bird. Finally the technician reply to me and I explained that it was working. I asked him what might had cause that message but of curse he had no logical explanation to what might have been the problem.

Has anyone else experience this Issue and should I be concern that it might happen to me again? I have yet to fly my Inspire 1 as I was at work. Hopefully tomorrow I will have a successful flight. My main concern is if I am in the middle  of a flight and that message appears again and my screen goes black not showing any information regarding my bird will i be able to use my Return to Home button? I Just want to be able to feel confident to bring back my drone. i feel like this message sounds very Serious, specially when you are flying a device that can injure some one if it where to fall from the sky.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have also included a picture of the Message I got.

I thought DJI LA support had tested my Inspire 1 but in reality I have no clue if they actually tested my Inspire 1. As my flight Log doesn't show any other flights, but the ones I made. Nothing from LA.

By the way DJI La support said everything was fine with my inspire 1 and that the Firmware update fixed the issue. I wonder what really cause that fly-away and if they really do anything to fixed the issue. I am sure the flight log showed something.

hope some one can shed some light!

image.jpg
2015-7-3
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

Yep.   Here's my post.  Happened to me three days after I got mine new.     http://forum.dji.com/thread-19582-1-1.html

Smoke came from mine after I landed.    I don't think I'd risk flying it.   Unless this is a general error and could mean anything.   But the message said to send it in for repair.  I sent mine back for refund. I was under the 7 day refund policy.  Three weeks after they recieved it........still no refund.    They are making it so hard to get a refund I've had to resort to contacting my bank
2015-7-4
Use props
JKT
lvl.4

United States

InspirelessAggi Posted at 2015-7-5 02:19
Yep.   Here's my post.  Happened to me three days after I got mine new.     http://forum.dji.com/thr ...

Why did you get a refund and not just and exchange?  Now you got me conceern about my Bird! Flew it for like 10 - 15 Minutes  everything was working fine but now I am wondering....
2015-7-4
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

JKT Posted at 2015-7-5 05:41
Why did you get a refund and not just and exchange?  Now you got me conceern about my Bird! Flew i ...

I initially wanted an exchange.  While I was WAITING for them to check in the inspire. Evidently when the receiving dock gets it, it isn't checked in. It just sits there waiting in line for days and days.    I started reading about all the crappy customer service.   I started to worry about after sale care.    I called them and asked if they could send out a new one and they said they would but didn't know when.   So I asked them if they would refund me what I paid and honor the coupon code.  I had one for 10%.    Tech talked to his supervisor and told me no, they wouldn't honor the coupon price and no I couldn't have that discount again.   So I slept on it.   I read a post by SkyNinja and saw how they treated him and I was convinced that DJI wasn't going to get my money.     

You see, a new product that has this error and stops running after 3 days, emits smoke,  should be instantly replaced.  What they should of done is appologized and sent out a new one right away.   Instead, they first told me I couldn't have a refund.   Then I informed them about the policy and the fact mine went bad under 7 days.   Then they gave me a hard time about waffeling back and forth from exchange to refund.  So, I told them that I was the customer.  I had the right to change my mind and I would be taking the refund.   

Aren't you tired of being screwed around with- with long wait times for repair just to get another unit that does this?  I am sure they will offer you an expedited RMA.  Ask for it.   They may not offer it to you.    Had they offered me an expedited RMA on a unit that burned out on day 3, I would of taken it.  Instead they seemed indifferent in getting me a replacement quickly or honoring the 10% off coupon.   I would of just purchased another and waited for the refund on the defective unit.  Instead, they made things difficult.   So, I seem to value my money more then they do.  

BTW,  I tried two different batteries after I landed.  I was lucky to have landed.   Both batteries returned 0% when plugged in.   So, it wasn't an issue with the battery.  It was in fact somewhere after the battery.    And the smoke didn't really come from the battery, it was more under the plastic shell.
2015-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules