Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mini 2 / DJI Fly app continued issue list
12Next >
6320 61 2021-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Turfolk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 248757 ft
Denmark

As I continue to discover minor issues with the DJI Mini 2 and/or DJI Fly app for IOS I will maintain this list continuedly and hope that DJI engineers pay attention. The list will at all times be based on latest Mini 2 firmware, DJI Fly app version and IOS version.  

Rev. date: 18-03-2021 (Latest share with support@dji.com 04-03-2021)
Latest verification test flight: 17-03-2021

App and Firmware versions:
DJI Fly IOS version: 1.3.1 (on Iphone 11)
Mini 2 firmware version: 02.00.1200
Flysafe database version: 01.00.01.19

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DJI Mini 2 issues:
  • No issues found at this point that can be solidly isolated to the drone :-)

DJI Fly app issues:
  • False error code: 120948 resulting in restricted altitude and distance (temp. solution log out and back in on DJI Fly app)
  • Do not remember the setting for Phone Charging. Implement OFF/ON/ALWAYS ON option
  • Chinese text on button in dialog box when lost connection during transfer in quick transfer mode “Failed to download certain files due…….”

DJI Mini 2 / DJI Fly app issues (potential integration issues)
  • AE lock does not lock WB. (this is important as you only want to have to hit one button before starting video recording)
  • 360 photo exif not correct (needs post processing before recognized as 360 photo)
  • AEB photos not automatically merged (need manual post processing/merging)
  • AEB mode sometimes only taking two pictures
  • Quick Transfer is very (overly) sensitive to interference (download speed down to 300 kb/s)

Nice (expected) to have:
  • Active track, the drone can do it so please enable it!
  • Spotlight function, the drone can do it so please enable it!
  • Ability to adjust max. speed and stick curve for all directions in all modes and as a minimum for CineSmooth mode
  • Ability to see shutter and ISO on main screen in photo auto mode (just like they are shown in manual mode)
  • Simi auto exposure mode where you can lock ISO or shutter while the other adapts automatically (like SLR camera do shutter and aperture setting)
  • D-Cinelike video setting

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Turfolk.dk is a specialiced Danish website that deals with outdoor adventures. We use drone movies and images to document our adventures mainly for use on our website, Facebook and Instagram. Main reason for using the Mini 2 is the small form factor, low weight, wind robustness, capability to charge by portable solar panels and power bank feature of charging hub. We do not have the possibility to carry around one of the bigger and more advanced DJI drones and therefor heavily rely on advanced functions to be available on the DJI Mini 2.

For more information please visit:
www.turfolk.dk
https://www.facebook.com/www.turfolk.dk
https://www.instagram.com/turfolk.dk/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq_K0OHLCeVZbfzqIT_x-EQ/featured

2021-1-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What needs to be done to the 360 pano for it to be recognised?
2021-1-10
Use props
Monkey007
Captain
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes, Focus Track is certainly nice to have. Not sure if the Phone Charging setting is an 'issue' though.  DJI might have purposefully made it in the OFF position by default. You'd be surprised how many Android users are complaining that phone charging can't be switched off at all.
2021-1-10
Use props
Turfolk
Second Officer
Denmark

DAFlys Posted at 1-10 11:12
What needs to be done to the 360 pano for it to be recognised?

Not sure what the problem is but it needs post processing before showing correct at for example Facebook. I'm using nadirpatch.com for this.
2021-1-10
Use props
Turfolk
Second Officer
Denmark

Monkey007 Posted at 1-10 11:38
Yes, Focus Track is certainly nice to have. Not sure if the Phone Charging setting is an 'issue' though.  DJI might have purposefully made it in the OFF position by default. You'd be surprised how many Android users are complaining that phone charging can't be switched off at all.

Then the option OFF/ON/ALWAYS ON would be the right implementation.
2021-1-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Turfolk Posted at 1-10 11:46
Not sure what the problem is but it needs post processing before showing correct at for example Facebook. I'm using nadirpatch.com for this.

Are you using the pano EXIF patcher kn that site?
2021-1-10
Use props
Turfolk
Second Officer
Denmark

DAFlys Posted at 1-10 12:01
Are you using the pano EXIF patcher kn that site?

nadirpatch.com, option: Flat Pano -> Exif Patched
2021-1-10
Use props
TDZHDTV
First Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

These are your issues or collected from the forum? Add false Atti Mode warnings while 20 plus satellites locked
2021-1-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Turfolk Posted at 1-10 12:04
nadirpatch.com, option: Flat Pano -> Exif Patched

Have you compared the EXIF before and after patching?
2021-1-10
Use props
Turfolk
Second Officer
Denmark

TDZHDTV Posted at 1-10 12:07
These are your issues or collected from the forum? Add false Atti Mode warnings while 20 plus satellites locked

No, these are the issues I have experienced myself.

Could you explain a bit more on the false Atti mode? I haven't see that one.
2021-1-10
Use props
Turfolk
Second Officer
Denmark

DAFlys Posted at 1-10 12:09
Have you compared the EXIF before and after patching?

No, not yet.
2021-1-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It certainly would be interesting to know what it’s changing.
2021-1-10
Use props
Magoo1979
Flight distance : 196135 ft
Australia

When downloading photo and video from DJI fly app it appears double in by phone photo album (Auto Sync HD photos and Caching is disabled)

Not sure but Maybe check setting as the photos could be jpeg plus raw formats.  (Read somewhere else on a forum) is why you get two.
2021-1-10
Use props
djiuser_C7EKSnkoWq7L
New
United States

I have noticed, at times, when doing AEB it only takes 2 photos instead of 3 on the mini 2. Anyone else experience this?  Also, is there a way to tell which photos were taken with AEB because I see the numbers just go up consecutively making it difficult to differentiate when combining for HDR.
2021-1-10
Use props
peager
lvl.4
Flight distance : 117001 ft
Slovakia

Maybe ability off sound from controler
2021-1-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Turfolk. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information and your insights with regards to this matter. I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support and fly safe always.
2021-1-10
Use props
Turfolk
Second Officer
Denmark

djiuser_C7EKSnkoWq7L Posted at 1-10 16:10
I have noticed, at times, when doing AEB it only takes 2 photos instead of 3 on the mini 2. Anyone else experience this?  Also, is there a way to tell which photos were taken with AEB because I see the numbers just go up consecutively making it difficult to differentiate when combining for HDR.

I actually experienced that yesterday. I will add it to the list.
2021-1-10
Use props
Turfolk
Second Officer
Denmark

Magoo1979 Posted at 1-10 14:52
When downloading photo and video from DJI fly app it appears double in by phone photo album (Auto Sync HD photos and Caching is disabled)

Not sure but Maybe check setting as the photos could be jpeg plus raw formats.  (Read somewhere else on a forum) is why you get two.

It is set to only JPEG
2021-1-10
Use props
dji_MODDER
Captain
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Please ADD, AE lock in manual mode, it belongs there instead of in automatic mode.
Ability to manage video settings in quickdronies like shooting in 2.7k 60fps.

2021-1-10
Use props
Turfolk
Second Officer
Denmark

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-10 20:01
Hello there Turfolk. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information and your insights with regards to this matter. I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support and fly safe always.

Thanks Stephen, much appreciated but I think you need to continue to follow up with them as I see some of these issues in other posts and not being adressed.

2021-1-10
Use props
Turfolk
Second Officer
Denmark

dji_MODDER Posted at 1-10 23:36
Please ADD, AE lock in manual mode, it belongs there instead of in automatic mode.
Ability to manage video settings in quickdronies like shooting in 2.7k 60fps.

This one you need to explain to me? In manual exposure mode AE is locked by definition so why do you want to add it. Unless naturally to lock WB but that does not happen with AE lock today anyway.
2021-1-10
Use props
dji_MODDER
Captain
Netherlands

Just like the MP1, in automatic mode all things are auto set,
In manual mode, in my opion is to set everything I like, locking AE for taking a panorama is a must otherwise you get an overexpose panorama in the direction of the sun.
To get the perfect panorama is to turn the drone into the sun, set manually the exposure,  lock AE , turn into the direction where you want to start taking your panorama and shoot.
2021-1-10
Use props
TDZHDTV
First Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Turfolk Posted at 1-10 12:37
No, these are the issues I have experienced myself.

Could you explain a bit more on the false Atti mode? I haven't see that one.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D766%26typeid%3D766
2021-1-11
Use props
Turfolk
Second Officer
Denmark

TDZHDTV Posted at 1-11 01:43
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=232940&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D766%26typeid%3D766

I have not had this issue at all during my flights.
2021-1-11
Use props
sbonev
Captain
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

DAFlys Posted at 1-10 12:39
It certainly would be interesting to know what it’s changing.

for a 360 photo to be properly recognized the resolution format should be 2:1 and the projection type property in the exif data set to equirectangular.
2021-1-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sbonev Posted at 1-11 01:59
for a 360 photo to be properly recognized the resolution format should be 2:1 and the projection type property in the exif data set to equirectangular.

Do we know if the mini 2 is missing that?  Someone posted a week or so ago that his 360's were being accepted fine at street view.
2021-1-11
Use props
sbonev
Captain
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

DAFlys Posted at 1-11 02:11
Do we know if the mini 2 is missing that?  Someone posted a week or so ago that his 360's were being accepted fine at street view.

they cannot without additional adjustments. the exif data is definitely missing, the resolution is fine. I always stitch them manually as i find the quality of the ones created by the app ridiculous...
2021-1-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sbonev Posted at 1-11 02:30
they cannot without additional adjustments. the exif data is definitely missing, the resolution is fine. I always stitch them manually as i find the quality of the ones created by the app ridiculous...

He had a detailed list of steps he went through and there was no editing involved.
2021-1-11
Use props
Turfolk
Second Officer
Denmark

dji_MODDER Posted at 1-10 23:51
Just like the MP1, in automatic mode all things are auto set,
In manual mode, in my opion is to set everything I like, locking AE for taking a panorama is a must otherwise you get an overexpose panorama in the direction of the sun.
To get the perfect panorama is to turn the drone into the sun, set manually the exposure,  lock AE , turn into the direction where you want to start taking your panorama and shoot.

But I believe that you can still use AE lock with the different panoramas. What I do is pointing the drone to the light setting I want, lock AE and do the pano with AE locked.

Only issue is that WB is not locked with AE lock and that is an error. It’s on the list.
2021-1-11
Use props
djiuser_wop5QRwz88Oq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13363 ft

United States

I am thinking the same thing if a DJI app dev sees this it would be much appreciated thank you
2021-1-11
Use props
djiuser_wop5QRwz88Oq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13363 ft

United States

I am thinking the same thing if a DJI app dev sees this it would be much appreciated thank you
2021-1-11
Use props
Turfolk
Second Officer
Denmark

sbonev Posted at 1-11 02:30
they cannot without additional adjustments. the exif data is definitely missing, the resolution is fine. I always stitch them manually as i find the quality of the ones created by the app ridiculous...

I have tested with both Google and Facebook and they do not work until post processed. When looking at the exif details available on windows properties view I do not see find any change between the pictures.

End of investigation, DJI please fix it!
2021-1-11
Use props
JohnLietzke
Captain
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

The option to charge your phone only works for IOS.  USB & USB C are persistent power passthrough which prevents disabling charging when connected.  IOS uses the lightning interface which has the ability to enable and disable charging while still connecting for data transfer in its design and does not require persistent power.
2021-1-12
Use props
Turfolk
Second Officer
Denmark

JohnLietzke Posted at 1-12 00:52
The option to charge your phone only works for IOS.  USB & USB C are persistent power passthrough which prevents disabling charging when connected.  IOS uses the lightning interface which has the ability to enable and disable charging while still connecting for data transfer in its design and does not require persistent power.

That's great but we still need the ability to turn it on and off permanently.   
2021-1-12
Use props
dji_MODDER
Captain
Netherlands

Turfolk Posted at 1-11 12:33
But I believe that you can still use AE lock with the different panoramas. What I do is pointing the drone to the light setting I want, lock AE and do the pano with AE locked.

Only issue is that WB is not locked with AE lock and that is an error. It’s on the list.

nevertheless, AE lock is also needed in manual mode.
2021-1-12
Use props
Turfolk
Second Officer
Denmark

dji_MODDER Posted at 1-12 02:05
nevertheless, AE lock is also needed in manual mode.

Maybe I'm slow but do we agree that:

a) In manual exposure mode you control both ISO and shutter speed and they will not change unless you change them.

b) In AE lock the ISO and shutter speed is locked to values when activated and will not change unless you deactivate AE lock

Given a and b it makes no sense to have AE lock in manual mode as the values is allready locked by you and will not change unless you change them or leave manual mode.

If DJI make the change to also lock WB with AE lock (as it should be) then it would make sense to have AE lock in manual mode as that would be a fast way of locking WB also in manual mode.
2021-1-12
Use props
JohnLietzke
Captain
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Turfolk Posted at 1-12 01:57
That's great but we still need the ability to turn it on and off permanently.

It is not possible and will never be possible to turn off charging programmatically in the DJI Fly app for USB or USB C cable.  It is both protocol and device specific.
2021-1-12
Use props
AdmBenson
Second Officer
France

The fact that DJI assistant2 does not work with the Mini2 is for me the biggest issue. Because there is no way to recover in case of FW upgrade issue
2021-1-12
Use props
Turfolk
Second Officer
Denmark

AdmBenson Posted at 1-12 11:58
The fact that DJI assistant2 does not work with the Mini2 is for me the biggest issue. Because there is no way to recover in case of FW upgrade issue

Agree, that might become an issue if there is no other way to recover the firmware installation.
2021-1-12
Use props
Turfolk
Second Officer
Denmark

JohnLietzke Posted at 1-12 09:30
It is not possible and will never be possible to turn off charging programmatically in the DJI Fly app for USB or USB C cable.  It is both protocol and device specific.

I know, but for IOS devices it is possible to do a ON/OFF/ALWAYS ON option and that should be done.
2021-1-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules