New updates are horrible
887 14 2021-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd3e6ab70
lvl.3
Flight distance : 493553 ft
United States

The new mini 2 updates are horrible. The range now is horrible. Is almost as bad as the first mini now since updating. Also the direction indicator is horrible. I can not even get out 5000ft before rc losing connect I never had this problem before these updates. Dji you need to figure this out and fix this please. I cloud fly where ever with out any signal issue and now this even at 3000ft flying 300ft alt is a problem with two bars signal. This should not be happening. Please fix this issue
2021-1-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you sure it wasn't some random interference that caused the issue.  I fly a few places regularly and sometimes I'll get low signal and others its fine.    Even the weather can make a difference.
2021-1-11
Use props
fansd3e6ab70
lvl.3
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-11 10:20
Are you sure it wasn't some random interference that caused the issue.  I fly a few places regularly and sometimes I'll get low signal and others its fine.    Even the weather can make a difference.

Pretty positive since it’s the only place I do fly. It went down some with the first update n now it’s horrible since the second one. Think it’s weather this or that but does not matter because everyday it’s same thing now.
2021-1-11
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

From what I have read is that the M2 is more critical on the MM 2.
There is a little blue arrow on the side of the bigger blue dot in the radar and having that little blue airflow on the side pointing toward the triangle in the radar.
You may have to move a few feet away from H to see it.
Just my opinion.
Doug
2021-1-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansd3e6ab70 Posted at 1-11 11:12
Pretty positive since it’s the only place I do fly. It went down some with the first update n now it’s horrible since the second one. Think it’s weather this or that but does not matter because everyday it’s same thing now.

Perhaps they've optimised its for VLOS flights these days,  must be hard to see at 3000ft.
2021-1-11
Use props
DukeofDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12885007 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-11 11:32
Perhaps they've optimised its for VLOS flights these days,  must be hard to see at 3000ft.

I think I agree that the range has been affected since the last update.

they have done something. never had that issue with the original firmware.

I don't think its DJI's place to police the VLOS thing.

They should make sure that the drone performs as the specs mentioned on the box says it will.
2021-1-11
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 1-11 11:32

LOLLLLL, you've hit the nail on the head! All these guys complaining about the new compass wouldn't be complaining if they had been following the VLOS rules...
2021-1-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DukeofDrones Posted at 1-11 12:04
I think I agree that the range has been affected since the last update.

they have done something. never had that issue with the original firmware.

Sorry. I was making a joke.  
2021-1-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Monkey007 Posted at 1-11 12:08
LOLLLLL, you've hit the nail on the head! All these guys complaining about the new compass wouldn't be complaining if they had been following the VLOS rules...

Oh the moaning about the compass.  There’s been so many answers to that posted here but people keep asking.  
2021-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

A bit of advice, delete an re install FW , I also had similar problem and from experience I know updates can be sometimes sketchy. So i deleted and updated flew and had no problems.

It’s not a guaranteed fix but worth a try.
2021-1-11
Use props
fansd3e6ab70
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-11 13:30
A bit of advice, delete an re install FW , I also had similar problem and from experience I know updates can be sometimes sketchy. So i deleted and updated flew and had no problems.

Can I do that throw the dji fly app or need to hook up on the pc. And the compass thing I have done everything calibrated phone drone everything and it’s still off. Could be the phone or case but I hate having that issue. Waiting for a phone mount to come so it’s not on top and sitting on the controller anymore to see if it helps.
2021-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fansd3e6ab70 Posted at 1-11 13:36
Can I do that throw the dji fly app or need to hook up on the pc. And the compass thing I have done everything calibrated phone drone everything and it’s still off. Could be the phone or case but I hate having that issue. Waiting for a phone mount to come so it’s not on top and sitting on the controller anymore to see if it helps.

You need to do it on computer.
2021-1-11
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 1-11 13:30

As far as I know, this is not possible with the Mini 2. The DJI Assistant only lets you export logs. It does not provide the function to delete and refresh firmware. How do you achieve this using your computer (as you suggest) without DJI Assistant? I don't believe this to be possible.

I think you are referring to the Mini 1.

2021-1-11
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

fansd3e6ab70 Posted at 1-11 13:36
Can I do that throw the dji fly app or need to hook up on the pc. And the compass thing I have done everything calibrated phone drone everything and it’s still off. Could be the phone or case but I hate having that issue. Waiting for a phone mount to come so it’s not on top and sitting on the controller anymore to see if it helps.

It’s wrong for many pilots, it’s not yet optimised by DJI (polite for not tested fully!)
2021-1-11
Use props
fansd3e6ab70
lvl.3
United States

If anything does not change I know drone hacks has the firmware for down grading. Then can up grade again see if it’s any better
2021-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules