Do the batteries discharge?
1251 13 2021-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mavic2zoom-ch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5547667 ft
United Kingdom

Do the Mini 2 batteries discarge themselves after a few days of inactivity as the Mavic 2 ones do?I saw no reference to it in the DJI Fly app (it's a configurable option in the Go 4 app)

2021-1-10
Use props
Skynet5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20253 ft
United Kingdom

P21 of the manual.

Not as advanced. Drops to 72% after 5 days or something like that.

At least it'll help reduce the risk of them blowing up!
2021-1-10
Use props
mavic2zoom-ch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5547667 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks.

The manual ... I should take a read of that :-)
2021-1-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there mavic2zoom-ch. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. The DJI Mini 2 has an Auto-Discharging Function to prevent swelling. The battery automatically discharges to approximately 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day, and automatically discharges to approximately 72% of the battery level when it is idle for five days. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process. Thank you.
2021-1-10
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

My Mini 2 battery does NOT discharge. It has the latest update but does not anyway. No idea why not.
2021-1-10
Use props
Mini Kolli
lvl.2
Germany

GaryDoug Posted at 1-10 22:17
My Mini 2 battery does NOT discharge. It has the latest update but does not anyway. No idea why not.

Gary, remark from another forum: The timer for the auto discharge is reset everytime you check the battery level. So don't touch for some days and check then again.
2021-1-10
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mini Kolli Posted at 1-10 23:53
Gary, remark from another forum: The timer for the auto discharge is reset everytime you check the battery level. So don't touch for some days and check then again.

Nope. I let it set for 10 days once without touching it and it was still 100%.
2021-1-11
Use props
GeorgOctane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 285807 ft
  • >>>
Austria

GaryDoug Posted at 1-11 15:55
Nope. I let it set for 10 days once without touching it and it was still 100%.

Mine also do not auto discharge, also if I do not touch them for many days...
Is there anyone where the auto discharge feature actually works?
2021-1-12
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

4 leds on your battery look like 100%, but when you look in the flyapp with your drone on it's 88% , charge battery before fly gents
2021-1-12
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

dji_MODDER Posted at 1-12 02:10
4 leds on your battery look like 100%, but when you look in the flyapp with your drone on it's 88% , charge battery before fly gents

Not necessarily...and 88% would be 3 1/2 lights. 89% is the minimum for 4 lights. Read the manual. Mine always shows 100% or very close when connected to the app regardless of the amount of time unused after fully charged.
2021-1-12
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My battery management is simple. After my flights I recharge them to about 50% (when the third light starts flashing) and leave them at that state until the day I need them again, when I fully charge them ready for flying.
2021-1-12
Use props
Skynet5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20253 ft
United Kingdom

JerryLaurence Posted at 1-12 14:49
My battery management is simple. After my flights I recharge them to about 50% (when the third light starts flashing) and leave them at that state until the day I need them again, when I fully charge them ready for flying.

This is what I do.
2021-1-12
Use props
LucasM
lvl.1

Argentina

GaryDoug Posted at 2021-1-10 22:17

Dji batteries does not discharge when being inside the drone or the charging hub. This is something to be aware of in order to keep the batteries healthy
2022-1-3
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

LucasM Posted at 1-3 21:38
Dji batteries does not discharge when being inside the drone or the charging hub. This is something to be aware of in order to keep the batteries healthy
They are supposed to discharge when in the aircraft or in the hub - a firmware fix for this was issued in June '21.

The firmware is supposed to update in the battery when you have updated the aircraft firmware to 1.03.0000.

Before this version there was aknown issue where the batteries didn't discharge unless they were disconnected (is out of the hub or aircraft).

However, this update does not always seem to work - as per some reports above.

I have the same problem and I am currently waiting (well.over a week now) for DJI to send me a correct shipping label and pro-forma invoice and LiPo warning labels to ship two of my batteries back to them for further investigation.

They have requested to see the batteries after I sent a detailed graph of the batteries NOT discharging despite multiple aircraft upgrades (using DJI Assistant to perform downgrades to allow the aircraft to be upgraded repeatedly).

So, while they ARE supposed to discharge, there is something a bit flaky here.
2022-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules